Diablo® III

[PS3] bugs/features/performance list 1.0.2

• FPS drops in the Arreat Crater levels and Rakkis Crossing.
  • Missing sound effects (no sound effect with item drop occurs frequently for example)
  • Missing skill effects (Probably Blizzard's way of improving performance)
  • Missing fourth monster trait in Inferno (Again, probably Blizzard's way of improving performance.
  • Hell items from ilvl 50 to ilvl 57 still dropping in Inferno. (very few inferno crafting materials vs. lots of tomes of secret)
  • White items being converted to gold. (Please stop doing that, it looks stupid when weapon/armor racks drop gold.)
  • Leoric's Gauntles random skeleton spawn still not fixed (fail! It's a promotional item that's not working as advertised Blizzard!)
  • Gold find and magic find bonuses for coop play are lost when transitioning to another act. (Only fixed by the player rejoining. Don't know if this also happens with online play. I found this out while playing two player coop. I don't know if it happens with more coop players.)
  • When you create a new character in local coop and P1 already started the game, the newly created character gets the pre-order items but not the promotional items. (Only PS3 owners are affected by this.)
  • Mara's Kaleidoscope does not get three random affixes

The Xbox version performs better than the PS3 version. It can be time consuming to develop for the PS3, but in the end it is capable of more than the Xbox 360. Did you optimize all you can? Did you explore and use all the features the PS3 has to offer to help doing this? You optimized all right. Dumping sound and skill effects in the area's I mentioned. Why did you release this on the PS3 now? Why not wait for the PS4? Are we beta testers again?

Try running a tempest monk through those area's and you'll notice the freezes when its loading assets, the FPS drops and delayed sounds, missing sound effects. The missing sound effect on item drops probably is due to optimization again. The monk's sweeping wind skill effect simply is simply not shown in area's with a lot of mobs and effects. It clearly shows that the PS3 is having a really hard time to keep it at least playable.

Why are we still getting hell items from ilvl 50 - 57 in Inferno difficulty? While tomes of secret, demonic essences are plentiful, other crafting materials are scarce. This was long fixed on the PC version. How was this missed during development?

I'm using the digital version from the PSN network. I imagine asset loading will be even worse with the disc version. Resulting in sound stuttering, not playing and even more and longer freezes. Blizzard are you aware of the issues mentioned and what will you do with them?

To people reading this, Please confirm bugs/features/performance issues mentioned, if you want to see those changed. Furthermore feel free to post more issues so I can add them.
Edited by Pr1m3v1l#2866 on 10/20/2013 6:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Why bore us with two difficulty modes that are basically the same? With items you find from hell difficulty, Inferno is basically a joke on easy/medium/hard. Not looking at penalties to life steal etc., monsters in Hell and Inferno both have three monster traits. To me Inferno is just not Inferno anymore. The four monsters traits do matter. Sound effects not playing. Sound effects distorted. At some times sounds playing slowed down. Small freezes due to resource loading. The noticeable FPS drops in crowded area's. To me optimizing is not removing effects, but trying to squeeze every bit of power out of a console. Is this seriously the best you can do? We PS3 owners are getting what we've been getting since PS3 launch, that being bad ports for the majority.

Imbalance in item drops in Inferno. Why do you think it's a good idea to drop low tier hell items in Inferno for the majority? You thought thumb numbness was a good idea? Weapon/armor racks that drop gold. This seems to happen a lot in Act 1. I'm guessing white items get converted to gold. I expect a weapon from a weapon rack and a piece of armor from an armor rack. Leoric's Gauntlets skeleton proc still not working or is the proc chance 1/1000000? Been posted numerous times as well. Some feedback on that would be nice.

Do owners of the console version not deserve to know what issues are acknowledged and what's going to be fixed with future patches?
Reply Quote
10/05/2013 06:30 AMPosted by Pr1m3v1l
Missing fourth monster trait in Inferno (Again, probably Blizzard's way of improving performance.

This is as designed. Not a bug.

(very few inferno crafting materials vs. lots of tomes of secret)

This is irritating.
Reply Quote
And updated the list with the Mara amulet. Do your development teams communicate with each other? This was already patched on the PC version before the console versions came out. Just like low tier hell item drops were removed. Those are still in the console too. Didn't you say that the console version had all the content up until patch 1.0.7? You somehow forgot to included the changes in patch 1.0.5? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7528695#items
What do you know. The square, low tier hell item drops and the amulet are all fixed in that patch. And you only fixed the square gem drops in Inferno with the latest patch.
What's up with the incompetence here Blizzard?

Can we expect you to at least acknowledge these bugs exist? Are they going to get fixed. What about the features I mentioned? Can you at least explain why you removed a monster trait in Inferno? Why release this version on the consoles when it's clear you can't deliver the full content? Lower monster density, removing monster traits, skill- and sound effects. Is this your idea of optimizing? Care to explain why the PS3 owners got a !@#$ty port again? Can you explain the dropped sounds, that are most noticeable with item drops? Why is the thread of known issues not updated?
Edited by Pr1m3v1l#2866 on 10/20/2013 7:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hell items from ilvl 50 to ilvl 57 still dropping in Inferno. (very few inferno crafting materials vs. lots of tomes of secret)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
How about the fix to - Min +Max to weapons , all my weapons are backwards .
Reply Quote
Excluding the sound effects (I play with my tunes on) I've noticed all of these same issues.

+1 OP

The lazy performance fixes aside. What's the excuse for the missing patches? Oh! It's starting to look like the same issue all around... what ever happened to taking pride in your work?

I love the game, but the obvious self inflicted flaws are hard to swallow, especially considering the amount of time that this title was in development, not to mention the year that myself and many others spent beta testing for you on the PC.
Reply Quote
Still no confirmation on acknowledged bugs and still no updates in the known bugs thread. Done milking the cow Blizzard? I'm done with your "we don't give a !@#$" attitude. Before launch your "community managers" were all over the console sections of these forums and now they're abandoned. Coincidence? I don't think so. How about you give some damn support to the console buyers.

It's simply laughable that you can't get something as simple as a proc on a promotional item right. People already got a skinned down version of Diablo 3 on the consoles. What's even worse is that the PS3 has more performance problems than the Xbox 360. To add injury to insult you also ignore and piss on your console buyers by not letting them know weather ROS will come to the PS3/Xbox 360.

I wouldn't be surprised if part of the deal with Sony is that ROS will only come to the PS4. Great way to treat loyal supporters of your products. People will only take as much Blizzard.
Reply Quote
- Missing sound effects (no sound effect with item drop occurs frequently for example)

-Missing skill effects (Probably Blizzard's way of improving performance)

Unacceptable, Still don't give a f___k about those awful problems i see. I have already sell my ps3 copy last month due to this.

Lazyness continues even on console version, gratz blizz, gratz..... -__-

Separate teams......bwahahahah i never believed to this fable.
Edited by StIwY#2595 on 12/3/2013 6:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm wearing Leoric's Gauntlets and got a Skeleton summoned that helped me out...pretty sure I have no other gear on that summons anything...
Reply Quote
12/12/2013 03:10 AMPosted by homerjnick
I'm wearing Leoric's Gauntlets and got a Skeleton summoned that helped me out...pretty sure I have no other gear on that summons anything...

Well that's interesting. I've never gotten a spawn when wearing them. Can you give some more detailed information?

What character class?
What other items are you using?
How often does the skeleton proc and what causes it to proc? Does it proc on certain skill usage or only melee attacks?
Are you using the PS3 or Xbox version?
Edited by Pr1m3v1l#2866 on 12/12/2013 5:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
Proofs or it didn't happen. A picture, if possible.
Reply Quote

Well that's interesting. I've never gotten a spawn when wearing them. Can you give some more detailed information?

What character class?
What other items are you using?
How often does the skeleton proc and what causes it to proc? Does it proc on certain skill usage or only melee attacks?
Are you using the PS3 or Xbox version?

Sorry I never took proof at the time and it has only occurred once...it also happened just after I was able to equip the Gauntlets but now I do not wear them.

I run the PS3 version from disc, I am a Wizard, I had no other items that spawned a familiar and it only occurred once but it was visible...it was a skeleton who appeared right next to me and aided me in fighting enemies.

I was using Magic Missile at the time...and it was on my second playthrough on Nightmare.
Edited by homerjnick#2794 on 12/19/2013 2:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
Blizzard, can you support your game on the consoles please? As of patch 1.0.3 in the PC version, the Morlu Incinerator can't spawn with Fire Chains. Care to explain why I encountered a champion pack of them with Fire Chains, Desecrator and Arcane Enchanted on Inferno Master III? What about the console version has all the changes the PC has up until patch 1.0.8? Can you show more incompetence Blizzard?

ACKNOWLEDGE !@#$ING BUGS AND !@#$ING MISSING CHANGES FROM PATCHES IN YOUR %^-*ING GAME AND STOP IGNORING THE CONSOLE PLAYING PART OF THE COMMUNITY!
Edited by Pr1m3v1l#2866 on 12/20/2013 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
Considering there is a cost involved in submitting patches to Sony/MS I suspect they will not patch till after RoS is out...
Reply Quote
12/21/2013 02:40 PMPosted by homerjnick
Considering there is a cost involved in submitting patches to Sony/MS I suspect they will not patch till after RoS is out...

They are totally ignoring the current console versions because of development going on for the PS4. Xbox 360 and PS3 owners are glorified beta testers again. Not one !@#$ing comment on reported bugs, missing changes from patches and weather they will be addressed in the future. That is what I find despicable. I'm not asking to fix it this week or month. I'm asking for Blizzard to take responsibility for their %^-* ups.

The console is missing quite a few changes that were already changed in the PC version. How they were able to !@#$ this up is beyond me.
Reply Quote
[quote="109709601191"]The console is missing quite a few changes that were already changed in the PC version. How they were able to !@#$ this up is beyond me.

And as I say they probably will come to current gens in a form of a patch but not till after RoS...

But you are right it is communication we need...
Reply Quote
Why are we being ignored. Acknowledge issues and make a statement in what, if any of them, get fixed. Stop treating your customers like crap. Communicate please. Thanks!
Reply Quote
they dont patch anything.....my barbarian gets stuck while whirlwinding and i cant move but yet the game continues to play on around my character. My health bar will sit at no health and I wont die. what a stupid bug that has not been fixed for the console. My patience with blizzard is getting thin.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]