Diablo® III

More than 4 in a PvP game

Part of this game is feeling like a legend if you put the time in to gain the skill. If you had an open world PvP system similar to WoW, it is easier to accomplish this then in a closed world PvP system like D3 or SC2. For example, you stumble along a whole army of people fighting one another and someone says, "Oh no! Its the Weasel!" and they either run for their lives or they all try to gang up on you and die. Or you wander around and see someone people you remember and they ask for your aid in battle, you beat up their opponents and word of legend spreads through out the land. These fictitious situations are exaggerated to demonstrate how rumors of your skill could propagate through the open world system. However, with a maximum of 4 players per brawl, it seems more like you are joining up with a few buddies to play a Star Fox death match on nintendo 64 instead of trying to make a name for your avatar in a MMO.
Edited by Weasel765#1161 on 10/7/2013 6:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This was another bad idea from blizzard to narrow down player # from 8 to 4. Problem is, all skills are useless and have fancy animations so you need to do them a lot in order to obtain any results pvp or pvm so that adds a lot of strain on the server. I know for a fact that if there's 2 CM wizards or meteor CM, in a game, at some point it lags to the point of dropping, so I think it's something very technical that prevents them from adding 8 player feature.

The whole thing plays like torchlight, I consider D3 a failed project where you just have to erase everything and start over. If I had to re-make d3, I am clueless about what elements I would keep...the portal looks cool, I guess I would keep that...Seriously, when a barb swings a weapon, no need to add fancy colors to draw the trajectory, it's plainly retarded. All these useless and fancy animations suck up the server's bandwidth.

Why do you think they added nephalem valor? Why would they not want you to switch skills in the middle of the game? The answer is very technical. They want you to adopt a gaming lifestyle that doesn't lag the server, by rewarding this behavior with bonuses.

It's not about you, it's about them. This game is not about the players anymore. It's business.
Reply Quote
I may have opposite defiant disorder, I don't know, but I much prefer to have days of realm down instead of being rewarded with bonuses for not doing what they don't want me to do. Like, the fact that they tease us with a bonus so we don't switch skills is like telling a dog "if you're good, you get a bone!"...it makes me feel like I'm their beetch you know?

But it's ok, I've dealt with 100s if not close to a 1000 players of this community really nicely so I don't feel bullied in any way. I feel fulfilled if anything...and so do all my friends who helped me :D
Reply Quote
It would be nice if we had 8 or even 16 players in a game (and much bigger pvp areas).
Reply Quote
Yea, bump up the players in the game and add more structure to the pvp system.

Add more PVP game modes as well.

Hell I would even play some type of DoTa dueling system with Creeps if it were a 4 v 4 match.

Anyone found any Charms or Runes in the game yet?

Heard the only thing those black rock ledgers are good for is !@# wiping.
Reply Quote
10/07/2013 07:20 AMPosted by Jester
This was another bad idea from blizzard to narrow down player # from 8 to 4. Problem is, all skills are useless and have fancy animations so you need to do them a lot in order to obtain any results pvp or pvm so that adds a lot of strain on the server. I know for a fact that if there's 2 CM wizards or meteor CM, in a game, at some point it lags to the point of dropping, so I think it's something very technical that prevents them from adding 8 player feature.

The whole thing plays like torchlight, I consider D3 a failed project where you just have to erase everything and start over. If I had to re-make d3, I am clueless about what elements I would keep...the portal looks cool, I guess I would keep that...Seriously, when a barb swings a weapon, no need to add fancy colors to draw the trajectory, it's plainly retarded. All these useless and fancy animations suck up the server's bandwidth.

Why do you think they added nephalem valor? Why would they not want you to switch skills in the middle of the game? The answer is very technical. They want you to adopt a gaming lifestyle that doesn't lag the server, by rewarding this behavior with bonuses.

It's not about you, it's about them. This game is not about the players anymore. It's business.

Sounds good but I'm not entirely sure if the conclusion is right. They would've sold about the same number of copies if this was a nintendo 64 smash bros pvp game or like how it is now. I just think they overloaded to much into graphics and the payment for that is it limits how much players can do. I got mad with starcraft 2 for the same reason and even other gaming companies keep doing this and no one seems to see that it hurts the game to make a billion special HD graphic effects. I really don't know why diablo and starcraft and many other games don't have an option to turn the graphics setting lower or different graphics to play the game faster if they need it. Like really every 3 years people have to buy new computers just to keep up with the graphic upgrades in games why not have it where people can play it on older computers and thus solve the problem with overloaded servers and problems with lag altogether.
Reply Quote
47 Human Warlock
10/07/2013 03:49 PMPosted by DerfelCadarn
It would be nice if we had 8 or even 16 players in a game (and much bigger pvp areas).
Reply Quote
12/13/2013 12:04 PMPosted by kiltedjedi
I just think they overloaded to much into graphics and the payment for that is it limits how much players can do. I got mad with starcraft 2 for the same reason and even other gaming companies keep doing this and no one seems to see that it hurts the game to make a billion special HD graphic effects. I really don't know why diablo and starcraft and many other games don't have an option to turn the graphics setting lower or different graphics to play the game faster if they need it.

You can play D2 and starcraft 1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]