Diablo® III

*GIVEAWAY* Last Barb Set

@UnluckyRage
I'll pencil you in for either Set 17 or 19. Do you prefer Dual wield or Skorn? Spin to win or tank and spank style?
Reply Quote
I prefer to tank and spank. Never been a big WW guy. Thanks.
Reply Quote
@UnluckyRage
Alright. Will look for some tanky pieces to slot into Set 19.
Reply Quote
I have been playing awhile and have left and came back. I been struggling with what is the best setup for my barb. I had help from my friends to get where I am now. I would use the Para 30+ set. I want use my barb to get my other toons geared. I haven't been able to accumulate the funds to use the auction house for gear. I tried to use plenty of advice about how to buy low and sell high. I am an AH retard and lost more than I could gain. I tried DW and 2H then back to DW and now I am back to 2H skorn. If I dont qualify for any gear, I could use some pointers on what I need to do to make my barb more effective. I don't have much gold, so expensive idea will not work for me. I haven't ever or will ever buy gold, so I only have what I have been able to gather. Thank you for your time.
Reply Quote
Wow... thanks Eclipse! Hope to catch you in-game soon.
Reply Quote
greetings eclipse! and thanks again for the help. when will you be online next? i would like to ask some questions thank you very much
Reply Quote
@mike
Remember to send me a friend request first. I need to shop for 4 more pieces and your set is done. Missed out on a nice 1d 11h LS Skorn earlier. Grrrr. Someone hit buyout before I did.

——————————————————————————————————————

@MrMikeC
Will need a bit more time to shop for the missing pieces for your set. Seems like the price of certain parts have doubled in the last couple of days. Hope I can get a lucky bid or two. Otherwise I will need to wait for price to go down first.

@RomeyOne1968
Would like to help you out, but I currently do not have enough funds to put together another Skorn set in the P30+ range. :(
Reply Quote
@Orbie
Glad you're having fun. :)

If you have any parts from the set that you don't require, send them back my way so I can re-use them on another set.

I threw your set and my friends set together and I now have a Tank set on my primary barb and a DPS set waiting for my alt barb. (lvling the alt as quickly as possible without using AH, hellfire ring, or King Leoric ring.)

I also did as you suggested and went to a HOTA build and I'm really enjoying farming on MP7 and searching for hellfire mats.
Reply Quote
@eclipse

Thank you anyway. I am torn between the 2H and DW build anyway. I am just glad that there are people playing this game that care enough to help other people. I have around 7m which not even close what I need to upgrade. I will just keep plugging a long. Thank you again for even responding to me.
Reply Quote
@RomeyOne1968
Looks like someone else helped you out. :)
Reply Quote
I'll throw my name in the hat for a starter set. I haven't really played in about a year and I'm broke as hell.
Reply Quote
@Laudd
I'll pencil you in for either Druga's old set or Set #17 (still require 6 more pieces before it's done). Look me up in a day or two.
Reply Quote
Returned Barb slogging away in low MP inferno, back after some time away. Would also like a little gear/build help if it's still any on offer to ease the pain?

Cheers
Z
Reply Quote
While I am certainly interested in some of the 30+ DW/WW sets, I'm also curious about my own gear choices at the moment. When I compare my current barb to some of the sets you constructed I'm just confused. Many of the pieces seem very similar, but the damage totals for some of your sets end up doubling my own. Here is my current set - http://www.d3rawr.com/d-jV5Wb

Where am I going wrong?

But, more to the point, here is my pathetic little story. Bought the game close to release and started with a DH. Leveled her up to 60 eventually, but hated the playstyle. Always running away from things and dying instantly. I then decided I wanted to run a barb because I thought they might have some more survivability. Well, they did, except you still had to run from everything eventually because Inferno used to hit like a truck! Still managed to get him to 60 by discovering a little post on the forums that talked about this crazy idea of DW/WW and life became a little easier.

So I crawled and scraped up enough gold to make incremental upgrades until Nov. 2012 came around and I switched my gaming over to Planetside 2 full time. Played that up until about a month ago, when I heard details about the new expansion, and to be quite honest, PS2 was just getting a bit stale for me. Same maps, same cheaters, same everything, with the devs delaying new content to fix optimization problems they should have never launched with.

Anyway, came back to D3 to give it a shot and got a bit hooked again. Been making incremental upgrades since I came back to arrive at where I am now (also built up a budget monk and wiz to try them out). But what I really want is to start making the trek to higher MP lvls and my current gear only seems to get me easily clearing MP5/6.

So, all that said, regardless of if I qualify for a set or not, I think what you are doing is really cool and I commend you for your generosity and commitment to helping others.

If I don't qualify for a set, or heck, even if I do, I still want to understand why my current set with it's many matching pieces to the sets I see in this post, is so low on tDPS. I just don't get it. Cheers,

EoB
Reply Quote
@Zoidius
Sorry, you're on EU. This is for US. :(

@EoB
You forgot to activate the buffs. :)

Fully buffed, you're at 2.1m tDPS vs Elites, so your set is slightly better than my P30+ sets.

Depending on your budget, you can take a look at upgrading these:
1. a double Str + Vit Mempo
2. a double Str + Vit IK belt (you might want to drop some Str on your current belt to get the Vit)
3. 1,200+ DPS Echoing Fury (yours is pretty weak for a mainhand)
4. grab or craft better amulet (you'll want to try and get one with avg dmg and/or better str)
5. upgrade the stat stick (more str, more chd)

http://www.d3rawr.com/d-8eslt
Set 1: Base
Set 2: With upgrades 1, 2 & 3

If Elites are slowing you down, consider running either ww/hota or the more advance ww/hota/rend builds.
Reply Quote
Quick Update:
MrMikeC#1256 - set ready

mike#11235 - 2 pieces to go, should hopefully be done when I log in tomorrow

UnluckyRage#1487 - 1 piece to go, should hopefully be done when I log in tomorrow

Laudd#1257 - 4 pieces to go, will try to get it done tomorrow

If you haven't added me yet, please do so. Thanks. :)
Reply Quote
For a returning barb, i think i need these set giveaway, i'm not good at gearing a barb..so its nice if i will win this..
Reply Quote
I would like a nice barb set!! I would love whatever set you can give and be happy to pass it on once i grind myself a better set :)
Reply Quote
thank you eclipse! gave me a big upgrade actually, appreciate it very much kind sir! :)
Reply Quote

@EoB
You forgot to activate the buffs. :)

Fully buffed, you're at 2.1m tDPS vs Elites, so your set is slightly better than my P30+ sets.

Depending on your budget, you can take a look at upgrading these:
1. a double Str + Vit Mempo
2. a double Str + Vit IK belt (you might want to drop some Str on your current belt to get the Vit)
3. 1,200+ DPS Echoing Fury (yours is pretty weak for a mainhand)
4. grab or craft better amulet (you'll want to try and get one with avg dmg and/or better str)
5. upgrade the stat stick (more str, more chd)

http://www.d3rawr.com/d-8eslt
Set 1: Base
Set 2: With upgrades 1, 2 & 3

If Elites are slowing you down, consider running either ww/hota or the more advance ww/hota/rend builds.

Ahhh, gotcha. Didn't know about the skills feature of that site (still a relative newbie with it). That certainly clears things up. Thanks for the clarification!

I'll try and work on some gold gathering to take advantage of one of the things you listed above. Been trying to craft a better ammy and gloves but the RNG gods have not been kind so far. Cheers,

EoB
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]