Diablo® III

Rate the Monk Above You- Version Last Empire!

Oh! My bad! I did'nt understand that, I'll do it with pleasure.

Starwulf, you're monk build/gear is interesting! I would not say I'm a beginner in that but I'm not a pro too so I will say that you're cold resist with OWE is interesting for your AR.

You have a really nice dps/hp on paper, idk how it is in real but thumbs up for that. I don't why you're using serenity, maybe for molten, plague or a lack of life steal % ? Otherwise I like your build, looking nearly like mine instead that I can play without owe, different synergy.

Btw I love your gloves!

I would say a nice 8/10 but 9/10 would be a worth score if I knew more about you gameplay and serenity use.

ManUnited, You're above my comment! So I'll comment your monk. You already know it, I like your build and I'm using it to improve mine, and your advices are godlike man. 9/10 without a doubt if not 10/10 but I stay on my 9/10 because otherwise you would be the best monk in D3 XD ty again for everything.
jipi1472 #1216
7/10
My suggestions
-Get more dex and it will help on your armor too
-Get more attack speed it can bring you wonders
-Play a bit more before you make any big investment >;) Cheers!

@mitacheto #2798
Thank you for rating me >;)
Edited by BONEYARD#1410 on 10/25/2013 3:49 AM PDT
#boneyard, I take it that you use Wusong with main gear. I like how you balanced her , pretty decent stats. Good job on gathering all the fire res...kinda hard to find. Nice dmg output. 9/10 coz there is always place for improvement as you progress.
View profile
@mitcheta

Solid build. Excellent mitigation and plenty of sustain, dual LS, LOH and LpS. Enough DPS to MP10 solo as well as Ubers.

9.3/10

Cheers,
CC-
@CaptainCarl

9.9/10
Really cool. You are one of monks whose profiles i regularly visit :)
But wish you had more dex and 1/12 for hp/ehp.

---
my main char: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/seege-2321/hero/18159112
my twink char: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/seege-2321/hero/18615990
Edited by seege#2321 on 10/26/2013 2:10 PM PDT
View profile
@seege

Haha I tend to take a gander at your profile from across the pond as well! Watching your DPS steadily increase...385k now madness with all that eHP to boot.

I switched up my build a bit and added about 400-500 Dex and my eHP is now around 1/11 I believe. I'll run this way for the time being :D

Cheers,
CC-

NOTE: Rate seege above me you will clearly see that his monk is a 10/10.
View profile
@seege

Very gg monk you have there my only suggestion would be to roll a nice ammy which I am sure your trying. 9/10 cause there's always room for improvement.
@Blademaster

I have to give props to you for going with Shenlongs. As an added bonus, you have a couple of items that you don't normally see in GG monks, yet you clearly have a good balance of DPS and EHP. I'm a big fan of having some novelty in a build, and if you can make it work then it becomes that much more special in my eyes.

9/10 for a solid and fairly unique build. Just as you told Seege, there is always room for improvement. ; )

CC has you beat on DPS, but you have him beat on EHP. : )
Nice balanced monk there, Treleth.
How does Cyclone Strike/Soothing Breeze work for you? I like the idea of the constant 20% extra dps you give allies, never thought of using it myself since I like the extra vacuum range. The 5 secs in 15 I give with BoH doesn't seem enough but I can't see where else I can get a quick Spirit refill. Any ideas would be welcome.
Thanks
Really nice gear there Pathy, I'm especially impressed by the damage on your offhand axe, how many tries did it take till you crafted it? How is the blackthrone's chest and pants go for you? Are you finding them better than the Inna's set? I think you could craft a bit better shoulders if you gave it a try, might take a while but you will get one. You have plenty of DPS, if you're looking for extra spirit perhaps consider swapping out MoC for MoH - Circular Breathing for a little extra spirit regen.

Any ideas for my character would be appreciated.
^^^
maybe change rune to quickening for some spirit regen. the only thing i would change is a better witching hour. sacrifice some hp for more damage possibly.
other than that fairly solid i think
@SJ, hit points a little on the low side and I would work at upgrading your gems. Other than that, solid mid-tier Monk. 7/10

Please rate my 100K gold monk.

Spear-chucker
Edited by Spearchucker#1994 on 10/27/2013 1:51 PM PDT
Whoever posts next, rate Spear-chucker's 100K gold TR monk. : )

Nice balanced monk there, Treleth.
How does Cyclone Strike/Soothing Breeze work for you? I like the idea of the constant 20% extra dps you give allies, never thought of using it myself since I like the extra vacuum range. The 5 secs in 15 I give with BoH doesn't seem enough but I can't see where else I can get a quick Spirit refill. Any ideas would be welcome.
Thanks

Thanks Pathy! I have to admit, you have some impressive EHP to go with your DPS!

Soothing Breeze works great for me, and I don't really miss the extra pull distance. As an added bonus, the heal radius (and therefore the Guiding Light buff radius) is double that of BoH. MoH has them both beat with its 40 yard heal radius, though.

If you decide to give Soothing Breeze a try, you could try replacing Exalted Soul with Combination Strike and boost your spirit regen by replacing BoH with FoT: Quickening. You would be able to generate spirit quickly and take advantage of a 16% DPS buff at the same time, all while still providing the additional 20% buff to yourself and your teammates. : )
Edited by Treleth#1141 on 10/27/2013 11:45 AM PDT
i like build , 8/10
@Stone

Good hp and decent dps, but your AR and armor are not really good. If you want better sustainable, your AR and armor should get over 550 and 5k respectively. However, your gears still have many rooms to improve. (8/10)
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 10/29/2013 12:16 AM PDT
Well I think you have a pretty well balanced monk, 9/10
@Chim
equip your rings before you'll be rated! lol
2/10 reason: no rings
10/10

Good looking monk. Ugly spec IMO. I prefer guiding light and don't really see how exalted soul is useful. You can only spend as much spirit as you regen and I spend it just as fast as I get it...

Rate my hardcore and softcore monk
@JWNZ,
if you notice, it's FoF+IFL, that's why the ES is quite helpful in this case. ^.^

skip me, dont need to rate me
@deathroyalty

No one else posted so ur getting rated lol. I'm fairly new to the monk so my rating could be off but. Ur monk looks hella good. Real nice ar, high hp gg dps. So is have to say ur a

9.7/10

Is straight up 10s possible cuz if so then u prob deserve that lol.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]