Diablo® III

Losing more than just easy trading...

I just realised that I do a lot of my inventory management through the AH interface. It's a reasonably easy in the AH to flick between characters to see their inventory and the stash to manage my gear; and it's a great way to check which character has what before loading them up.

Come mid March 2014, I'm gonna miss being able to look between my characters' inventories easily. Hopefully Bliz will implement something to make inventory management between multiple characters an easy affair.
Reply Quote
Same here.
Reply Quote
Never thought about that! Hopefully there is an interface that replaces the AH for viewing your inventories without having to enter the game and swapping toons.
Reply Quote
10/07/2013 05:38 PMPosted by abend
Never thought about that! Hopefully there is an interface that replaces the AH for viewing your inventories without having to enter the game and swapping toons.

How about one step further and being able to swap armory items on another toon - while being in game... saves having to jump out of game to put ugrade on alt before you forget about it
Reply Quote
Nah, just give more stash space by way of additional tabs so you can have each tab for 1 class and other stuff like gems tab, sets tab, Wiz tab, WD tab, etc.
Reply Quote
well said. i have had bugs the last couple of months in my ah that either makes specific mules inventory invisible, usually more than 1 mule at a time too. I find it very frustrating to have to go into game to view only to realise there is nothing in the bags I want @ that time...

Could be a seriously off putting experience if something isn't implemented to get around this.
Reply Quote
10/07/2013 06:27 PMPosted by NickBaldyM
How about one step further and being able to swap armory items on another toon - while being in game... saves having to jump out of game to put ugrade on alt before you forget about it

10/07/2013 06:46 PMPosted by jtcdgroup
Nah, just give more stash space by way of additional tabs so you can have each tab for 1 class and other stuff like gems tab, sets tab, Wiz tab, WD tab, etc.

Why not both?

I mean seriously. The game is about grinding for loot and in D2, my bro and I had an endless number of mules housing set items, gems, charms, etc, etc, for use with different builds.

The AH, from my perspective allowed a quantum of sought after items to be kept online. If we couldn't house an item, we could sell it with the notion that we can get a similar item back later on if need be without having to grind for it again. Without the AH, there will be a bigger emphasis on keeping our items. Thus more stash space would be welcome.

In regards to an interface to swap between toons and the stash, from the number of naked toons I see in people's profiles, I'm going to take a stab at the fact that people reuse items between toons (I mean duh? it's the economical thing to do). It would be so much easier to swap items between toons without running in and out of the game. All our stuff is stored online so it's gotta be possible.

As for an interface, with wide screens being prevalent these days, I reckon a 3 section interface with the stash on the left, first toon in the middle and a second toon on the right would be sufficient. Basic info such as stre/dex/int/vit/health/dps/resource level for each toon (shown below them) would be good too.

And while we're on the topic of game ideas, I think that with the itemisation patch allowing lvl 1-60/70 rolls of all legendaries, we really need one of the NPCs to be able to 'upgrade' items to the next level. Lets say I have Chantodo's set but found the Source at lvl13. I'm not lvl70 and haven't dropped another higher level one. It would be good to be able to continue using the set with item levels matching my player by upgrading the item. I'd be happy for the item stats to be re-rolled in the process, but it would be a nice option.
Reply Quote
i have had bugs the last couple of months in my ah that either makes specific mules inventory invisible, usually more than 1 mule at a time too. I find it very frustrating to have to go into game to view only to realise there is nothing in the bags I want @ that time...

Could be a seriously off putting experience if something isn't implemented to get around this.

I've had this issue too mate. I've found it to be more of a server side issue as it does go away. If yours is continuing, perhaps an uninstall/reinstall is needed.

And yes, it'll be an off putting experience if inventory management goes backwards once 18th March comes around. TBH, I didn't realise so many others used the AH for the same purpose as me. I might voice this on the main forum to get a bit more exposure.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]