Diablo® III

Diablo III: Book of Tyrael Shipped today!!

Sweet! Got email from Amazon this evening.

Your estimated delivery date is:

Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Reply Quote
Are you sure?
Reply Quote
10/05/2013 08:18 PMPosted by Chris
Are you sure?

How could the OP be unsure about this? :P
Reply Quote
I preordered the book from amazon as well, and my book hasn't shipped.
Reply Quote
Got an email finally, but I dunno... I'll believe it when I see the package on my doorstep.
Reply Quote
How exciting, will be a bit longer for me in AU. :P
Reply Quote
Well, I'll find out tomorrow, but tracking says this:

Date Time Location Event Details
October 7, 2013 12:34:00 PM Colchester CT US Package arrived at a carrier facility

So it should be delivered tomorrow.
Reply Quote
This news makes me excite.
Reply Quote
Delivered! Ughhh....no time to read until later this evening.
Reply Quote
Well !@#$.. that's good news. I wish a release date had been more clear though. Mine isn't scheduled to make it here until this Friday, although its tracking seems to be relatively nearby. The hope always dies last.
Reply Quote
I just got mine |

Good read and some new lore there.
Reply Quote
I just got mine |

Good read and some new lore there.

Don't want to spoil myself that much but what topics are refered in this new lore?
Edited by Matius#2913 on 10/9/2013 3:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Without spoiling anything,

*Potential spoilers*
We learn many new things about Adria, what Leah/Cain knew of her
What happens in heaven after D3
How Tyrael lives as a mortal and the fate of the black soulstone
Many things about Westmarch and the Crusaders (who appears more interesting now for me)
Fate of the new Horadrims

Name of the mage and rogue who helped Aidan in tristram
Reply Quote
Without spoiling anything,

*Potential spoilers*
We learn many new things about Adria, what Leah/Cain knew of her
What happens in heaven after D3
How Tyrael lives as a mortal and the fate of the black soulstone
Many things about Westmarch and the Crusaders (who appears more interesting now for me)
Fate of the new Horadrims

Name of the mage and rogue who helped Aidan in tristram

Sounds like only interesting information would be Westmarch and the Crusaders. Tyrael life as mortal seems like a dull subject, I don't like D3 Tyrael, but perhaps there is something about him interacting with other Angels than it might be something fun to read like his curent relations with Imperius.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/10/2013 06:21 AMPosted by JPMF
Without spoiling anything
What were your favorite discoveries within the Book of Tyrael (if you can avoid spoilers for those who haven't read it yet)?
Reply Quote
My favorite was the explanation behind Tyraels decisions.
Reply Quote
10/14/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Vaeflare
What were your favorite discoveries within the Book of Tyrael (if you can avoid spoilers for those who haven't read it yet)?

I would say that I really liked the stuff about Adria, the best part being that Leah knew all along (after she got Cain's journal) that Deckard had doubt about her mother being, let's say not so noble; it adds a lot to the story and the tragedy. In fact in find it hard to believe it wasn't told or showed in any way in the game. It makes Leah sort of responsible to what happens to herself in a twisted and dark way.

She wanted to trust her mother and for that she believed (yet again...) that Cain was an old fool and for that she paid with her body and soul. Very dark stuff that the game should have hinted.
Reply Quote
I received The Book of Tyrael in the mail today. I'm now on part 3 (page 80).

This is one of those books you can't put down. It's well written, provides interesting insight into the inner thoughts of Tyrael, Leah, and Cain both before and during the events of D3, and reveals hitherto unknown details about specific actions taken by Tyrael after Diablo was defeated in the High Heavens. His reasoning for removing the Black Soulstone and hiding it under Westmarch is explained in detail.

This is a good book. I highly recommend it.
Reply Quote
I wish D3 had the same art style they showed in the book :-(
Edited by Yoomazir#2905 on 10/23/2013 2:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]