Diablo® III

resistances besides all

I was watching a budget CM wiz gear guide and the person said that poison resist is good to have because the last patch at the time (1.07) was the "poison patch". I assume because Plagued got a damage buff. Then a little while later when looking at a piece of gear he says that fire resist is nothing useful. This makes no sense to me since with Molten, Mortar and Fire Chains fire resist would seem the most useful. So why did he say that about fire res? (vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fMGznHdYhA 20:25 or so) Any other resists at all useful? Also for low levels I can only tell that mobs attack with either physical or fire damage, and fire attacks do a lot more DPS than physical ones. Do mobs have attacks besides affix ones that are of an element besides fire/physical? I can't find this information on any wikis.
Edited by Kinimi#1237 on 10/5/2013 6:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Just guessing, but most damage types can be avoided...move out of crap on the ground etc., but some poisons are a debuff that can't be moved out, you have to survive until they wear off.

That said, best to just get +resist all. Easy to say expensive in practice, but there you have it.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
It's better practice to just stack AR and armor, as you won't regret it down the road.

I would say Fire would be the biggest bane for CMWW wizards as you have to deal with Molten and Fire Chains more than prototypical range classes.

There's also physical for Desecrate and Reflect Damage. Poison's good for Plagued, that's about it. No amount of Poison resist can help much against Woodwraith (trees) bulbs.

TL;DR - Find AR and armor on your pieces.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]