Diablo® III

Rate the Monk Above You- Version Last Empire!

@spear-chucker

I'm relatively new to monks here so take what I'm about to say with a pinch of salt.

8/10 for gearing on a budget, though personally I'm inclined to think that your budget build would feel too sluggish to me :(

New monk here open to advice :)
Edited by Adler#1867 on 10/14/2013 5:22 AM PDT
@Adler

WOooh!! that's a very nice monk!!
First thing first, personally i don't condemn OWE, cause it was a "monk's special trait upon launch"
2ndly, if you're a new monk as you mentioned, I would say you definite did well to bring till your current state.
I would suggest you to boost abit more on your hp, you'll have problem with charge or molten+poison. You can try to get them on your ring, you do a slight trade off with either one with AR, so you'll still be above 500 AR.

Aside, for your passive, you need not use Fleeting foot due to current mass density, so you can perhaps use it for exalted soul, beacon of ytar or even near death experience.
if you happen to use exalted soul, you can forgo EP: SS, change it to EP: Flesh is weak.

Then you can consider dashing strike with Quicksilver, it'll help you to plant more EP.

Last but not least, you can consider Blinding Flash: Faith in the Light instead of BoH. the 3 sec blinding and increase in dps helps you alot.

I understand the BoH, but the very reason is also since you gotten 2x 3% LS on weapon with 270k dps, you should have enough sustainability.

So, it's mainly just skill building. For gears, unless you decide to take off OWE, depending on your budget, you can try Nirvana, no doubt it has higher gear requirement, but it's currently 1 of the more notable build for effective solo farm, even parties as well if you knows how to use cyclone.
@deathroyalty

man among boys nuff said! 9.8/10
@nhey - Really? Named after an LoL character? Just kidding, nice. I'm not entirely sure what's good for a monk but it looks nice. 9/10
@Death

Looks good, I'd say Elemental resistance and vitality should be a little higher, but then again, I just dinged 60 and have little Inferno experience.

If you all could take a look at my build/gear and give me some pointers, I'd appreciate it.
@ MrKaleo, decent but I would definitely be looking for more places to stack some fire res to make One With Everything worth using. Look to add it to your belt, bracers shoulders and maybe even boots instead of PU radius there. Also getting a better main hand axe with crit socket dex and LS will bump your DPS a good amount.

Your build leaves me a bit puzzled too. Combination Strike passive and you are only using one spirit generator? That's a waste of a passive and can be better used on something like Pacifism, Exalted Soul or Resolve. And no way to break Jailer or mobility skill must be a very frustrating way to play. I woudl drop Blinding Flash for Serenity or Dashing Strike to make your life a bit easier. Exploding Palm is great for running in groups, not so great for running solo unless you play very low MP. Try substituting that for Wave of Light to have a real damage dealer in your build.

6.5/10

Thanks for opening my eyes to some of my flaws and like I stated before in my previous post, I'm not entirely sure how to build a monk that great. I've been looking for new weapons to put on but they're so expensive and I have about 10m gold to my account. I haven't ran into a good weapon either while farming/leveling which is also a downer.
Edited by MrKaleo#1371 on 10/15/2013 1:29 PM PDT
View profile
@Vark

Your build is reminiscent of an older build I used to use with LOH on my EF, BT pants and amulet for more LOH. At your DPS level it is the wise choice to run that but once you start to obtain more powerful stats LS is the way to go. However, with the upcoming tentative nerf to LS perhaps you can build upon your current sustain strategy and work in other forms of sustain like a bit of LpSS which see a small amount on your helm and set bonus for Innas. Build upon that and a bit more LOH and you will do just fine progressing.

7.8/10 Solid start, onwards and upwards

Cheers,
CC-
1/10. just kidding :) . I'm new to the monk world. C'mon CaptainCarl your build is insane brother. easy 10/10. Please don't view my monk. she is an uber noob compared to your monk. very discouraging. :)
Edited by RiZzoy#1855 on 10/15/2013 5:16 PM PDT
@RiZ, love to see S&B, however if you want to play a Monk it is probably a good idea to craft/buy some more items that are not specifically for a Barb. Your ehp is really nice though. You could easily play MP10 with that set up. 7.5/10

Talking of MP10 - just killed Ghom with my low (less than 70K) budget gear on.

Spear-chucker
Edited by Spearchucker#1994 on 10/15/2013 5:31 PM PDT
I've recently changed up all my gear. I'm a LoH based Shenlongs build now to stand out from the crowd a little :D. Any tips on upgrades would be awesome!
View profile
10/15/2013 08:24 PMPosted by Reflex
I've recently changed up all my gear. I'm a LoH based Shenlongs build now to stand out from the crowd a little :D. Any tips on upgrades would be awesome!

@Reflex

Solid build, ample LOH and AS while using OWE to attain balanced mitigation. Only drawback is your Dexterity right now. Add a bit more and get as close to 3k as you can to reach 200k DPS.

8.3/10 A few good crafts will throw you over the top.

NOTE: Rate Spear instead of me.
love to see S&B

@RiZ, love to see S&B, however if you want to play a Monk it is probably a good idea to craft/buy some more items that are not specifically for a Barb. Your ehp is really nice though. You could easily play MP10 with that set up. 7.5/10

sorry guys because I am new to monk, I have to ask. What is S&B?

NOTE: I have already been rated. Please Rate Spear :)
Edited by RiZzoy#1855 on 10/16/2013 6:14 AM PDT
@one who shall not be named

you noob monk what happend, got into self found or what...

jk jk so Spearette eh? cute name
feels like you could do more with less vit
like more dps, more all resist etc

I really dont know man, are u building sets again, or you doing something new and evil that I didnt catch on, havent been on the forum for a while

to me you'll always be the dude with no set armory lol, but yea, im sure you know what you are doing and a 9/10 for you, keep up the good work

XFC-
@one who shall not be named
I really dont know man, are u building sets again, or you doing something new and evil that I didnt catch on, havent been on the forum for a while

XFC-

@XFC, you were right, I was trying something new as far as low budgeting was concerned. So many people come on the forum and ask if I have X amount of gold can I play MP10, well I set myself a challenge to see how little I could spend, play MP 10 and get to five stacks without dying. It turned out to be about 70K. I actually got to four stacks for under 50K and then gave up because I'd pretty much achieved what I set out to do. As an extra, I also killed Ghom on MP10 in my 70K gear. So yes, that's why my gear looked a little odd.

RATE XFC NOT ME.

Spear
@XinFanChen

Sexxy !@# build bruh, keep it up.

I'd keep crafting amulets see if you can get lucky and find one similar to yours with more EHP. GL.
@Doom

Nice solid monk. Few things you can upgrade on like that TR soj to a WoL soj and some other minor things to improve on I'd say. Why do you use pacifism? I mean you can usually just TR out of the way in most cases I would think. Seems like something else would be better to use but everyone has their own play style. Nice TR monk!

8/10
Pretty solid. Could use a better hellfire ring though, or just ditch it completely. Nice spirit regen.

7/10
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]