Diablo® III

Has the Devs discussed AH removal after announcement?

fact: as of right now, AH removal is still on track for march 2014
fact: this announcement made many people happy while destroying the hopes and dreams for equally many others. there's been a great deal of for and against threads and feedback from the fans.

my question is: has the D3 development team gotten together since the announcement to:

1. discuss the positive/negative feedback from the fans
2. discuss the concerns of the people against the AH removal
3. discuss the possibility of delaying the AH removal or keeping it up and running
4. chuckled at all the feedback and moving forward with the plan

has the dev team done any or all of the above? a blue post on this would be nice.
Reply Quote
10/03/2013 10:00 AMPosted by yumyumyum
my question is: has the D3 development team gotten together since the announcement to:

My guess would be yes, but to simply:

10/03/2013 10:00 AMPosted by yumyumyum

There is no going back now! They made a video saying so, uh huh!
Edited by Keldon#1284 on 10/3/2013 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard could have two realms, one has AH, one has not.
give people choices. not treat people like sheep without freedom.
why D2 is so popular after so many years? because, we had a lot of freedoms: offline, online, open, ladder, non-ladder, many fun builds, many fun items....freedom is what makes a game fun,and not told what the fun a game should be
Reply Quote
I am an auction house supporter. But removing it does not in any way ruin any of my hopes and dreams. :)

Removing it is just stupid is all. Removing the auction house will result in annoyance, that is it. It doesn't solve anything, and the entire spectacle of it all is pure rhetoric designed to fool the mental midgets which populate this playerbase.

All I ever wanted was a good Diablo game for all Diablo fans. And this is without doubt doable without making trade a hassle.
Reply Quote
10/03/2013 10:17 AMPosted by TheChemist

You aren't very clever are you?
Reply Quote
saying something no content, looks like you have no mind at all, lol

10/03/2013 10:58 AMPosted by Nicki

You aren't very clever are you?
Reply Quote
10/03/2013 10:16 AMPosted by Prodigy
who the F cares, AH is gone and thank god for that 99% of playerbase is happy, stop whining like morons.

The opinion of the majority is by no mean the best opinion, especially for the long run. Look at real life to find examples. Does the leading party of a country take people's votes for anything?
Reply Quote
who the F cares, AH is gone and thank god for that 99% of playerbase is happy, stop whining like morons.

I bet your parents are so proud.
Reply Quote
fact: this announcement made many people happy while destroying the hopes and dreams for equally many others. there's been a great deal of for and against threads and feedback from the fans.

1. discuss the positive/negative feedback from the fans
2. discuss the concerns of the people against the AH removal
3. discuss the possibility of delaying the AH removal or keeping it up and running

has the dev team done any or all of the above? a blue post on this would be nice.

Hello Nice try but you are %100 wrong.It is not even close to equal. It's like %10 to %90. Dont trust to forums they are not showing any numbers. AH had to go. Stop it. All of you! the minority
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We’re very aware of the community's varied feedback regarding the decision to remove the Auction Houses from Diablo III. From the moment the announcement went live, we've been consistently monitoring what you all have had to say and passing that information along to key people throughout Blizzard. The most important part in providing this glimpse into your thoughts is making sure we get the whole picture: positive responses, constructive criticism, non-constructive criticism, concerns, questions, and suggestions. This is pulled from forum threads, social media posts, media articles, and fan site pages (with much more in between). We also make sure every region is included so we have a global look at what the community has to say. From there, your feedback is compiled and summarized so we can distribute it to all the folks involved with Diablo III, from development to the executives and other Blizzard branches.

So what are we, as a company, doing with that feedback? The community's reaction is an important component to daily development discussions, and you have so much to say that we’re not really done collecting it yet. You may have seen Josh’s tweets yesterday regarding the Auction House and trading in Diablo III. (If not, you should totally check them out and participate – it’s never too late to share your thoughts directly with the game’s director.)

We're discussing not only what you guys think, but what you'd like to see as a result of the Auction House retirement. Our plans are still evolving based on these conversations, and we’ll be sure to keep the community informed on “what’s next?” as everything starts to coalesce.
Reply Quote
thanks for the response, Nevalistis!
really looking forward to any patches coming in the future, loads of sarcastic posts here (including from myself, :) ), but bottom line is, people still have love for Diablo 3, and I still play it everyday, even though my friend list is shorter and shorter.
Edited by TheChemist#1105 on 10/3/2013 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
fact: this announcement made many people happy while destroying the hopes and dreams for equally many others.

The number of people that want the AH removed FAR EXCEEDS the number of people that approve of the AH's existence. As witnessed by polls/forums/and the number of likes to dislikes on the youtube video Blizzard made, it's about 10 to 1.

i would like to know where you got this data from i believe this to be highly unlikely with your %'s
Reply Quote
I think as a replacement, we should have a Sales storage area, or store if you will. to work as an auctionhouse system would allow for searching for such items, include the same search system etc.

this could be implemented with the idea of a Trading post in game.
And since the AH system isnt going to remain, such a system would just allow people to search for what others are selling and a way to either send offers through a message system, or to send friend request etc for player to player trade purposes.

Seller then accepts or declines request.

as for creating an economy value for items, maybe the search system could also list highest offers accepted for items with same/similiar stats
Reply Quote
10/03/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Dispirit
they should really keep the important discussions here.
Reply Quote
It was fun selling low level equipment on the AH, and was a nice surprise when the item sold way above your expectations, and another player really needed the item. It was a unique experience, like selling on ebay. I thought they had plans to sell characters too, but unfortunately they are removing it. I was content on doing mp1-3 with self found, but they keep moving the "goalpost" so my gear needed changing. Some say item rolls were dependent on AH, so that is why they needed to remove it. I thought it was truely RNG, but when they came with BoA gear with 200+ mainstat it made me have doubts. I hope they will compromise when the final call comes, we will see if the feedback they get will change their minds. If not then I will still play, but with a grain of salt. I wonder what will be put in it's place. Trade 2.0?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]