Diablo® III

Has Blizzard looked at Having a NZ server?

IF Australia is to expensive to house a server have you looked at some Auckland companies?

Yea just another Australian Server thread reminder for Blizzard to ignore. Move along...
Reply Quote
I don't care where it's located as long as it is not having to rely on twitchy servers located across vast oceans.

We were supposed to know "more details" earlier this year. Nothing happened.

11/08/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Arcagnion
This is something I will relay back. Usually we would never recommend a third party service within a product though. Oceania servers are not off the table, but it also isn't a quick fix. Will know more details early next year.

It seems like they have abandoned the idea just like they abandoned Ask the Devs (Itemization part 3).
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 10/5/2013 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Dont buy the expansion until they do :)
Reply Quote
I won't be buying the expansion... Until Blizzard sort out the latency issues in single player.
Reply Quote
Don't hold your breath. With all the titles Blizz has that can be played through servers & they don't have a Oceania server that can be split into covering multiple titles. They won't open one just for one game.

To be perfectly honest, it's probably thought of as an unnecessary expense. Australia having a sub-standard internet infrastructure compared to other regions on the globe, is unfortunate. I can guarantee though that if there were enough users to justify a Oceania server, current connections would be a lot worse than they are at the moment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]