Diablo® III

To Unity or not to Unity

Unity is a great ring to have so far as AD, CC, AR, CD. Is it really worth to have a few points for damage to elites?

Seeing the cheapest Unity I have found in the past was 6mil that had 3/4 of the stats above. The rings I have now were merely a fraction of that cost. What say you?
Reply Quote
View profile
Even without the elite dmg, the normal unity is pretty leet. Its a very affordable cross over item to BiS trifectas atm.
Reply Quote
Unity is a great ring to have so far as AD, CC, AR, CD. Is it really worth to have a few points for damage to elites?

Seeing the cheapest Unity I have found in the past was 6mil that had 3/4 of the stats above. The rings I have now were merely a fraction of that cost. What say you?

The rings you have now are missing 100-150 dex, mate.
Reply Quote

The rings you have now are missing 100-150 dex, mate.

Yeah I understand that. Just that the AD is very nice to the bow I have now. Is there some kind of maths I don't understand? Is AD better than Dex in this instance?
Reply Quote
You can simulate gear and look at DPS gain by stat:

http://d3up.com/b/1107842

good luck!

(your all resist is really low my friend...)
Edited by PaT#1131 on 10/1/2013 2:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's a nice ring that gives you most of the DPS stats that you need on a ring: Average Damage, 150+ main stat and 4.5% CC. From here it's up to you if you want IAS or ChD. In comparison, a rare ring with AD of 25-50, 4.5% CC, and 150+ dex with either IAS or ChD will likely to cost more than a comparable Unity.

Also, Dex provides direct multiplication to your weapon damage and AD. 150 Dex = +150% damage. So I wouldn't say AD is better than Dex. Both are equally important :P

Do as PaT suggests. Create a Unity on d3up with the stats that you're interested in, simulate swapping either one of your rings with said Unity to see if you get DPS boost or drop. If it's a boost, justify the amount of boost vs the cost of the Unity and there's your answer
Reply Quote
[quote="101360816726"

(your all resist is really low my friend...)[/quote]

Yeah I kinda noticed that as well.

And Oble, thanks for the tip. Actually on both of your advising I will check up D3up.

Thanks again!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]