Diablo® III

*GIVEAWAY* Last Barb Set

I would like to send one final thank you to eclipse and to everyone else who made this possible. With the set I received I was running around on MP7 earlier today which is a MP I never thought I would get a chance to visit!
Reply Quote
Thank you morpheus and eclipse!
Reply Quote
@k3rv33
You have some decent pieces in your set. You only need some changes here and there, not a brand new set. Planet can help you with gear upgrades.

I also see that you're also trying to sell off your current set. If you're keen to play a Barb, why would you sell off your set? I don't want any of my sets to be sold off for easy money to fund your other characters.

——————————————————————————————————————

@bubba
I thought of helping, and then I see that you're are planning to sell away your current set to fund another character.

Seriously people, don't ask for free set if you're not going to play a Barbarian.

/facepalm
Reply Quote
Hey again, Eclipse, sorry to hear you're in the negative on gear spending! How's the PC repair coming along?

I hit P26 over the weekend, just going at an easy pace, enjoying my play time. What's great is a RL friend has started playing again, too. What's nice is even if we find crappy legendaries, some of them are still upgrades for him, so the loot hunt incentive is there.

If it's not too much to ask, would it be possible to get a P30 set, like 8 or 9? I'd of course return the set you already gave me to be given out to another. I don't expect to be grinding out paragon levels at a faster pace, just keep on playing at my casual pace, but at a higher MP. I'd totally understand if you'd rather give it to someone since I already received a set.
Reply Quote
Eclipse. I have posted before, but didn’t have a worthwhile anecdote to share until now. My brother recently started playing Diablo 3 with me and just reached level 60 with his DH. I was able to supply him with some gear to help speed up his leveling process and boost his confidence until now. Since reaching level 60, he has received a large amount of really good free gear from a friend. I spent 1mil on a build for my WW barb (now paragon lvl 6). I am able to survive a little longer and kill some trash mobs, but I can hardly hang with my brother in inferno mp3. If you have any siblings, you might recognize the competitive tone in this post. I love my brother to death, but I can’t have him surpass me when I spend more time playing the game then he does. I would appreciate any assistance you could give and would like to put my name in the hat for the under par 20 set. Thanks
Reply Quote
Hello, Eclipse.
My Diablo 3 story began on the night of its release, about two hours late from trying to log in over and over again with the wrong E-mail. ( I thought it was the same error that everyone else was getting on release. Not the best way to start my troublesome d3 adventure so far lol)
I could not be more excited for the release of the game and I thoroughly enjoyed it all the way through hell on my first character (Wizard) and inferno was quite a pain until I heard of the critical mass build, after that I began flying through inferno until the nerf of cm. I could have adjusted and rebuilt to survive, or at least I would have liked to hope so, but I was absolutely broke from the high demand items with ias/crit/int when the game was still fresh. (that gear was now mostly worthless and had almost no market at least people thought that at this time.)

At this point I was pretty far ahead of the curve as far as levels go so I decided to start fresh with my original favorite character from the two previous games, warrior/barbarian. Instantly fell in love and was running through the game like no other until I got to hell and I simply could not survive, because I had zero luck for drops, here is where I would usually just find a team and everything would be okay, but I went on a job out of town and had crap hotel internet connection for almost two months.

When I got back home from the job I could not believe the progress other people had made in such a short amount of time, not only was all the gear I had now bottom tier, but I also had lost so many of the player base that I could quest with to inferno difficulty (the only character I had there was my now worthless cm wizard) I now lost interest in the game until I heard from a friend of "Paragon Levels" I looked at it as a way for me to catch up with my grinding ability, rather than the crap luck I have had so far with drops. I went back and fourth between my wizard and barbarian trying to farm mostly for gold to buy more gear.

And just like that I was back, for maybe a few days until I grew tired of dying 30 times and watching my friends play from the death screen. So once again I hung up my d3 gaming for a few weeks. A friend messaged me on facebook again saying another one of our friends had quit and he would help me out with my Barbarian.

This was the point at which I really got back into the game, he gave me some of my current gear and had a friend of his help me finish inferno and get me a hellfire ring which was fairly new content at the time. I have been grinding away as much as I can after work and in my free time, but I simply cannot survive higher mp levels of inferno to help close the gap between me and people who have been gplaying and farming since release.

Down to the point, because I could go on and on, and am willing to if you are at all interested haha. Currently paragon 16, can farm a bit of inferno, but if I run into an elite mob, I have no choice but to leave the game, I simply cannot afford the offence and defense required to farm inferno elites. I recently finally made enough cash to buy a few items which was ~12m and I decided to try out a cm wizard again, because I had heard that it was a viable method to survive inferno again, I quickly learned that for the amount of money I had I cannot farm even mid mp inferno with the gear I had bought. I would like to rebuild my barbarian, but I cannot sell the wizard gear I bought for what I bought it at, or even close the gold prices. to me it's simply not worth it to take that much of a loss after quite some time of miserable gaming, because atleast right now I have some options in the game to farm mp 0-3 rather than only a barbarian

So I currently have a skorn build that isn't great, I can farm maybe mp3 inferno with the occasional death, any higher is really pushing it. I would love if you could help me build a set that is capable of making farming worth my time. Would way rather have a dual wield than another 2h build, but anything is appreciated and am willing to donate some of my gear if it has any value to you in building another set for another person

Reply Quote
@Druga
Can I trouble you to pass your current set to Lazsurus#1199? The dude is still trucking along in an old set of mine, and I think he's due for an upgrade. :)

Then I'll need you to take Laz's old set and pass it to RonBurgundy#1113. It's MP3 - 5 capable, and would be an upgrade in terms of eHP compared to his existing set.

Let me know when you're done, and I'll hook you up with a P30 set.

@RonBurgundy
See my comments to Druga above.

Once I get a chance to rearrange my stash, I'll look around for some extra pieces that would upgrade the set. Do let me know if you still prefer Skorn after you've tried out the dual wield set.

@JWill
Look me up. :)

@Laudd
Please pick up your set. My online timing is on the first post.
Reply Quote
@JWill
Look me up. :)

Tried adding you, I will or can be on for the next few hours guessing that means you are going to give me one :) if so tyvm wont be wasted!
Reply Quote
@JWill
Check the first post for my in-game timing. :)
Reply Quote
@JWill
Check the first post for my in-game timing. :)

Oh perfect just after I get off work, will make sure to be there :D
and saw which set you are going to give me! got no idea how much that is going to help me out! ty so much!
Reply Quote
@Eclipse
Can do, I'll start trying to contact them tomorrow!
Reply Quote
The Spirit you gentleman all show embodies what it is to be a Barbarian.

Thank you all and thank you Eclipse :)
Reply Quote
Thank you, Morpheus, for funding this! Eclipse is the man, keeping up with this even with his PC down. True Barb.
Reply Quote
Hey there, id be happy to receive anything at all you can spare,
or any tips to upgrade my current gear although i only have 800k gold.

I dont really have a long story to tell you except my wife just had my second kid so my time with the game is really restricted.

My Paragon level is currently 27, hoping to hit 30 by the end of the month, nice thread by the way extremely helpful.
Reply Quote
@Stephenicus
I can hook you up with Set #16. Send me a friend request and look for me during my (short) in-game time on the first post.
Reply Quote
Awesome man much appreciated, ill try jump on tomorrow if time permits!
Reply Quote
Hey there, I'd appreciate the starter set if possible. I've been playing since launch and started with a monk. Finally was able to do inferno(before MP came out and everything) on budget gear, as I never really figure out how to make money.. Quit soon after cause I was stuck on Act 3, it was way harder back then.
Now I'm picking the game up again and so far it seems a big improvement, actually got one legendary belt when i was level 20ish(First legendary over 3 characters)!
Looking around it seems my barbarian might be really under geared, I am already struggling a bit.. Paragon level is 0 but not for long!
Any help appreciated.
Reply Quote
@Heigui
Please complete Hell difficulty first.

You can have the set reserved for Laudd if he does not collect it by Saturday (assuming you have reached Inferno difficulty by then). Otherwise you'll need to get help from another forum regular as I do not plan to build any new sets in the near future. :(
Reply Quote
I will in the near future. Thank you!
Reply Quote
@Eclipse
Lazsurus and RonBurgundy have been geared! And I'm feeln' quite cold and nekkid! I'll try to hit you up if you log on tonight.

thanks again for the set Eclipse!
Edited by Druga#1757 on 10/24/2013 6:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]