Diablo® III

Need advise on ehp vs mit in my case

I plan to buy a witching hour that can give me considerable dps and hp at the expense of mit.
I really want the dps increase but am not sure though if the hp gain can at least compensate for most of the mit loss.

These are my current stats:

Damage per Second

Effective Hit Points

Armor 4,171
All Resist 888.7
Block Chance 0%
Dodge Chance 10.98%
Armor Damage Reduction 56.97%
Total Damage Reduction 88.74%

Maximum Life 62,881.08

VS:

+3,025.55
DPS Change

+14,589.9
EHP Change

Armor 4,178
All Resist 819.9
Block Chance 0%
Dodge Chance 10.98%
Armor Damage Reduction 57.01%
Total Damage Reduction 88.07%

Maximum Life 68,370.08

---------------------

Help me out please!!! Thanks guys!!

btw, I did read the guide about the recommended of at least 3500 armor and 700 AR but am not really comfortable about the idea of those low numbers(considering I still die on certain circumstances).
Edited by IamLegend#6776 on 10/6/2013 2:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
please please please :))
Reply Quote
10/06/2013 02:51 AMPosted by IamLegend
btw, I did read the guide about the recommended of at least 3500 armor and 700 AR but am not really comfortable about the idea of those low numbers(considering I still die on certain circumstances).

Other than me, I haven't come across any other players recommending those numbers. I use a Skorn :)
Reply Quote
Posted by IamLegend

Other than me, I haven't come across any other players recommending those numbers. I use a Skorn :)

Hi Paul,

Yes I should have probably clarified I use the mana set.

Thanks for your input.

Any people using 1 handers got any advise for me?
Reply Quote
I would choos mitigation over the ehp and dps increase, though its still hard to decide. Its just a matter of choosing both have great pros vs cons but mitigation might be a better pick. You can look over my profile to match and see what I have done to my doc. Thanks for reading
Reply Quote
Here is something to think about when you are looking at Mitigation vs EHP:

Mitigation and Life Steal go hand in hand.

Since the max LS you can get with a 1h build is 3%...then you need more Mitigation to support this number. The more Mit you have = less your LS has to heal.
Reply Quote
I used to at your situation long time back, choosing between a AR or HP base WH.
What I found out are having 88+% MIT and 800+ AR you will be safe. Hence both cases are viable. But the extra 6k HP are a lot, that will make u feel the same as having 888 AR.
I down from 910 AR to 850 AR.

I will choose to increase DPS and HP. Good luck.
Reply Quote
DPS and HP option. Mitigation and ehp should still be good enough. Depends how you play of course.
Reply Quote
thanks guys!!! I went ahead with my decision and I actually feel tankier! not to mention the extra dps!

appreciate all your inputs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]