Diablo® III

Legacy Nat's Set Viable After Expansion?

10/07/2013 09:01 PMPosted by RageSmash
Is it confirmed that the mystic can reroll stats on non-loot 2.0 items, or even legacy pieces?

The only confirmed pieces so far that can't be Rerolled are crafted gear of all types.
Reply Quote
depends how you measure viable?

face roll mp 10? well barbs are the only true face rollers. as @oscar, (i think?) is the one who made the video proving this. this will change.

can you survive mp10 with legacy nats? yes. a good player can survive with any gear. viable does not mean godly or fastest clear times. it means passable, doable, able to achieve with. anything is viable. if someone wants to crawl thru mp10 thats viable with the weaker gear they want to use making it viable lol. softcore shouldn't even think about viable. our characters respawn! is l4n endgame? depends on the user and his/her goals.

thats where this whole conversation is kind of broken. change topic to - will nats legacy still be fun and provide speed farming? or will I still have insane disc regen from the set? well yes to the regen unless blizz jus outright changes the set.. which i don't think they're doing. will l4n still have a niche market? yes.

hopefully those people in their "junk" sets get to reroll a stat and create some interesting personal gear. I'm sure they're having great fun running in the junk gear using plenty of disc level grinding to their hearts content! good for them!

Yeah, when I said 'viable', I mean fun and fluid gameplay. Not taking 2 and half minutes to kill elites and dying a lot.

After reading the replies on this thread, I guess L4N could still be viable supported by very good gear. Hopefully Blizzard doesn't create level 70 newer Nats set with double discipline regen.
Reply Quote
Actually if you read the datamined strings about the mystic, particularly:

ItemCannotBeEnchantedNoRandomAffixes - The mystic cannot enchant that item because it has no random affixes.

It seems to imply the mystic might only be able to reroll random affixes. If thats the case then the best course of action is to buy a garbage L4N set to reroll.

Nat's Soul - Buy the cheapest you can find since it only has one random affix and you'll reroll it

Nat's Shadow - Same as boots, only one random affix so buy the cheapest you can find with the skill bonus you want

Nat's Gaze - Socket + one garbage roll

Nat's Mark - The only piece you may need to spend a decent chunk of gold on.

Hmm....

The question is... what is the definition of random?

For example, when checking under current Nat's Cloak:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/natalyas-embrace

There are '+2 Random Magic Properties', so is this what is referred to??

Or, is does it include the other stats as well, they might be defined but it's still random in what you roll (90-100 Dex, 10-12% Life, 6 different skill bonuses)...

I'm thinking the former, which means current SoJs won't be able to be rerolled either if that were to be true...

Silver
Edited by Silver#6986 on 10/8/2013 1:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The way I see this situation is: Cost vs Benefit.

Out of the 13 item slots, 4 slots are required (Helm, Cloak, Ring, Boots to be specific) for L4N disc regen and if RoS brings game changing items that come in conflict with ANY of these slots by a considerable margin, we (L4N users) are basically screwed.

You want to play 0 Hatred Strafe build? If that property is fixated on a cloak, no L4N for you. What if the 20% more dmg while moving property is fixated on boots? (very likely to be imo). Will you give up L4N for 20% more dmg or stick with spamming SP Nightbane for CotW's 20% extra dmg? Again: Cost vs Benefit. L4N users can only pray and hope these properties come in a different slot that the ones I listed above.
Edited by Phantom#1322 on 10/8/2013 2:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
if you are leveling to 70 why the heck would you even need L4N when you will most likely do DPS that renders the effects of L4N obsolete?

I have one of the better L4N sets you can put together and I love messing around with it BUT I am not going to be delusional and hope that a set as outdated as L4N will be worth using 10 levels later.
Reply Quote
View profile
There are '+2 Random Magic Properties', so is this what is referred to??

"random" properties should be those you find on "rare" item

so if the item comes with str, dex, int, vit as one roll *(blackthrone) you can't re-roll that.
Class affix (skill bonus), etc. will not be random affix. SO you can't re-roll them.

from the datamined, I can tell you this

if you have dex on your item as an random affix, if you want to increase that number you must re-roll your dex and not anything else. If you have dex already on that item and you re-roll another affix you will not get dex in the end.
Reply Quote
10/08/2013 10:45 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
if you have dex on your item as an random affix, if you want to increase that number you must re-roll your dex and not anything else. If you have dex already on that item and you re-roll another affix you will not get dex in the end.

We obviously can't roll the same affix twice but from the datamined info we can reroll affixes to try and get higher values.

EnchantImproveWarning - Do you want to enchant this item again to attempt to get a higher value?
EnchantMaxLevelWarning - You cannot improve this enchantment any more. Are you sure you want to enchant anyway?
ImproveEnchantment - Improve Enchantment
ImproveEnchantmentCost - Improve Enchantment: {s1}
ImproveEnchantmentSuccess - Improve Enchantment Succeeded!
ImproveEnchantmentFailure - Improve Enchantment Failed!
Edited by OhHellzNo#1945 on 10/8/2013 11:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmm... I wonder how cheap sh!tty L4Ns are going for on the AH currently...

Silver

The socketed helms on AH are really sh!tty now but very expensive.

Can't the mystic enchant a socket into a non-socket helm?
Reply Quote
View profile
The level 70 gear will make legacy nats looks so bad next to it, no amount of disc regen is worth it.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/10/2013 11:37 PMPosted by BurningJC007
The level 70 gear will make legacy nats looks so bad next to it, no amount of disc regen is worth it.

Yup I would be stunned if anything I have will still be decent a few weeks after RoS launches.
Reply Quote
Now that RoS is out (& now that it's confirmed that none of the former legendary or set items pre-loot 2.0 can be enchanted or upgraded via the Mystic), just wondering if anyone (especially the OP) has changed their tune as to the viability of the Legacy Nats set.

I myself just switched my new Nats gear out to my old legacy Nats set to see how well I'd survive... & the answer so far is I'm dying just as frequently in both sets...! :-0 Need to upgrade my weapon & other armor slots, I suppose, to compensate...

(Apologies for bumping an old thread. After switching out my Nats gear, I was later doing a search on Google to see if there were any discussions on its viability in RoS & stumbled upon this thread...)
Edited by eastdragon#1557 on 3/27/2014 6:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]