Diablo® III

Occasional Mana Issues with CoB during mobs

So I play a CoB build based off Treffnwynd with some mods due to my playing style.
Now based off grave injustice rune and with my Thing of the Deep, I'm usually fine when mobbed. In fact, I do better in mobs as many are producing health globes.

But sometimes I run out of mana. In fact, 8/10 times, I leave the mob with full life and mana, 1/10 times I die and the other 1/10 times, I run out of mana and have to run around waiting for mana to refill.

I initially thought it was a random scenario where no health globes were being produced but I don't run out of mana during Azmodan or Belial in 4+ party games. I reference that because it's not like health globes are being produced then

Anyone have any insights? Been with the same gear for the last 2-3 days so what you see on me is what I was using.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
10/03/2013 11:27 PMPosted by Thumos
Now based off grave injustice rune and with my Thing of the Deep, I'm usually fine when mobbed. In fact, I do better in mobs as many are producing health globes.

Your gear looks alright for mana. Just need to take note that GI and GF are conditional mana tools. Other passives like SA and BR are permanent mana tools. Which is more suitable and how each tool is applied depends on your preference and configuration.

I don't run out of mana during Azmodan or Belial in 4+ party games.

Each additional player adds 50% to monster life. Full 4 player party will have 2.5x monster life. If every player does his part for DPS, the killing is actually faster. If there are party buffs, or a cyclone strike (pulling skill) Monk, mana efficiency is enhanced. Also in a party, it doesn't matter which teammate picks up the health globe, you will benefit anyway, so you may not see the health globe being dropped, or due to the group's various pick-up-radius, the globes are immediately gobbled up.

In fact, 8/10 times, I leave the mob with full life and mana, 1/10 times I die and the other 1/10 times, I run out of mana and have to run around waiting for mana to refill.

I rarely run with GI. You can try using SW:HG instead of Jaunt, and try replacing GI passive with either SA or BR. Mana consumption should be far more stable regardless of farm route or boss fights. Only down side is that you need to learn how to time using your SW more accurately to avoid stuff.
Reply Quote
Thanks, will try it out!!

Hey Paul, would it be possible to switch out thing of the deep for uhkrapian serpent if I kept GI or does my gear just not support it now?
Reply Quote
10/04/2013 01:41 AMPosted by Thumos
Hey Paul, would it be possible to switch out thing of the deep for uhkrapian serpent if I kept GI or does my gear just not support it now?

IMO, GF is more useful than GI. US mojo has mana regen stat too. If your concern is about mana, you can try a cheap US mojo (maybe 10k gold), just to see if the lack of mana regen stat can still work for your intented build. Using SW:HG will make a lot of difference in mana support.
Reply Quote
Thumos!!!!! sup mang???
Reply Quote
i got a question too @ paulng

i actually do some playing with OP here and i hope i havent been steering him wrong. i always felt that that 20yard extra pick up radius was super helpful in supporting not just health regen but mana regen with the GF and GI passives. is it not really that significant?
Reply Quote
because bears are a "mid" range attack they work very well with GI/GF allowing you to get a good mana return if you have some PUR items to support it which will allow you to spam at a much higher rate.

quoted in the sticky by Brahm
Reply Quote
10/04/2013 02:05 AMPosted by Daliwoo
Thumos!!!!! sup mang???
It's all good thanks to you my man. Online soon!
Reply Quote
I had mana issues with a very similar build and near identical gear. Problem was attack speed was not sustainable by my mana pool. Solution; skorn with ls. Never run out of mana ever now. Plus more dps as a bonus
Reply Quote
10/04/2013 02:12 AMPosted by Daliwoo
i always felt that that 20yard extra pick up radius was super helpful

Yes it is helpful, although we can play CoB with just 6-7 yards.

10/04/2013 02:59 AMPosted by Daliwoo
because bears are a "mid" range attack they work very well with GI/GF allowing you to get a good mana return if you have some PUR items to support it which will allow you to spam at a much higher rate.

when against a wall or corner, our bears reach maybe 30 yards out, so bear builds will require bigger PUR if they wanted the same concept to be applied. However, OP was asking about CoB.

Where CoB is concerned, PUR is needed for GF but not as much for GI. All 2Handers don't use TotD, and many 1Handers farm without TotD also. TotD is an excellent entry-level mojo because it has many good stats as default (Intel, Mana, CHC, usually have decent damage range and some eHP), good quality at super cheap prices. As the 1Hander progresses, many of them want to upgrade to either US or SoS mojo.
Reply Quote
thanks for the clarification paulNG.... good stuff man!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]