Diablo® III

PS3 Multiplayer infinite loading problem

I chose quick match, I see the party information (who's in the party),

and pressed join game, and it's been 30 minutes since then.

It's even right next to me still loading.

no exit key or option or anything... just loading showing random tips every few seconds

any fix to this? all i can do is press Home and quit Diablo 3

and yes, my internet is perfectly working through ps3, nobody else is using the internet

and i'm not downloading anything !

and no I never lagged in MW3 multiplayer nor tekken tag tourney 2 for an example

And my override region is off

other 2 options under has check mark off

I tried override region for NA and SA separately tested and

still does not work (I'm the only one in the party)

If i turn override region and try other regions, I join a game where I'm the only one in it

I have tested those options on as well ! None works.

Tested turning off ps3 and going on, tested deleting save and making new character

tested, forgetting network for wireless and entering all infos and connect to is again,etc,...

Tested with wire internet or wireless internet (on the wireless right now)

I've tried submitting ticket to Blizzard, but they won't let me and sends me to

Playstation support, I tried live chatting with the support team and they send me back

to Blizzard. I can't even refund this game... I need a fix please.

I think i've tested everything that I can do.
Edited by SonGayChaos#3654 on 10/2/2013 10:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am experiencing the same issue. I can see other online players in the "lobby" for the game, but cannot connect. This is a new issue since the 1.02 update. I had played online extensively with a friend prior to this update, but now it is impossible to connect to each other.
Reply Quote
Thank god i'm not the only one. Where do you live If I may ask?
Reply Quote
Chicago
Reply Quote
you should have no problem joining US servers just like me

what is wrong with this -.- wanna try adding each other and joining together??

add me on PSN my nickname or username is PinkAnigav

email is min27241@gmail.com
Edited by SonGayChaos#3654 on 10/2/2013 11:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm having this problem too, friends can't join my party and I get stuck with infinite loading if I try to join theirs or a quick game.

Edit: this happened right after I got the new firmware 4.5 I think and the 1.02 patch. I tried the quick format, followed by the full format with no change. Opened up the required ports in the router, no change. Checked all my internet settings on ps3 which nothing changed from before, it was literally right after updating that this happened. Every other game I have on PS3 works perfectly as well as my xbox games.
Edited by mepeonking#1530 on 10/3/2013 12:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
add me on PSN and let's try connecting to each other
Reply Quote
Same problem. any word on a fix yet? I bought the game to play multiplayer now I cant. Resorted to Perpetuum Online again lol
Reply Quote
3 Troll Rogue
Same problem and no way out of it anything yet?
Reply Quote
3 Troll Rogue
I got it to work, I had to delete all my saved files and the game, redownload it with the patch I selected a new guy and joined right up
Reply Quote
Didn't work for me, I joined a quick game with a new lvl 1 right after I formatted and had the same issue. I have the disc version, not the download version.
Reply Quote
I got it to work, I had to delete all my saved files and the game, redownload it with the patch I selected a new guy and joined right up

So you have to lose all of your character data, or is this just save data?
Edited by JetJaguar#1590 on 10/3/2013 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
3 Troll Rogue
Ok scratch that it let me play a half an hour,froze, and I backed out, won't let me back in.
Reply Quote
Yeah same problem. I also deleted the save files and the game and could not connect.
Reply Quote
7 Night Elf Hunter
I and both my friends have been playing the game together and we have this same problem. Cant join any game- it just loads away. we have to hit the ps3 button and quit the game to get out. I've messed with all the multiplayer settings possible, waited eons on the loading screen and have reloaded the game's utility data twice. nothing has worked. ... and it was working before the patch.

no one seems to have an answer... that's probably why we don't hear anything.

is there a fix?

We're getting angry.

We all live in upstate NY- Albany area.
Edited by Thysta on 10/3/2013 8:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
7 Night Elf Hunter
If we all have to delete our characters over this then we'll probably never play the stupid game again. All told that's be like 150 hours of our lives we lost because of sony's or blizzard's incompetence.

epic fail.
Reply Quote
44 Draenei Warrior
I also asked about this on the PS3 forum since there seems to be a lack of info about it.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/Diablo-1-02-multiplayer-loading-problem/m-p/41763223#U41763223
Reply Quote
It appears some of you are using a router.

Can you plug your PS3 directly into your cable/DSL modem and see if it works?
Reply Quote
44 Draenei Warrior
Did not work.
Reply Quote
10/04/2013 05:03 PMPosted by Rakool
Did not work.

What is you're PSN id? I can try joining you if you let me in the next 20 minutes. I know online works for me.
Edited by Audial#1645 on 10/4/2013 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]