Diablo® III

Datamined 9-26-13

Question is... will skill buffs that give +CC% be allowed to go beyond this supposed cap?

Silver

They do go beyond the 75% cap in the current form of the game, I don't see why they would change it now that they've pushed the cap even lower. If anything I think it would be cool if they introduced more CHC% Skills for gear. I have a total of +20%CHC to Rapid Fire from my SoJ, Maras and DML which I can see being extremely potent with the cap at 40% now, it will make the skill affixes more meaningful now, especially if they add more of them and make it available on more slots.
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 10/1/2013 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
was thinking of selling my L4N set on my Alice DH ... think I might keep it around for awhile :)
Reply Quote
http://www.diablohub.com/forums/thread/1883/

Level 70 DML with 7.5 CHC and 20% AIS

Puzzle ring with 6% AIS

Weapon with 35% CHD.

Now we all know that the current DML rolls 9-10% CHC already.. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/dead-mans-legacy

So if we'll base our assumptions there. It's quite obvious that the new legendaries.. or the supposed Loot 2.0 will really reduce the CHC, CHD and other stats that they are capping.

Still though.. if you'll go for the DML example, we'd only need 20% more to reach the cap. 35% CHD already on a weapon is night high due to the cap.

Imagine a Manticore rolling CHD of.. let's say max of 50% Just slot in two Emeralds and you'll be capped. That's saying that they won't change Emeralds :)

Now you'll have more roll/affix that you can designate onto other things.

TL:DR, with the supposed upcoming changes and new items.. Caps will surely be reached and itemization will surely grow.

We can no longer say that.. Go 6% Crit Mempo. 6% Lacuni, 9% 50% WH and so on ;) We'd have more choices I think.
Reply Quote
After looking at the changes.. I think.. I didn't see any stash Changes? or.. did I overlooked that? >_< They WILL add 2 more character slots though.. 2 more mules :3
Reply Quote
View profile

I agree with @Metatron on the Legacy Nats. In the long game... which is what this is about.. From what it looks like right now to me = Legacy Nats will be supreme. Buy up the non dex roll stuff now cheap because you can jus add paragon lvls and get your dex thru that. The non main stat rolls are the most valuable on Legacy as I see it. Allres, Disc on cloak, socket in ring for a cooldown reduction gem? (if that gear slots works it that) and reroll a random roll on each piece for much higher dex or vit or the dps stat your missing and GG. Got a couple sets sitting in stash just waiting to be tinkered with. Who cares about reselling? Get a DH squad together with Legacy Nats and paragon 800s doing their thing! Legacy Guild FTW.

I'd be extremely surprised if any item pre-RoS is GG in RoS even with the mystic.
Reply Quote

I'd be extremely surprised if any item pre-RoS is GG in RoS even with the mystic.

i'm curious if SoJ will remain 30%, and which stat would be alterable. I suppose if ele damage starts to work as inteded (6% to only that source) then I'd re-roll the x% and hope for 30-60 damage
Reply Quote
They said that the Mystic can re-roll RANDOM affix only.. or so I've seen on the text strings.

ItemCannotBeEnchantedNoRandomAffixes - The mystic cannot enchant that item because it has no random affixes.
ItemCannotBeEnchantedSocketable - The mystic cannot enchant socketable items.

And won't be able to enchant socketable items like some Legendaries but most of all, weapons..

If so, then Legacy Nats will only get their random roll a nice boost up?

Mystic seems great but to an extent only. I'm seeing that they'll be used MORE on BoA items already such as Bracers and stuff.. Might probably best used on Shoulders to get than stupid unwanted roll out ;)

i'm curious if SoJ will remain 30%, and which stat would be alterable. I suppose if ele damage starts to work as inteded (6% to only that source) then I'd re-roll the x% and hope for 30-60 damage

From http://www.diablohub.com/forums/thread/1883/

Puzzle Ring rolled very differently from the current Puzzle Ring that we have.

Now I'm wondering what the colors on the affixes are for.

Guess is BLUE is the "random" roll. Yellow would be a "special" Legendary roll. while Browns are those that are special Legendary ONLY roll that is specific to that item?

So.. Blue rolls might be for the Mystic?
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 10/1/2013 8:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote

look at the top title of the weapons
3 stars on the jawbreaker, and 3 blue mods
2 stars on the sparker bow and 2 blue mods..
puzzle has none

aie, can't figure out what that means actually..
Edited by zoid#1554 on 10/1/2013 8:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i think the only thing different about the 2.0 items is that they can roll higher main stats.

for example, DML now rolls to about 300 +/- dex and about 250 +/- vit.

the 2.0 version will roll 400 - 500 dex and 300 - 400 vit.

things like cc/cd/ias will be capped but that is to render current gear obsolete so that we be inclined to change to the new stuff because the caps are so easy to hit which means with our existing gear, our DPS will be capped by both capped stats and by the low (to 2.0 standards) main stat affixes.

Even things like Resists should be able to roll high (over 100). won't be surprised. the whole point about 2.0 is to render our existing gear obsolete, otherwise there is no point of them "trying to fix itemization".

in future, the bulk of our DPS will be almost solely based on our main stat. 10k dex/int/str? yeah why not?
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Dezzo
10k dex/int/str? yeah why not?
but continuous additions to a stat asymptote.

now if we are talking about dodge
8000 dex = 100% dodge
(no word on cap or change)
Reply Quote
They said that the Mystic can re-roll RANDOM affix only.. or so I've seen on the text strings.

ItemCannotBeEnchantedNoRandomAffixes - The mystic cannot enchant that item because it has no random affixes.
ItemCannotBeEnchantedSocketable - The mystic cannot enchant socketable items.

And won't be able to enchant socketable items like some Legendaries but most of all, weapons..

If so, then Legacy Nats will only get their random roll a nice boost up?

Mystic seems great but to an extent only. I'm seeing that they'll be used MORE on BoA items already such as Bracers and stuff.. Might probably best used on Shoulders to get than stupid unwanted roll out ;)

From http://www.diablohub.com/forums/thread/1883/

Puzzle Ring rolled very differently from the current Puzzle Ring that we have.

Now I'm wondering what the colors on the affixes are for.

Guess is BLUE is the "random" roll. Yellow would be a "special" Legendary roll. while Browns are those that are special Legendary ONLY roll that is specific to that item?

Mystic currently is not able to reroll anything on any crafted gear period, wether boa or not. So sorry to burst your bubble on that lol really sucks I was looking to beef up my Amy or something but I guess it isn't gonna happen in its current form.

Also the whole point of rerolling on a good legacy Nats would be to reroll the mainstats mostly if your other random rolls are good. Keep in mind legacy in terms of CC CHD and ASI is pre legend buff and close to the current nerfed trifecta stat projections so those rolls are fine as is. Since Mainstat is where most our damage is coming from that's what your going to want to beef up, ontop if wearing all the new gear in ever other slot and weapon. The discipline regen + new item passive bonuses in other slots + mystic Mainstat rerolls if possible to open spots + major paragon points will make it quite formidable in my opinion. Especially keeps nightstalker off our passives an that opens up room for more builds and the new and improved beefed up passives.

I also look forward to the reduced skill cool down gems and stat points to bring SS back down to a beast level for pvp lol

Also if the proc rate buffing discussion also rebalances and returns our caltrops jagged spikes proc expect that to power a powerful oldschool tank DH build with legacy Nats again and LOH freeze etc like the old days ontop of nightstalker and punishment cluster bombs spam. O how I look forward to tanking harder than a barb again lol
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 10/1/2013 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 09:06 PMPosted by zoid
10k dex/int/str? yeah why not?

8000 dex = 100% dodge

impossibru!

they will just throw in a new bell curve aka diminishing returns for dodge.
Reply Quote
10/01/2013 09:13 PMPosted by METATRON
Since Mainstat is where most our damage is coming from
once you have 6000 dex a +100 addition is only 1.64%

at that point you'd be hoping for +30-60 on a ring
...the serpeant sparker will be 2200 base, that ring will be a 2% increase

of course the SoJ's 6% poison would be +6% of the 1800-2200, even better

8000 dex = 100% dodge

impossibru!

they will just throw in a new bell curve aka diminishing returns for dodge.

they better, as-is dodge% is a dumbly planned out stat
Edited by zoid#1554 on 10/1/2013 9:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Are there proposed changes to the elemantal damage of current SoJs? I thought it was only for newly generated ones in Loot 2.0?

I'm wondering if I get to retain the chill effect from +6% Cold Damage on my SoJ or if it is to be altered to be in line with any proposed changes to elemental effects?

Silver
Reply Quote
im starting to think loot 2.0 is the band aid route, and not an ideal fix that yields min/max potential to previous design mistakes

I'm now prepared to find my legacy nats, sojs, -5 cluster this, and chakram/ impale/multi shot% dml/coats and inquisitor.... and other various purchases a huge waste collecting dust

and frankly, the game was released as such a minimum viable product i still openly call it a beta...a clean slate is probably what it could use most
Edited by zoid#1554 on 10/1/2013 10:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
very little if any of the current items will preserve their usefulness come 2.0

even things like SOJ will spawn 2.0 mods. like instead of + 100 mana it will roll +200 mana instead. reducing resource mods will surely double too. so instead of - 5 to cloud of bats, it be - 10 or even -15.
Reply Quote
See that's just it at a certain point Mainstat paragon points will make changes to the players DPS and mitigation that will become inconsequential. The end result being legacy Nats and any new Nats would be on par in DPS and EHP except the legacy player will have the 4 set bonus ontop of any other new passive gear bonuses on the other slots. The end result becomes less about gear stats and more about bonuses and dmg + bonuses like SOJ for example like you said.

I think it's a good idea to hold onto items that have certain skill bonuses and cold soj's etc because they might not exist in loot 2.0 or operate the same way and even if they are weaker perse in the Mainstat department that is all mitigated after a certain level of paragon points anyways and the special bonuses the gear provides become much more important.

It is a bandaid fix but what it does is it creates a means for any and all gear combinations to work somewhat after enough gameplay is put in opening up more options for gear choices and special bonuses rather than the huge Mainstat bonuses they provide. Which leads back to the item bonuses being more important as build changers like thy said they want to do and less about large stat numbers by shifting us towards character stats more as enough time is put into a character.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 10/1/2013 10:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

even things like SOJ will spawn 2.0 mods. like instead of + 100 mana it will roll +200 mana instead. reducing resource mods will surely double too. so instead of - 5 to cloud of bats, it be - 10 or even -15.

There is very little evidence at all for those mods yet. From what we do know is loot 2.0 is going to have increased mainstats and base damage range rolls buffed and nerfed trifecta stats that's it.

The only suggestion to buffed skill bonuses is the loot 2.0 DML that shows -7 cluster arrow which is still only -2 over the current -5 limit.

Also if our skills are any indication of things blizzard is planning on starving us of discipline even more than ever so I wouldn't doubt DH items give less discipline or the same as they currently do.

They want u to be discipline starved and manage it carefully not spam gloom like we greenfly do lol
Reply Quote
I posted this in another thread but I'll post it here too.

Besides the obvious combos (like Strafe + "Strafe no longer costs hatred"), here are some DH combos I've been hearing and thinking about:

Strafe + "Chance on Critical Hit to increase attack speed and movement speed"

Strafe + "While moving your resource generation and damage is increased by 25%. While stationary your resource regeneration and damage is reduced by 25%"

Ball Lightning/Thunder Ball + "Lightning skills have a chance to turn the enemy into a lightning rod, pulsing Lightning damage to nearby enemies"

Nightstalker + Smokescreen + "While below 30% Life, all attacks are guaranteed Critical Hits"

Rapid Fire + standing still buffs (Brooding, Takeoff and "Deal 20% additional damage after remaining stationary for 3 seconds")

Frost Arrow + "Your Chill effects have a 50% chance to Freeze instead of Slow"

Fan of Knives + "Fan of Knives knocks targets back" + "Increase the Knockback distance of your skills that cause Knockback by 100% and increase their damage by 50%"

It's hard to tell if some of these combos will work though. Does frost arrow "chill" its targets? Does ball lightning count as a lightning skill? There's another legendary affix that reduces the resource cost of fire skills by 30%. What constitutes a skill to be considered fire? If any skill that deals fire damage is considered a fire skill, would that include vault - trail of cinders or sentry - spitfire turret?These could end up being wizard only effects.
Reply Quote

There is very little evidence at all for those mods yet. From what we do know is loot 2.0 is going to have increased mainstats and base damage range rolls buffed and nerfed trifecta stats that's it.

The only suggestion to buffed skill bonuses is the loot 2.0 DML that shows -7 cluster arrow which is still only -2 over the current -5 limit.

Also if our skills are any indication of things blizzard is planning on starving us of discipline even more than ever so I wouldn't doubt DH items give less discipline or the same as they currently do.

They want u to be discipline starved and manage it carefully not spam gloom like we greenfly do lol

@about Mystic.. Is that so? >_< Then damn. We'd better find RARES to re-roll ;)

As for the new things.. I believe they'll make Legendaries to drop on all levels? I dunno. just guessing.

Like a Leoric's Signet ranges from Level 1 to 70 or something.. but that'll be TOO RANDOM so.. yeah.. I have the slightest idea of how they'll introduce new item stats.

Maybe you'll play into RoS naked? :3 but that'll be TOO EXTREME.

@Rage
We'll never know until PTR :) I do wish they'll make an NPC in PTR wherein we could ACTUALLY just buy some stuff to try it out ourselves. Since PTR gets deleted anyways, nothing bad would come into it, right? :3

We'd be able to do bug reports EASIER that way. Report even abuses when certain things gets synced.

@METATRON
Regarding JS, if that happens to get ANY proc coefficient at all.. Then I'll be 1 happy TankyDH once again >_< I'd have to get some of my TankDH buddies back if that ever happens. LOL

I did try no LS of whatsoever build and damn. 2k to 4k LoH is really neat. APS doesn't really matter since I'm using Damage over Time skills or APS independent(in terms of ticks per second).

Now I just have to increase my DPS and everything else <3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]