Diablo® III

PS3 Multiplayer infinite loading problem

Who is able to play multiplayer with the router hooked up?
Reply Quote
do i need to become a technician to play online diablo 3? because i pretty much understanhd this:

UPSP: AVAILABLE
NAT TYPE: 2
LOOT: LEGIT

heck i tried everything for real AND i agree, IT'S THE NEW PATCH. cant play online after this. now the question is this: do i play online (pc) or offline? (console) WHY???? i was having fun but now....im alone farming and playing U_u
Reply Quote
The next log in after the latest patch, we weren't able to play multiplayer games anymore. I still am confused with these semi solutions being as I am simply a casual gamer with no prior experience with this technical stuff. I just know it worked before the patch and now it don't. So instead of having us figure it out independently, can't we just have the pros fix everyone's problem with a patch or something? Ill wait no problem. I just don't want to mess something up further trying to fix this on my own. Hell, it took me an hour to sign up to battle.net and even longer to type this. Thank you.
Reply Quote
10/08/2013 08:20 PMPosted by AsianGuy
Who is able to play multiplayer with the router hooked up?

There are a lot of us that can, I play every day just fine.

10/08/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Deciple
yes ps3 ip address is 192.168.2.3 but changes someties to like 4 or 5 depending on how many devices are on the network

How are you properly port forwarding then? If the IP constantly changes then UPnP and port forwarding would not work as the IP keeps changing, I am betting this is a source of some of the problems. Is there a way to disable this and/or set a static IP so the release/renew you see in the logs stops happening?

Can anyone else that has a Belkin router check their logs and see if they see the same thing and/or has any other Belkin user tried giving the PS3 a static IP and can confirm it does not change?

10/08/2013 11:11 PMPosted by snb22core
heck i tried everything for real AND i agree, IT'S THE NEW PATCH

What type of router do you have?

10/09/2013 03:46 AMPosted by Hurm
I just know it worked before the patch and now it don't.

While logic would seem to dictate that the patch is the problem that is not always the case. It may have contributed but it may not be the root cause. So far, all of the problems seem to be with the Belkin line of routers. With the logs Desciple posted I can see why it would happen, its constantly releasing and renewing the IP.

This is not to say the patch ISNT the true cause but simply blaming it without doing due diligence is not a good way to get a fix. As suggested by the Blue, start posting some details so we can get an idea of who is having a problem, it will help get it quicker than simply blaming the patch.
Reply Quote
i actually tried setting a static ip adress on the ps3..but when i went into the router and checked the DHCP list it didnt show my ps3 even connected to the network..but on my ps3 i was connected lol..so i have no idea
Reply Quote
10/09/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Deciple
i actually tried setting a static ip adress on the ps3..but when i went into the router and checked the DHCP list it didnt show my ps3 even connected to the network..but on my ps3 i was connected lol..so i have no idea

Would be awesome if you had the ability to get a hold of another router, anything except for the Belkin you have, to see if it works.

What you are providing in these posts indicate your router is not doing what it is supposed to be doing. No idea why/how the patch could impact that though if the router was working the way it should the patch shouldn't have mattered.
Reply Quote
its weird man i have no idea..worked fine before patch..and yesterday i changed the channel to 6 and it worked..but took out mic lol i should have just left it alone but i tried fixing mic and it ended up putting me back in the same boat as before..now i cant get anything to work..gonna buy a router next week, just wish i could get this one to work like it was before
Reply Quote
Router Model: Linksyst WRT54G v8
Router Firmware: v8.00.8 build 001, Oct. 5, 2009
Static IP's
UPnP on
Ports: 3478. 3479, 3658, 5223 forwarded to PS3.
Internet Service Provider: Mediacom
Diablo version: PS3 PSN version 1.0.2
Status (Can or Cannot Play Multiplayer): Can
Reply Quote
This fix is easy for some of you people out there, but for us who don't know how to mess with all that port forwarding, static ip address, or whatever else stuff, it is frustrating. All I know is that the game was fine. Then here comes the patch and "bam", no more online. MAYBE it is our routers, but like I said before, we're not all IT techs. Blizzard should of made sure that the patch was gonna be compatible with all routers. I'm not gonna buy a new router just so I can play D3.
Reply Quote
i set the static address in my ps3, i know only that my router is something like "arres"
like we said before: we can play all other games online but this.

I bored of the single player already, cant solve the problem and it seems that there is no answer for now, so once again, goodbye diablo 3.
Reply Quote
It seems that only Belkin Wireless Router users are the only ones that can't play online. Mine was working perfectly fine before the patch, does this mean that I have to buy a new router just to play online? I think I've spent enough money buying this game, hell I don't usually pay over 30$ for a game. Please do something about this.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Correction, problems on his end.
Edited by Ulubai#1353 on 10/13/2013 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have just updated my internet service, which included a new modem with a built in router. This change to a different router solved the problem. So the problem is an interaction between the game and the Belkin router. I wish I had something useful to help those who can't afford a different router.
Reply Quote
So you're saying that its the Belkin routers. But the router worked fined before the patch. I really don't want to buy another router because this one is fairly new. It does look like everyone with a Belkin router is having this problem. Who is not using a Belkin and are also experiencing this issue? Maybe we can narrow it down to just the Belkin router users.
Reply Quote
10/09/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Deciple
i actually tried setting a static ip adress on the ps3..but when i went into the router and checked the DHCP list it didnt show my ps3 even connected to the network

Of course the DHCP list didn't show it, because the PS3 didn't have to DHCP itself an IP, you set a static IP address for it.
Reply Quote
10/09/2013 08:48 AMPosted by Audial
With the logs Desciple posted I can see why it would happen, its constantly releasing and renewing the IP.

How do you get to that conclusion? He said it changes sometimes, not "constantly".
By sometimes, I'd assume that he turns on the PS3 Monday, it has x.x.x.1. Goes to bed, comes back on Tuesday, fires up his iPod and PC and now his PS3 gets x.x.x.4 or so, since some other devices were on the network first.
Reply Quote
With the logs Desciple posted I can see why it would happen, its constantly releasing and renewing the IP.

How do you get to that conclusion?

Based on the logs he provided and the statement he made saying the IP is his PS3. Look at the time stamps and the "RELEASE IP..." message. That is his PS3 losing connection:

Oct/8/2013 06:10:33 00:24:8d:ba:18:23(Host1) release IP 192.168.2.3
Oct/8/2013 06:12:04 00:24:8d:ba:18:23(Host2) release IP 192.168.2.3
Oct/8/2013 06:12:49 00:24:8d:ba:18:23(Host3) release IP 192.168.2.3
Oct/8/2013 06:14:23 00:24:8d:ba:18:23(Host4) release IP 192.168.2.3
Oct/8/2013 06:38:19 00:24:8d:ba:18:23(Host5) release IP 192.168.2.3
Oct/8/2013 07:35:50 00:24:8d:ba:18:23(unknown) release IP 192.168.2.3
Oct/8/2013 07:36:49 00:24:8d:ba:18:23(Host7) release IP 192.168.2.3
Oct/8/2013 07:37:24 00:24:8d:ba:18:23(Host8) release IP 192.168.2.3

8 times inside of an hour and a half AND its to the same IP? I'd say that is constantly. There shouldn't be a reason for this to occur other than if the lease is set to something ridiculously low?

Granted I am just a software tech and not a network tech, though I am not aware of any situation were something like this would be considered normal.
Edited by Audial#1645 on 10/15/2013 7:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Logs snipped

Could be that the forum is doing something funny in my browser, but those logs appear to be from someone that isn't Deciple. The guy that posted his logs, sure, that's some dodgy behaviour.
Reply Quote
10/15/2013 07:49 AMPosted by phyber
those logs appear to be from someone that isn't Deciple

Ah I see it now.

Maybe a different character on the same user profile? A WoW char posted the logs, I asked about the IP, Deciple responded to the IP question. I guess I just assumed they were the same person.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]