Diablo® III

Woah guys...LoH is awesome!

View profile
Atm trying out LoH w/ cluster grenades and bleed for aggro, and it rocks!

This might be my best nyan setup at the moment for farming

<(^^<)
Reply Quote
Once upon a time, I would not even consider a ring, amulet or weapon that did not roll LoH. Before I discovered muy damage + Life Steal-- I had LoH always above 1200 and sometimes higher than 2K. At those levels, Shadow Power is most definitely not required. This was, ofc, in the glory days of Jagged Spikes-- where LoH was bonkers insane.

I have already been toying around with various non-SP configurations with LoH. The following skills proc LoH well in packed MP densities:
* Chain of Torment
* Spike Traps
* Cluster Grenades (also gas)
* Choking Gas (very high)
* Trail of Cinders

Also, once reaching the high LoH amounts, even strafe and rapid fire produce acceptable returns on LoH. For LOLs, I jacked up my LoH to >3K (dual wielding socketed purple + LoH and it is... very effective. DPS suffers though!
Reply Quote
What is LoH????

:)
Reply Quote
What is LoH????

Life on Hit

I remember back in the day when Life on hit was AWESOME to have on any weapon.
Edited by MissyChrissy#1646 on 10/8/2013 9:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I was kidding......lol

I use 1900 LoH with my build.....

Reply Quote
Nice Pat. Any suggestions for LOH build? I suppose grenades and shuriken are useful, and chain of torment, echoing blast. Will there be a problem with a single yellow/blue left and how much LOH is minimal?

How about combining LOH with LS on the bow? I really don't like spamming Gloom all the time.
Reply Quote
@rahl

1- Hatred generator (Cinder or Bola or Grenade)
2- Mark for Death/Mortal ennemy
3- Shuriken
4- Vault/ToC
5- Spike Trap/Echoing Blast
6- Sentry/CoT

Passive: Custom Eng., Perfectionist and Archery (Numbing trap is not bad too)

It's a tank build without Shadow Power or Smoke Screen.

I use 1900 LoH and 3% LS on bow.

For this build, you need arround 1500 LoH and some LS or 2000+ LoH. You need good eHP too...

The best weapon is a Manti 1 socket, Dext, +45+% dmg, CD and LS but rare bow are really good too (...but not easy to find...)

For Hatred generator, I use HA/Cinder Arrow because proc coef = 1.3. Each arrow give me approx 2500 life. Grenade and Bola are good too (...or Entangling/Shock Collar, proc coef of 1.6)

Chain of Torment is really good for Hatred regen with Mark for Death/Mortal ennemy. Always Mark a monster hit by CoT. More Hatred = More Spike Traps! You need Vault/ToC for positionning (...and ToC is good with LoH).

It's really hard to get high DPS with this build because you need a lot of LoH. I play with only 275K DPS, but a lot of skill deal damage simultaneously (Shuriken, CoT, Spike Traps, ToC...) I can play MP10 without any problem.

How to play the build:
Shuriken. Then Drop 1-2 Spike Trap, drop CoT, Vault in the middle of a pack, Mark for Death/ME on a monster hit by CoT, Drop as many Spike Trap as you can and shoot few Arrow/Bola/Grenade.... after 8 sec, Vault out, drop a second CoT and Vault back in the pack. Shoot few arrow for more Hatred and drop more Spike Trap. Don't forget to Mark/ME a monster hit by your CoT.

If you don't have enough LoH and LS and want to use Gloom, try Grenade/Cluster Grenade (really good with Night Stalker for disc regen) and you really should use Mark for Death/Mortal ennemy instead of the Bat. Mortal ennemy will give you a lot more Hatred with CoT and more damage.

If you want to see my build in action, add me and we will kill some demons!

sorry for my bad english....
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm actually gonna do LoH in my main farming build. It really works well w/ what I do.

PaT come online!
Reply Quote
I'm at work. See you later Nyan!
Reply Quote
D: paragon 274 Demon Hunter wow.
Reply Quote
@rahl

3- Shuriken
4- Vault/ToC
6- Sentry/CoT

Thanks Pat for this! Requirements seem high but seems a nice challenge.

No problem getting life back when there is 1 mob left and you have arcane, plague, fire around?
Reply Quote
@rahl

3- Shuriken
4- Vault/ToC
6- Sentry/CoT

Thanks Pat for this! Requirements seem high but seems a nice challenge.

No problem getting life back when there is 1 mob left and you have arcane, plague, fire around?

Quick calc of Life/Sec with 1900 LoH that PaT is using, using proc/second from ZzEzZ's spreadsheet:
1- Hatred generator (assume Bola at 2 APS): 0.5*2*1900 = 1900
3- Shuriken (assume sticking to the mob in melee range): 0.25*1900 = 475
4- Vault/ToC (assume keeping 1 ToC under the mob): 2*1900 = 3800
5- Spike Trap/Echoing Blast (assume keeping 1 EB under the mob at all times because freaking mob keeps moving around): 0.167*1900 = 317
6- Sentry/CoT (assume keeping 1 CoT between you and said mob): 2.25*1900 = 4275

Sum it all up = 10767 life/second just from LoH, not including PaT's 3% LS. If you can get 2 CoT up, that becomes 15k life/second from a single mob.
In comparison: spamming bola:ID at 2.78 APS with SP:Gloom at my 200k DPS is 17k life/second, and ST:EB is about 7k a pop assuming just 1 trap under the elite that keeps kiting.
So, it looks absolutely viable, you just need a bit more work to set up some high tick and proc skills for LoH, whereas with SP you just sit back and shoot + recast gloom every 5 seconds. The former sounds more fun though and now I'm tempted to make a LoH no-SP build too.
Reply Quote
To all LOH lovers, face the fact. Putting Nyan swapping aside, LOH = LOL atm especially for the DH who is already weak. You need ultra high AS and mitigation. Resulting factor will be low DPS output. Try it without LS and Gloom for the best result.

LOH is not viable until Blizz revamp the system.

BTW, check out my barb's weapons set up for A1 crypt preparation.
Reply Quote
To all LOH lovers, face the fact. Putting Nyan swapping aside, LOH = LOL atm especially for the DH who is already weak. You need ultra high AS and mitigation. Resulting factor will be low DPS output. Try it without LS and Gloom for the best result.

HAHA!

Your Barb's life pool is off the charts!! :-P

Silver
Reply Quote
I am more interest on hows Nyan use Bleed for aggro.

Edit: Found it on Nyan's MP10 farm thread
Edited by vaansteer#6919 on 10/9/2013 9:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote

haha ur barb looks like a pk'er
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]