Diablo® III

Capped Stats experiments

10/01/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Chrizzle
So far, there aren't any cap on LoH. none that I've seen.

soft caps exist on it, but I haven't seen any hard caps mentioned either

Ring 1 = 479 LoH
Ring 2 = 479 LoH
Ammy = 959 LoH
Weapon 1 = 959 LoH
Weapon 2 = 959 LoH
-------------------------------
Non Leg = 3835 LoH

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/heart-of-iron = 13 LoH
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gladiator-gauntlets = 224 LoH
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/string-of-ears = 94 LoH<-- this belt will be insane come 2.0
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/blackthornes-jousting-mail = 479 LoH
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/flint-ripper-arrowheads = 189 LoH
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leg = 999 LoH (if these were all level 63 it would be 2395 LoH, 479*5)

Current Max Total = 4834 LoH ( 6230 LoH lvl63 Theoretical max )
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 10/2/2013 7:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Err.. the cap was referring to up to only what amount you could only get. I know there's that Cap wherein that's the maximum you can attain on items :P

What we're referring to is the amount that the system will only allow you to >_<

Anyways.. nice find though ;)

Add remove Quiver's LoH, equip that weapon then socket it with Marq Amethysts..

That'll net you 1,400 more LoH.

With 3k LoH, I see life gains of up to 22k. Dunno how but maybe because of..

Shuriken Cloud, 3x CoT, Gas Grenades, Echoing Blast all happening at the same time.
Reply Quote
life steal is for end game.

oh wait, i mean life on hit now.
Reply Quote

Don't forget Life Regeneration. ;)

P.S. Life Steal should still be an end game stat for some, but not all. For example, high damage/low APS Manti users should prefer LS over LoH and vice versa for mid damage/high APS hand crossbow users as LoH scales with APS.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 10/2/2013 10:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I would be a little cautious about mass LoH amounts. As blues have said .. .they are also looking at mechanics so we don't have the jumpy HP where you are almost dead then full then almost dead.. then full. So, while I agree LoH will be more important in some aspects due to the LS changes it seems will be happening..... I think the fluctuation of such massive damage per hit is also being addressed which is one reason they are looking at the nerfing of LS.

2k LoH will seem pretty high to me... especially with other regen buffs coming.

I would think a combination of regen and loh will be good. Then you aren't forced into just using the skills which will proc LoH. If we do that we are simply then back to cookie-cutter type approaches.

:)
Reply Quote

Don't forget Life Regeneration. ;)

P.S. Life Steal should still be an end game stat for some, but not all. For example, high damage/low APS Manti users should prefer LS over LoH and vice versa for mid damage/high APS hand crossbow users as LoH scales with APS.

Right on. actually.. With the build I'm experimenting with, LoH Procs from things that are IAS Tick independent are actually going well ;)

Such skills are CoT, Choking Gas, Gas Grenade's gas Cloud, Shuriken Cloud, RoV-Anathema and to an extent, Echoing Blast(its still dependent on IAS due to the nature of higher APS = faster re-casting).

But so far, the above mentioned skill set lets me live up to MP10 with 2k LoH. MORE with more LoH. But I'm trying to increase my DPS while maintaining at least 2k LoH and 60k++ HP.

I would be a little cautious about mass LoH amounts. As blues have said .. .they are also looking at mechanics so we don't have the jumpy HP where you are almost dead then full then almost dead.. then full. So, while I agree LoH will be more important in some aspects due to the LS changes it seems will be happening..... I think the fluctuation of such massive damage per hit is also being addressed which is one reason they are looking at the nerfing of LS.

2k LoH will seem pretty high to me... especially with other regen buffs coming.

I would think a combination of regen and loh will be good. Then you aren't forced into just using the skills which will proc LoH. If we do that we are simply then back to cookie-cutter type approaches.

:)

Yeah, they might somewhat lower proc coeffs to an extent as to not make LoH the go-to stat. Since we MIGHT be able to cap on those CAPPED stats easier, there'll be room for other stats that should keep us alive.

Like.. Life Per Second and Health Globe/Potion Bonus. There are a few skills out there that will take your HP into consideration like Maelstrom change wherein you gain 1% of Max HP per enemy hit, maximum of 5%. It's not much but it's still a regen source :)
Reply Quote
they can't lower much for DHs for LoH Proc Coefficients... we hardly have anything good to use with LoH at this point as it is... lol They will have to put some back in play I think to avoid the cookie-cutter builds.
Reply Quote
10/02/2013 11:37 AMPosted by BubbaGump
they can't lower much for DHs for LoH Proc Coefficients... we hardly have anything good to use with LoH at this point as it is... lol They will have to put some back in play I think to avoid the cookie-cutter builds.

The only ones that they'll put some back on and give a Coeff would be JS.. That's the only suitable skill that doesn't actually proc anything anymore except for slow and some damage.

Vault and Smokescreen can deal damage and proc stuff.

However, it would be epic to have some of the sentries actually proc LoH ;) So far.. all our skills have proc coeffs.. They just needs some tweaking, INCREASING and not decreasing.. sheeesh. Look at Gas Grenades and Shuriken Cloud.. it got nerfed to oblivion to the point that few uses them in terms of procing LoH.
Reply Quote
I think its a bit too early to speculate. The caps on ias, crit and crit chance may be tweaked. They may even apply a specific formula to reach those caps much like how AR and armor have diminishing returns.

I wouldnt sell off any set gear that is of use atm.

But it really is nice to see people picking up interest in the small changes on d3.

It is starting to become a community again.

=D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]