Diablo® III

*GIVEAWAY* Last Barb Set

Haha, yep. which isn't a bad thing but makes it hard to see which and how many pieces he switches even after rewatching a few times. ah well.

Ah I see. So it seems like in terms of greatest efficiency I should be trying to work my way towards 2 sets with some overlapping pieces. One for killing elites as you mentioned and is seen in the vid and one to kill white mobs for more exp. I think at where I am at the moment trying to focus more on exp farming would probably benefit more until I reach a higher paragon level, then look into getting some more gear pieces so I can easily switch between the 2.

In terms of fury/wrath generation is the skorn build much different other than the decrease to APS being the significant change? I'm quite keen to give this build a try as from the video it looks like a very efficient way of killing things quickly. (although I'm sure thats got a lot to do with chazhang as well)

I see what you mean in the difference between sets 4 and 5. even just looking at the EHP stat there is almost a 100k difference. Looking more closely set 4 has higher armor and resistances as well as LoH which I'm guessing all contribute to it being more tanky. The dps doesn't look that much lower based on the numbers but I feel there might be more to it than that?
Reply Quote
@Rapide
I still haven't captured my Uber gear set, so it only shows my normal DW gear (Set 1) and my Skorn gear (Set 2) but it should give you a general idea:

http://www.d3rawr.com/d-8vmCD

The only difference between the two setups are the belt and weapon(s). For Uber I would swap out the Inna's and rare ring for a tankier pair of rare pants and a HotA reduction SoJ.

I don't need to change a ton of stuff when switching. Just 2-3 items. :)

--------

Click on "Skill Damage" and compare the tDPS, crit Rend and crit HotA (Smash) damage for the two sets. :)

Paper DPS might look almost the same, but there is usually a world of difference when you look closer at the actual damage output for different skills.
Reply Quote
@Orbie
Your current gear looks like something from the "good old days." None of the sets on offer are "tanks" so to speak, but there's a lot we can do for you for minimal (relatively speaking) amount of gold to get you up and running with a starter/budget set.

But first I'd like to know more about your group.

What MP level do you guys generally run?
What classes does your friends play?
Links to their profiles would be great so I know what to emphasis on while customizing your set.

We've been running MP3 because I have a problem rushing in like Leeroy Jenkins and dieing quickly. Hope to turn it up some when I have more survivability.

Wizard, Monk, and Hunter but not always the same toon and sometimes we have 2 of a class.

Xav#1271
Zetherion#1870
Wheedie#1179
Reply Quote
@Orbie
Alright. Seems like Xav is the only big shot in your group. :)

Zetherion looks like he can handle at least MP5 on his Wiz. Guess I'll see about making you a MP5+ viable starter suit.

You guys will need to help Wheedie gear up his Monk to get to the higher MPs though. You could ask him and see if he wants to tank up and run a ZDS build (refer to http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9485558737 for more info). He'll essentially be taking over your role as the mob herder (there's no cooldown on the Monk version of Ground Stomp, so he'll be more effective at this role as long as he survives).
Reply Quote
Hey Eclipse,

Please consider me for one of your sets. I just reached level 60 with my barb and the only thing that I have of value is a Skorn. I could really use some more gear to help me battle through inferno. It doesn't matter what build, because I haven't settled on one yet. Just trying to stay alive against the mobs right now. First time with a barb and could really use some help.

Thanks
Reply Quote
@RonBurgundy
I have some starter gear lying around, but I'll need some time to piece them together. I only have 4 little squares left in stash + characters. lol

I'll see if I can get most of the outstanding stuff done by tomorrow.

In the meantime, any interesting / funny / weird stories you have about your D3 adventures thus far?
Reply Quote
Alright figured I'd post since I have a minute. To preface this My paragon is 26.

I play this game for fun. I'm not really one of those people who play to have 6 paragon 100 characters, I just don't have the time. I bought this game a few months before joining the Navy, and while I play this game while I'm not in my schooling or on standing duty, sometimes I just don't have the ability to play as much as I'd like. When I do play, It's usually just grinding Act 1, over, and over, and over. I've found some upgrades here and there but I'm still locked in Act 1 as higher acts on medium monster power levels just aren't feasable. I just want to explore other acts in some of the higher MP levels farming act 3 in MP2-3 isn't exciting, I want to be able to be at the edge of my seat fighting ubers bosses and going for better and better loot, but trying to self find items in my state just isn't gonna happen, and prices on the AH are just ridiculous.

So yeah I'm just looking for a set that would suit me for some higher MP levels.
Reply Quote
Yes. I need one set. Dearly. So this is my story.

My original character was a barb, on this account, with more than 2000 hours of playing. I just love barbs, since D1, I used to envy my friend's D2 bowazon so, because she has strafe, if you still remember d2, strafe is such a badass skill that clears the entire screen in no time (still true to D3 at low mps).

I play D3 like a researcher, I played all 5 chars, analyzing every build. I used a tool, TurboHUD, it calculates and displays some crucial information in real time for a 'D3 researcher' like me, such as total damage at a given moment, or real total mitigation. So that I knew clearly that my 200k dps barb actually did up to 10000k damage in a big mob, and that to guarantee no dead in HC for a HoTA barb, you need 95% total damage mitigation (after buffs), and rend.

My story was sad.

Did I mention that I just loved D3. I think it is the best game ever made, I quit my job to play it and make money off it as a living, but that's a side point, I want to play D3 all day, money is just something you make out of what you love to do. Soon I came with with several original build that is as effective as HoTA barb, and much more fun (because it was different), such as Corpse Barb, Dualgen HoTA barb, bi-school or tri-school barb (WW-HoTA- Corpse Throw barb). I knew the game inside out, and I still do.

Because I loved D3 that much, I decided to fork out enough money to build CE, a latecomer to CE pays tons of money to get his hands on a box like those, and also Starcraft HOTS and Digital Delux on top of that, just to get those bone wings.

I ran around, flash my wings on my PL100 barb in sincere joy, this moment I was an angel with cloud white ethereal wings, minutes later, I was the male version of the Queens of Blade. It was so much fun.

My other chars was PL50 ish, I'm on my way to PL500, PL1000 is the next goal, 500 SC, 500 HC. I aimed high.

Thanks to my CE purchase, I got the chance to create a new account. I placed that character in town for an experience boost, who doesn't want to get as much PL as possible as the expansion is coming.

Then I got greedy. I paid for powerleveling service.

That is where the problem is. In my country, there are a lot of people making a living off games. In D3, they trade gold, they produce gold by botting, they flip goods on the AH, they even got AH bots. When I paid for powerleveling, for PL500, somehow I knew for certain thet my powerleveler is gonna bot with my accounts. But I shook it off and thought to myself, come on, it would be just about 50 hours, like they told me.

3 days later, both of my accounts was banned, first my main, then my secondary, the powerleveler disappeared.

When you had 5 characters at 200-300k dps, the account is worth quite a lot, not to mention the CE key, 300 worth PLs, archievements and all that. I freaked out

I contacted Blizz. It took a week for a reply, they told me it was final, there would be no leniency for me. Desperately, I submitted another ticket, another 5 days passed, Blizz once again told me they it was their final decision and that they wouldn't replied to my enquiries on the same matter.

My heart broke. I lived for almost 2 weeks without D3, but I couldn't shake my head and go away just like that. I forsook my CE key, bought a standard key, put it on top of my CE key on this very same account, and start anew.

Before I was banned, I was playing HC, pure HC MP10 all the way to inferno. I never got there. The furthest I got was lv 5x, plenty of times. I was reckless, otherwise...

So this time I was playing HC again, but as I've got used to HC, the thrill was gone, I no longer feared death or feel attached to my character. Or perhaps my lost was so great that the death of a toon is so trivial now.

I lost my first HC barb at level 3x to DC, feeling nothing. And I thought, why punish yourself playing HC when it is actually the same thing when you no longer fear death, plus, I am so well-versed with the game now that when I get to inferno and equipped with, it is just impossible to die, regardless of MP (for DC, the solution is to always play in a party, the bigger the better, and stick together, HC MP10 is a piece of cake when you have an able party of 4, no joke). And I realise that I should go back to SC and enjoy the more relax and fun feeling of it.

I checked the forum and saw this thread. So yeah, here I am. And that was my story. Do I deserve a set? :)
Reply Quote
@Rapide
I still haven't captured my Uber gear set, so it only shows my normal DW gear (Set 1) and my Skorn gear (Set 2) but it should give you a general idea:

http://www.d3rawr.com/d-8vmCD

The only difference between the two setups are the belt and weapon(s). For Uber I would swap out the Inna's and rare ring for a tankier pair of rare pants and a HotA reduction SoJ.

I don't need to change a ton of stuff when switching. Just 2-3 items. :)

--------

Click on "Skill Damage" and compare the tDPS, crit Rend and crit HotA (Smash) damage for the two sets. :)

Paper DPS might look almost the same, but there is usually a world of difference when you look closer at the actual damage output for different skills.

Ah ok, I understand. so other than weapons it really only takes a few extra pieces of gear to make both of the builds effective.

Yea now that I look there I can see the difference you are talking about, and I assumed there was going to be more to it then just the dps numbers.

From what you've been saying and from what I've seen it seems like a skorn build would be the way to go and then picking up the different weps and a piece or two to easily switch between when going from elites to normal mobs.
I hope this doesn't come across as greedy or pushy but do I qualify for any of the sets? After what you've told me is set 4 the more diverse option being a bit tankier? and then if I were to switch weps and belt and such use it to farm elites? If I don't I understand and I still greatly appreciate the help and aside from the obvious change in weapon, what should be the first pieces I should try and change/upgrade?

thanks again
Reply Quote
1: 19
2: WW/rend or ww/hammer
3: when I first started I wanted to just play. I knew how to play the AH but didn't. it would have bored me to tears. I got bored farming a year ago. just started playing again sporadically a few weeks back. I actually got some left over gear from a super barb on the first day I started playing again. 100k dps atm. I have gotten zero good drops out of 8 months of playing the game before I quit. it was one of the main reasons why I quit. my goal is to be able to do uber 10. dunno when I would be able to do it, hopefully before expac hits.

I can make this promise though, I would pass on the gear I get if I do get chosen when I get better items, if/when I do.
Reply Quote
Hey everyone,

I'm interested in one of the Paragon 20 sets, they all seem like an upgrade from my current gear.
A recent birthday gift included 500m gold, so I could perhaps pay for a set if I qualify for one, or perhaps donate for more sets to be made? Another recent giveaway had the condition you could donate your old gear if you got a set, so theres another option. Gee I do like having options :)

My Diablo 3 journey started in Beta, which I thoroughly enjoyed, but when the time came for release my vision of diablo was ruined. At about halfway through Hell difficulty, my Monk on EU was hacked. I hadn't taken part in any shady dealings, I hadn't done anything to ruin the security of my account. I even had an authenticator attached! Blizz would never help me, but I've gotten over that. I'm still not sure why/how I was hacked, but it seems to have been narrowed down to playing public games. Well at least thats the only thing I did differently the night before 'The Hacking' ( new-age horror movie incoming )

So as you can imagine that was pretty annoying, and I took a yearlong break from Diablo because of it. However when a few guildmates picked up again to see how the patches were changing things, I decided to go again, because I remember really liking the game.

So I started going hard, and they were on US so I joined too, and found out my New Zealand connection is better suited to using US, even though upon install EU seemed to be set as basic.

I think I'm pretty competent at the moment, although solo only MP5 is really viable. I need to refine the skills and abilities to use as I play, and I need to gain a better understanding of the game systems, breakpoints, ETC

My goals are just to eventually get competent at MP10, get to Paragon 100 before RoS, and have a great time doing it, in order to instantly get into the best content RoS will have to offer
Reply Quote
@JimmyRussell
I'm afraid you don't qualify for a set as your Radiant Stars are worth way more than the most expensive set I've got to offer. You also have a few very expensive items in your set but there's little emphasis on attack speed and movement speed. You seem to be going for a very defensive build despite the high paper DPS.

You should take advantage of the Skorn's raw damage by using Rend or HotA. You can swap out War Cry -- you don't need it. If you're able to sustain perma-wrath, you might want to consider dropping Bash too.

Try and catch me in-game. I'll see if I can point you in the right direction, and maybe let you test one of the Skorn sets so you can experience the higher attack speed.

——————————————————————————————————————

@Catmeat
Thanks for sharing your story, but you need to get yourself back to level 60 first. :)

@Rapide
Try to catch me in-game. Will be easier to discuss. :)

@boozzer
The gear you've inherited seems to be for trash mob farming only. Uber-killing gear is totally different from farming gear, and what I have to give away are generally exp farming gear. You'll see more items dropping at higher MP, but most of them won't be of much value unless you hit the RNG jackpot.

p.s. FrontSquats managed to sniped a lot of deals to make a 50m MP10 Uber-capable set for just 10m. You won't kill them in record time, but it will get the job done.

@Athaba
Hope the test run helped you out. Good luck building your set. :)
Reply Quote
how do I get in contact with front squads? I have 4 mil of gold atm though. I will pay the rest when I get it. if the set he got can do uber mp10, would it also do well for farming?
Reply Quote
Yea I agree. I'm in aus so time zones are a bit different. but I should be around most of tomorrow. I'll keep an eye out for when you're online. thanks
Reply Quote
@boozzer
You can find his 10m Uber gear guide here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9654155383

Not sure if he's still active as I don't see him posting on the forum much lately.

Usually a set designed specifically for Uber would not farm efficiently.

@Rapide
I'm in Asia, so there shouldn't be much difference except for a couple of hours depending on which part of Oz you're at. I should be back in-game about 1.5 hrs from this posting.
Reply Quote
mp7 would be 2 mp higher than where I am right now. and thanks for the link to the guide. will follow it. I guess I will have to play the AH. or farm the 50m. whichever comes first.
Reply Quote
@Planet
I was comparing the efficiency to a set built specifically for farming. :P

In any case, it's still a 50m set. Anyone following it just need to snipe really, really hard to get all the stuff at 1/5th the buyout price.
Reply Quote
@Orbie
Alright. Seems like Xav is the only big shot in your group. :)

Zetherion looks like he can handle at least MP5 on his Wiz. Guess I'll see about making you a MP5+ viable starter suit.

You guys will need to help Wheedie gear up his Monk to get to the higher MPs though. You could ask him and see if he wants to tank up and run a ZDS build (refer to http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9485558737 for more info). He'll essentially be taking over your role as the mob herder (there's no cooldown on the Monk version of Ground Stomp, so he'll be more effective at this role as long as he survives).

TY SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP! Sorry about the late response. I just got home from a 14 hr overnight shift.
Reply Quote
Just hit P16! Would have done it sooner but was helping a friend who hadn't beat inferno Diablo yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]