Diablo® III

Datamined 9-26-13

I know this isn't that new to everyone but hey.. it's nice to look at ;)

Critical Hit Chance - *You may have a maximum of +40.00% Critical Hit Chance from items.
Block Chance - *You may have a maximum of 75.00% Block Chance.
Critical Hit Damage - *You may have a maximum of +250.00% Critical Hit Damage from items.
Movement Speed - *You may have a maximum of +25.00% movement speed from items
Gold Find - *You may have a maximum of +300.00% Gold Find.
Magic Find - *This increase is diminished for rare and legendary and set items.
Magic Find - *You may have a maximum of +300.00% Magic Find.
Attack Speed - *You may have a maximum of +40.00% Attack Speed from items.

From those.. ChC, ChD and APS getting capped is really.. troublesome for most DHs >_<

However.. the Movement Speed cap.. is quite interesting.. it says that you can only have +25% from Items.. so that means that we could kinda use skills like Hot Pursuit now for more MS?

Sure it's not that good but it's a hint? Others might be able to run faster now too since the cap is on ITEMS already.

There there's the Unique Item Passives.. some notable, for me that is would be..
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_647_x1 - Blocked attacks heal you and your allies for the amount blocked. - TankyDHs with shields will really tank stuff up now ;)

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_646_x1 - 5% chance on hit to create a Spike Trap, Caltrops or Sentry at the enemy's location. - if this isn't factored in to your MAX number of devices, then this might become OP of some sort..

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_645_x1 - Gain a death aura that deals 1000% of your Life per Second to enemies within 20 yards but your Life per Second no longer heals you. this + Brooding + Aid Station = for some Lolz. not unless it's LpS on items only.. Correct me if I'm wrong but.. 1k% of 1k is 10k? lol. sorry. I'm sometimes stupid at math :3

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_644_x1 - Increase chance to find Health Globes by 100%. - Vengeance!

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_636_x1 - Health globes restore 20% of your primary resource.- More Vengeance love. LOL

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_635_x1 - While moving your resource generation and damage is increased by 25%. While stationary your resource regeneration and damage is reduced by 25%.- say Hi to stutter steppers >_<

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_634_x1 - Blocking an attack Freezes the attacker.- more TankyDH love. LOL

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_619_x1 - While casting Town Portal you gain an immunity bubble. - WTF moment emergency button. LOL

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_620_x1 - Bolas now explode instantly. - FIREWORKS!! >_<

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_621_x1 - Fan of Knives knocks targets back. - It's like those auras on animes that when they activate it, enemies fly out. LOL

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_622_x1 - You may have 2 additional Sentries.- sorry. I just fcking love sentries >_<

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_602_x1 - Your Spike Traps lure enemies to them. + the supposed Echoing Blast change on all runes of Spike Trap is gonna be awesome.

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_600_x1 -Summons shadow clones to your aid when you are hit by a crowd control effect. - some epic moments when you time it right with Smokescreen. Kagebunshin?

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_588_x1 -You take 25% less damage for each enemy that is stunned within 25 yards of you. - more tankDH love IMO.. It didn't say that you have to be the one that stuns them anyways :)

ItemPassive_Unique_Shoulder_002_x1 - [{VALUE1} * 100]% chance to explode in a fan of knives for 200% weapon damage when hit. - It's like that http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/death-watch-mantle but improved. 200% weapon damage is like.. wow.

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_597_x1 - While below 30% Life, all attacks are guaranteed Critical Hits.this + EA-Lightning Bolts for some epic perma stun >_<

ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_531_x1 - Automatically cast Smoke Screen when you fall below 25% Life. This effect may occur once every 30 seconds (decreased from 30% Life).- free Smokescreen is free :)

Vengeance Is Mine

desc : Cooldown: 90 seconds / Turn into the physical embodiment of Vengeance for 15 seconds. / *Side Guns: Whenever you activate a skill, you gain 2 additional shots to the left and right for 100% weapon damage. / *Homing Rockets: Rockets shoot automatically at nearby enemies for 75% weapon damage.
Training Drone : A mechanical contraption orbits you, dealing 150% weapon damage per second to enemies around you.
Personal Mortar : Launch grenades at random enemies outside melee range for 200% weapon damage.
Stimulants : Heal for 10% of maximum life each second.

Homing Rockets + Spitfire + RF-Fire Support.. Rockets galore >_<

Anyways.. that's it.. what's your take on those changes? Or maybe you have some of your own that you like?

and finally..

HealthPotionLegendary_06 - Bottomless Potion of Kulle-Aid - have some Cool'aid >_<
Reply Quote
All I say is I wanna play the expansion!
Reply Quote
However.. the Movement Speed cap.. is quite interesting.. it says that you can only have +25% from Items.. so that means that we could kinda use skills like Hot Pursuit now for more MS?

Sure it's not that good but it's a hint? Others might be able to run faster now too since the cap is on ITEMS already.

In a prior thread, it looked like we pick up 2 skills that increase speed movement.
Including a 'speed gate'.
I forgot which one, but one of them had a +60% movement.

With those, DH will be turning into a kiting class.

*as they say : these are not final and will likely change prior to release.
Reply Quote
They could either be nice and just give a cap, or be nasty and not give a cap but make anything higher useless (like in D2, hitting above certain breakpoints is useless, but no one knows anything because there wasn't a cap and until players tested it out and made a data sheet).

I don't see an issue since they want to make other affixes useful, the trifecta reign needs to go.

RoS is like a completely new D3, they are changing almost everything and for the better.
Edited by fathom#6674 on 10/1/2013 5:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/30/2013 11:48 PMPosted by Chrizzle
Critical Hit Chance - *You may have a maximum of +40.00% Critical Hit Chance from items.

Question is... will skill buffs that give +CC% be allowed to go beyond this supposed cap?

Silver
Reply Quote
I have a feeling that as it currently is, those caps on "items" are additive with the paragon bonuses to cc/cd. So while you might get 40% from items, 5% standard, you might very well be getting another 20%+ from paragon (at high levels) to hit your 60-70% (and I suspect bonus to skill crit like strafe/rf will go even higher). I think the item caps are because of the paragon system and they're trying to keep things even while at the same time reducing the dependence on items. I think its supposed to be that even if you have terrible gear, or just what you picked up from Loot 2.0's "smart drop" you can still farm the low MP levels ok if you play enough to level your paragon to high levels.

Still this does make build breakpoints like in the old D2 system where we make gear setups hitting these numbers (40% and 250%). I suppose that's not a terrible thing because then the rest of the bonuses are flexible (do you want to make a death aura build, etc etc)

I hope a tank death aura build with a shield that gives life when blocking will be viable. That would be hilarious. You could be like the grim reaper just standing there afk while things die.
Reply Quote
it says items
40% CC items +5% base +5% archery = 50%,

or ShSh and stay at 49% and hit 53% in 1 second
btT is still 10%? you're at 60%/59%

CHD being capped is another DW kick.
thanks blizz, ever going to fix the ruby issue by making them character +dmg instead of weapon based? ^ words at walls

a 6% crit nats? all you want now is +x-y and 50% chd, no need for crit
10%DML, 6% helm, 10% gloves, 6% bracers and 10% amulet is 2% wigle room and you're capped

and 40% IAS cap. tells us we don't need think of trifecta amulet as ias/CC/CHd
it is now +Dmg/CC/CHD
20%DML, 9% gloves, 9% ring, 9% pants or helm or WH and you have tons of wiggle

no cap on +damage means you certainly want ruby in weapons..(way to ruin emeralds more) and leave the 250% chd for your 100%weapon/Amy100/ring50/gloves50 plenty of wiggle as well
Edited by zoid#1554 on 10/1/2013 7:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
In a prior thread, it looked like we pick up 2 skills that increase speed movement.
Including a 'speed gate'.
I forgot which one, but one of them had a +60% movement.

With those, DH will be turning into a kiting class.

*as they say : these are not final and will likely change prior to release.

The new Unique Item also gives 25% more damage and resource generation whenever you're moving. That's a clear sign that they want us to actually move. 25% Damage is like a Free SoJ >_<

Question is... will skill buffs that give +CC% be allowed to go beyond this supposed cap?

Silver

From my understanding.. the +CC% Bonus CAP are only on ITEMS. Archery(1hXBow), ShSh and Bait and other skills would most probably increase over the 40%. If you'll look into it.. the highest you can get WITHOUT SKILLS OR PASSIVE is 45% with ITEMS ONLY. 5% being the innate.

I have a feeling that as it currently is, those caps on "items" are additive with the paragon bonuses to cc/cd. So while you might get 40% from items, 5% standard, you might very well be getting another 20%+ from paragon (at high levels) to hit your 60-70% (and I suspect bonus to skill crit like strafe/rf will go even higher). I think the item caps are because of the paragon system and they're trying to keep things even while at the same time reducing the dependence on items. I think its supposed to be that even if you have terrible gear, or just what you picked up from Loot 2.0's "smart drop" you can still farm the low MP levels ok if you play enough to level your paragon to high levels.

Exactly.. That's a reason IMO that they made a CAP on ITEM BONUSES because of the new PLevel Bonuses..

I hope a tank death aura build with a shield that gives life when blocking will be viable. That would be hilarious. You could be like the grim reaper just standing there afk while things die.

Actually thought of that.. high LPS + high HP + Brooding + Aid Station >_<

it says items
40% CC items +5% base +5% archery = 50%,

or ShSh and stay at 49% and hit 53% in 1 second
btT is still 10%? you're at 60%/59%

CHD being capped is another DW kick.
thanks blizz, ever going to fix the ruby issue by making them character +dmg instead of weapon based? ^ words at walls

New Paragon Bonus that they are about to add might be the reason why they put caps on those stuff.. I mean.. it would be quite OP if you have those Bonuses and not get a CAP.. But hey.. this is a demon slaying game.. we should be able to roflpubstomp them.. right? >_<
Reply Quote
it's a good system with nice open paragon spending
(10%cc or ias with all 50/50)

but AFAIK they still screwed emeralds and DWing with the item capping. there is zero use for an emerald in a weapon now, certainly manti users will scoff, you already have 100% weapon and 100% amulet... the last 50% and you can double ruby the thing.

there was nothing wrong with people reaching 75% hard crit cap and then min/maxing according to that (BtT and archery crit% lost value but they they could have just changed them to yield over cap) if they felt pLvl 50/50 for 10%crit wouldn't have value that isn't there choice to make, that's a market min/max theorycrafter choice. We could max out and THEN re-evaluate gear choices and drop gear crit% for dex, -cooldown, +resources/skill% or w/e

now if they are positive we had too much NS crit proc feedbacks, well that I agree with item cap.
no way to do that actually without more hidden stats like timers or proc coef change crap
Edited by zoid#1554 on 10/1/2013 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
it's a good system with nice open paragon spending
(10%cc or ias with all 50/50)

but AFAIK they still screwed emeralds and DWing with the item capping. there is zero use for an emerald in a weapon now, certainly manti users will scoff, you already have 100% weapon and 100% amulet... the last 50% and you can double ruby the thing.

there was nothing wrong with people reaching 75% hard crit cap and then min/maxing according to that - BtT and archery crit% lost value since we'd hit 75% easier but they they could have just changed them to yield over cap. and if they felt pLvl 50/50 into crit% wouldn't have value that isn't there choice to make, tat's a market min/max theory crafter choice. max out everything and THEN we re-evaluate gear choices and drop crit% on them for possibly more dex, -cooldown, resoruces or w/e

now if they are positive we had too much NS crit proc feedbacks, well that I agree with the new item cap. no way to do that actually without more hidden stats like timers or proc coef changes

Lol yeah. The changes that we'll be getting regarding that cap will really diversify the itemization in which is one of their reasons too maybe?

Look at it this way.. you can forego CHD on Weapon and go for other rolls. The "nerfing" of LS and advent of LoH is what they're pushing too IMO. So lets say you get 100 on Amu, 100 on Gloves, 50 on some other else.. you'll get LoH and LS on Weapon instead :)

Though DPS side.. MANY will see a BIG decrease in DPS >_<
Reply Quote
09/30/2013 11:48 PMPosted by Chrizzle

That isn't even attainable normally. One needs every single block chance item in the game to get 76% which would be diminished to 75% lol.

Justice Lantern (+11%)
Justice Lantern (Legacy) (+11%)
Doombringer (+7%)
Stormshield (+34%)
Helm of Command (+8%)
Kotuur's Brace (+5%)
Reply Quote
DPS wise:

I would lose:
2.5% crit chance
0% attack speed (I have under 40% bonus)
13% crit damage (once I exchange an emerald for another ruby in bow)

So I think I will be rather unaffected compared to most.
Edited by Iria#1342 on 10/1/2013 10:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Iria

That isn't even attainable normally. One needs every single block chance item in the game to get 76% which would be diminished to 75% lol.

Justice Lantern (+11%)
Justice Lantern (Legacy) (+11%)
Doombringer (+7%)
Stormshield (+34%)
Helm of Command (+8%)
Kotuur's Brace (+5%)

Crusader is all about shields, though. I'm sure if they added a cap, that's because you can blow past it.
Reply Quote
Like Zoid, I'm a bit leary of the CHD cap as that's all dual wielders have. However, has anyone considered the fact that under this new regime, dual wielding will net a DH the highest possible APS?

Think about it, the IAS cap on items does not affect the innate 15% IAS bonus fron DW, thus we can get 15% more IAS than SW and 2H. With this change, the DML has been defanged a bit.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 10/1/2013 10:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm glad you guys keep digging into these details.

When I first heard about the stat cap on gear, I was really disheartened... but I never really thought about how it will interact with the Paragon points.

Regardless, RoS will practically be a brand new game.
Reply Quote
Like Zoid, I'm a bit leary of the CHD cap as that's all dual wielders have. However, has anyone considered the fact that under this new regime, dual wielding will net a DH the highest possible APS?

Think about it, the IAS cap on items does not affect the innate 15% IAS bonus fron DW, thus we can get 15% more IAS than SW and 2H. With this change, the DML has been defanged a bit.

Exactly.. though I do wish they won't categorize the DW IAS bonus as "ITEMS".. since if they do that.. DWing just became far less appealing -.-

I'm glad you guys keep digging into these details.

When I first heard about the stat cap on gear, I was really disheartened... but I never really thought about how it will interact with the Paragon points.

Regardless, RoS will practically be a brand new game.

There's so much speculation that a nice discussion is somewhat needed.. While all these are theorycrafting.. we'd still be able to see some nice ideas on how to counteract the supposed coming changes :3

I sure do hope they release PTR soon >_<
Reply Quote
A lot of you seem to think all you will need to do is grab 100% CHD on your amulet then 50% on your glove rings etc etc and you will be hitting the cap in no time except from what has been shown the new gear as at least a 30-45% nerf to the trifecta stats. reaching the caps will not be as easy as people think if your getting 30% cd max on a glove or something. For all we know the paragon bonus chd of 50% might be the highest single slot equivalent while the rest of the gear sees a huge nerf to those stats.

I can imagine ASI will be 5-6% maybe less on all slots but quivers, chd going from 100 to 30-40% and so on.

If this is the case you are still going to want to see a good majority of your gear having some trifecta stats along with big mainstat values in order to even come close to the caps.

(one of the reasons why i think legacy nats might just be KILLER come ROS) the trifecta stats are lower on it but so will it be on the newer gear ontop of the cap and thanks to the mystic you will be able to reroll super big base stat rolls like dex and so on while also using paragon points and new gear on every other open slot. Due to our recent nerfs to discipline regen skills and such making us further disci starved i can see legacy nats being part of a feedback loop type of build like say punishment currently does. Also with no cap to mainstat points if someone has paragoned enough they could have one beast of a legacy nats DH with monster mainstats in dex vit armor etc etc. Should be interesting.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 10/1/2013 12:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a feeling.... new gear will have lower CC/ASI/CD on them and the cap is lower. Thoughts on this were due to us seeing a screen-shot of a DML that had high DEX/VIT but only 7.5% CC which is a downgrade from a CC standpoint since right now they are 9%-10% range.
Reply Quote
At first I thought the attack speed change was gonna suck, on a gameplay standpoint.

But, we got the 40%, then P2.0 10% then the Dual Wield 15%

If the weapon's attack speed isn't counted toward the total then 2.93 aps is good enough for me.
Reply Quote
My long piece of the pie. Not all is about the Windforce so don't shy away from the long read.

My DH built with Windforce hits

260 CD from items (new cap of 250 from items? added 50% from paragon points? my dps is going up!)
51.5 CC from items (new cap being 40 from items but we must get some from paragon points as well? can't remember the amount. nightstalker feel should remain the same. Will get better if procs return or get buffed on certain skills!)
+46% AS from items. (6% over the new cap from items but will probably see some in paragon points?)

366,469 dps with Steady Aim up, no Scoundrel buff.

This is with a 1748dps bow.. and seeing the new one handers for other classes going over 3K? 2 handers must being going there as well.. TBH this feels like plenty of DPS for me to play comfortably at MP10 and run a numerous amount of builds. Things flow pretty nicely with hatred/regen and skills. If I get a new bow with over 3k dps I hope they scale the monster hp UP because facerolling gets boring quick.

Do I face roll mp10 now? No. Does blizz want us to face roll? I believe no. Not at MP10, the highest supposed difficulty. The game is broken right now. Most classes are broken and the gear is certainly broken.

We will be doing less "spikey" damage of big crits/insane life leech and see less craziness on our health globes. Which is good. You get hit, MOVE and regen and fight a battle. Seems a little more engaging and "fun". You can't just regen everything back in 1 hit.

I will gladly trade my steady aim for the buffed CTW of 20% and run a cold SOJ in place of my hellfire and drop my crit chance/damage within cap range. As well trade in the Archery 15% which becomes 8% if all goes ahead, for the buffed Ballistics and being doing insane damage with rocket skills like the new generator of evasive fire and the new Vengence is Mine skill. Throw in some reduced cooldown gems where I can and i'm laughing. Oh give me a revamped WF with 3500+ dps after the mystic buffs it/binds it to me? Damage is going to be thru the roof. For a bow player..

DWers I feel for you guys but i think you might get the most interesting of playstyles. Like others have posted, losing that crit damage could hurt but if you're getting 2x 3500dps 1 handers? each packing 4-500 dex like the new DML was posted having? I think your raw damage potential will be pretty damn fine. I think it will be more interesting to see one cold 1hander working with 1 arcane or some other elemental 1hander working the revised elemental damage bonuses. Charming or burning or poisoning? Holy maybe will be the new life leech? Dual Holy 1handers? Sh*ts gonna get epic for dual wield I think. Plus you look like a boss with 2 bolt pistols.

Manti's.. sorry guys never liked it. Glad to see it de throned. Big ugly hairy bow. Will be fine anyways if raw damage is in line for all weapons. And the archery bonus stacking above item cap you will still see the biggest crit damage numbers because of the damage range of 2hand crossbows. Enjoy.

I agree with @Metatron on the Legacy Nats. In the long game... which is what this is about.. From what it looks like right now to me = Legacy Nats will be supreme. Buy up the non dex roll stuff now cheap because you can jus add paragon lvls and get your dex thru that. The non main stat rolls are the most valuable on Legacy as I see it. Allres, Disc on cloak, socket in ring for a cooldown reduction gem? (if that gear slots works it that) and reroll a random roll on each piece for much higher dex or vit or the dps stat your missing and GG. Got a couple sets sitting in stash just waiting to be tinkered with. Who cares about reselling? Get a DH squad together with Legacy Nats and paragon 800s doing their thing! Legacy Guild FTW.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]