Diablo® III

How much solo xp per hour?

Just wanted to get a baseline. Have all classes to 60 but other than for the achievements I really only enjoy playing my para ~70 DH, so not sure and don't really care what other classes can xp/hr

For a solid DH doing MP8 to MP10, what's a decent xp/hr?

I've tracked my last half dozen play sessions and I don't do the fast rinse and repeat farm runs, I just load up an act and pretty much do all the higher density maps, sometimes almost all of that act. I've read and know that at very extreme ends, posters have said in specialized party groups they got 400-450M xp/hr

All I can say is wow, and while I play groups sometimes, I solo a lot too. At mp8 and mp10, I'm actually getting just about same xp - 35 to 45M exp/hr, because slightly longer to kill at mp10, but loot seems better so I usually play on 10.

Is 35-45M xp/hr semi-decent or am I way off from more experienced farmers?

-I pickup all large piles of gold, craft mats, all yellows/orange/green, and tp to town to sell whenever bag is full.

Act 1 I run festering - leorics if missing 5th stack - fields with crypt or den - highlands crossing for an achievement rare - then usually halls of agony

Act 2 desolate sands till find Vota - Vota - oasis - shadow halls and other dungeon next to it

Act 3 keeps level 2 and 3 - battlefields - bridge - rakish crossing - stonefort - any dungeons I see I pop in to clean out elites except cave maps

Lowest I've gotten was 35M xp/hr, highest 45M in act1

I enjoy playing so not really agonizing over maxing every xp efficiency but don't want to leave low hanging fruit either. Quarter of my play time I group with friends or pubs, but mostly solo.

Build I have now is what I usually pack but sometimes switch around a bit to keep it fresh, always like to try some really odd thing just to see. Normal farming/play I use RF bombard with HA generator if needed but hate is 95% never an issue, between vengeance and nightstalker to punishment rune loop, I find I can perma use disc and RF channel.
*i pack HA mostly because I hate stupid bees in act2 and use that or another fast linear hate gen attack, and KW in oasis i use only HA because bombard sucks with his missle damp; other acts sometimes use shuriken cloud instead of HA

Passives vegeance, nightstalker, and manage to snapshot SA most times so use that instead of archery but sometimes switch back and forth on that.

Have become a big fan of smokescreen choking gas, especially act1 fields and act2 oasis with huge mobs clumped around me.

Figured if I got 1/4 of what the huge numbers I see in party play (400M xp) I was happy. But since I've tracked only 35-45M, kinda wondering what the solo baseline for everyone else that cares to share.

Thank you. Any advice appreciated.

P.s. I am kinda liking monk more and more, especially since I can loan most my DH gear, just the constant melee clicking wears me out lot faster than with my DH.
Edited by Jacozilla#1655 on 10/11/2013 6:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Act 1 I usually play w/ at least 1 other person while I prep decaying crypts and they prep elites. Get 3 stacks and go back to crypts to get the last 2 stacks and then do crypts -> fields and repeat.

Act 2 I usually do VotA -> Oasis -> Forgotten ruins -> Channels -> Storm Halls

Act 3 not for exp anymore imo. I could be wrong though.

Act 4 ... idk, I know the hell rifts give insane exp though ^.^ but you have to find those

Exp/hour really depends on the mp you play on and the gear you have. 35-45m/hour is actually pretty bad tbh.
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 10/11/2013 7:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If you're only getting 35-45 mil xp/h on high MP, you might want to consider dropping the MP level, as getting 90-110 mil xp/h on MP1 is possible with pretty mediocre gear.
Reply Quote
that's exactly what I was looking for, some kind of numbers to at least start to baseline from. clearly ~45M xp/hr solo is considered "bad", ok good to know. What I'd like to figure out is what is "good", or at least better than average.

I'm not racing to be some paragon champ, just like to be reasonably efficient while playing without feeling like under a gun.

zylog - thanks for the tip, I'll try some runs on lower mp and see how that goes.

Maybe I'm fooling myself, but I thought I was killing pretty darn quick in mp10. My dps isn't stellar by diabloprogress elite standards, but it's pretty decent. Obviously not one shotting mp10 mobs, but never really get held up trash or elite packs, just chew through them fairly quick and move on. I thought I was more held up by my movement speed but maybe I'm wrong, I'll give lower mps a go and see what the time/xp difference is.

By not full clearing each map, but just killing elites and big trash packs, I'm now up to 54M xp/hr Act1 doing festering-fields-halls of agony on mp10. I'll try mp1 through the other mp levels to see if it's indeed my kill speed holding me up.
Reply Quote
Update - well, it is definitely not my kill speed. Not sure how anyone else is getting 100M on mp1 act1 with only mediocre gear, but with my pretty solid gear and running flat out 1 shotting aoe everything with bola, I got 30M xp in 1 hour from act1 mp1

Down from my 54M xp in 1 hour from act1 mp10.

Maybe it's my run speed or some herding tactic I must not be aware of?

I'm not using any xp gear but I don't see ruby helm and hellfire turning my 30M mp1 speed run into 100M.

Is anyone actually able to confirm that they can run act1 solo at mp1 and get lot higher than 30M xp in one hour?

And at mp10 solo, act 1, what are you getting?

Way I ran my tests is start act1, note my xp and time, then take off:
-always moving at my 24% move speed, stutter step shot only to one shot everything in sight
-didnt pick up any loot other than yellow gloves and all legends
-made 2 quick tp trips back to town to dump loot

I must be missing something incredibly major to be so off, 30M vs 100M, when my kill speed is literally as fast as see it, 1 shot, kill, run on.

On mp10 I'm obviously not 1 shotting but I feel I have pretty similar rhythm, I have enough dps that most packs and all trash doesn't really slow me down much, or so I thought.

What am I missing at either mp level when it seems it's not my kill speed holding me back?
Reply Quote
You need to be moving faster than than 24%...
Reply Quote
10/11/2013 02:20 PMPosted by RedCell

Tumble + Tactical Advantage
SP- Shadow Glide
Tactically using Evasive Fire's Flip-Displace with Tactical Advantage
Strafe Builds.

Even to an extent, Spitfire Turrets for place and forget kind of thing.
Reply Quote
10/11/2013 02:20 PMPosted by RedCell

It didnt seem much down time between kills but I'll try anything. What would you suggest to increase move speed? And how much of overall delay do you think move speed imposes on earned xp? Can't see 30M going to 100M but I don't like assumptions so will test it.

Far as I know, other than shrines which you can't count on being there at right places/times, only way DH can boost move speed above 25% cap is shadow glide, vault spam, and tactical advantage. Those boosts are temporary, but lets say averaged out it made "effective move speed" double, say 48% for entire hour session.

Even if double move translated to double xp, which I don't believe it would because move speed can't possibly correlate on a 1:1 basis for xp increase, but say it did, that gets me to 60M xp/hr on what I've been told is 100M xp/hr even with mediocre gear.

Either that baseline is wrong or again maybe im just missing something major, which could very well be. Does anyone actually have a confirmed run on either mp1 or mp10, solo, with numbers I can baseline off? And what gear/tactics to try to boost effective move speed?

Right now I'll try using a 70 disc gear set, full nats with disc bonus on chest and soj, and shadow glide, vault, tactical advantage build.

My goal here is basically to try and earn say 70-80% whatever is the baseline at max efficiency. That way I can feel like I'm making decent progress but play bit laid back and no rush.
Reply Quote
10/11/2013 03:03 PMPosted by Chrizzle

Tumble + Tactical Advantage
SP- Shadow Glide
Tactically using Evasive Fire's Flip-Displace with Tactical Advantage
Strafe Builds.

Even to an extent, Spitfire Turrets for place and forget kind of thing.

Thanks, will try that out.

Can you confirm though that when you solo, not group, but solo that you earn far higher xp than what I'm reporting? And if so, what amount is that?
Reply Quote
I haven't calculated xp for over 10 months. IIRC, I was netting 40-50 mil per hour, and that was at, like, 100k DPS, solo mp1.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 10/11/2013 4:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Running perma vault/tactical, it very much improved my map cross times, pack to pack kills was nearly without pause and almost no down time between kills.

Bad news though is it made only small xp improvement - went from 30M xp/hr to 34.6M. Note, the 30M was from an actual full hour run, the 34.6M is extrapolating my actual 23.1M in 39 minutes because I ran so fast I ran out of all act1 maps of any worth to go into.

At mp1, a near full clear of act1, regardless of time spent, seems to give not much more than ~25M xp. In order to get the 100M xp/hr act1 mp1 that was claimed in mediocre gear, a DH would have to clear act1 four times, or basically 15 min per full clear run to clear the maps I did:
-festering woods, fields of misery, moon clan cave, leorics, halls of agony all levels, highlands crossing/northern/southern crossing, watch tower dungeon, weeping hollow, cemetery, cemetery crypts x3

Won't say impossible but will say doubtful that any DH, no matter what gear or build, can clear the above maps four times in one hour. Again note, it seems at mp1, without xp gear, the max total of the roughly full act1 clear I did yields much more than 23-25M xp regardless how long it takes you to do it. Therefore, only way to earn 100M xp/hr in act1 mp1 solo, is to run it 4 times.

I've seen the posted proof for the 400M/hr (or was that 450?) specialized group xp runs. I'm not so sure at solo levels though that in act 1, at max mp10, 55-60M xp/hr isn't that far off from norm.

Can anyone actually run act1 mp10 solo and tell me what xp they earn? Not just you think, opinion, or guess a number. I'd very much appreciate actual runs where you jot down xp and time, then note what it is an hour later. (Or any other relatively high mp, and I I will try running your same scenario.

Thank you.

*edit - to maximize speed, in the above run I did not stop to pickup anything at all except 2 legendaries that dropped, and made no tp trips back to town. Zero deaths.
Edited by Jacozilla#1655 on 10/11/2013 4:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Your route isn't too good; too many low xp areas (e.g. caves of the moon clan, 3x crypts).
Reply Quote
@Jacobzilla

I'm not an expert on DH specifically, but I have done a lot of paragon leveling on the other classes (5 paragon 100s so far). At low MP, you can run pure speed builds and rely on high AOE abilities to clear stuff quickly.

For instance, when I got 100 mil XP/h, the play style is by shooting a ball lightning attacks forward, and vaulting on as they clean up the majority of the trash in that area. It's an extremely quick moving farming style.

Not all zones are equal in the XP they offer. Consider the following data: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796351234?page=1

Why bother spending time on areas that yield poor XP/hour? In act 1 there are only a few zones worth doing, maybe 5 in act 2.

My guess is that DH might be able to get ~180 mil XP/h solo, based on following Nyan around on a VSORCS run, but honestly there just doesn't seem to be much data out there with quantitative data. Note that he runs a pretty elaborate setup, non-gearswapping DH would probably be slower.
Reply Quote
Well zylog I don´t think your 110 mil at MP1 with average/decent gear is accurate. I have trouble getting those values running MP4-6 with my not so bad huntress.

To Jacozilla. Really, if you drop from MP10 to let´s say 5-6 with your gear, you should be able to easily get over 100 million, just change your pathing.

Simply run Festering Woods for NV stacks, if you only get 3 go to Leoric´s Mansion and Courtyard to get another 1-2 then simply run Fields of Misery including Crypts and first level of Scavenger´s Den.

After you´ve finished, start a new game. It´s been proven that running areas that give you low experience is detrimental to your overall gains.
Reply Quote
60k to 100k per run??????

Is it possible if we do Act 1 I run festering - leorics if missing 5th stack - whepping hollow -fields with crypt or den - highlands crossing for an achievement rare????
Reply Quote
@Op, some yardsticks for you.

We have to accept the fact that DH is the worst XP farmer. Those who claimed can farm up to 200mil XP per hr doing solo without game mechanics exploitation please prove me wrong by showing me the evidence.

I provide you with some actual numbers. I got 5 NV from BCM, VOTA and then straight to Dalgur Oasis and Storm Hall. I killed additional 6 elites pack while in Dalgur and SH. I did not die even once and did it just to end the game, so no wasted time.

Starting XP 123,929k/146,160k
Ending XP 14,525k/151,200k
Time taken 23 min
Avg XP per hr = 95,885k per hr.

http://i.imgur.com/nh1vGNj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0u8MKGv.jpg

If I skip the 6 elites of which each pack took me about 30 sec, my ave XP/hr will be 110,268k per hr.
Please bear on mind I have some better than avg gears with 380k unbuffed SOJ DPS. Not using HF ring because I wanted the extra disc as I m not running preparation. No red gem in helm cause i want to survive better.

With group play farming A1 crypt, yes i can get around 200mil xp per hr. This is the thread which i included the video as prove.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10071637113#1

Yes! I could double the XP to more than 400mil per hr playing barb. I have done it and I m not pulling your legs.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10160436198#14

Anyway, I still love my DH very much.
Reply Quote
I don't know about MP1 but I can tell you I run MP10 in quite a relaxed manner (picking up money and all level 63 golds, killing all elites) and I get 60mill/hr at the start of a run and can get up to 120mill / hr with full stack in the decaying crypt

I only run Festering / Fields (including crypt) / cemetery.
Reply Quote
I don't know about MP1 but I can tell you I run MP10 in quite a relaxed manner (picking up money and all level 63 golds, killing all elites) and I get 60mill/hr at the start of a run and can get up to 120mill / hr with full stack in the decaying crypt

What exactly do you mean by "relaxed manner"? Does your build lend itself well to minimizing damage or otherwise easily staying alive in MP10?
Reply Quote
@ Nubtro

It's actually quite hard for MP4 to outperform MP1 at XP farming, for most classes. On extremely low MP, you can run full speed builds with high damage spread, though not necessarily high sustained DPS. Examples of such builds:

- ball lightning + vault
- infinite TR + submission + SW Cyclone
- chicken + stalker + jaunt pestilence build
- teleport + blizzard

Now, even at MP2-3, these builds may start to lose efficiency. You can no longer count on a few casts of ball lightning to clear out a huge area, you can't kill all trash mobs on one pass of TR, and pure pestilence isn't enough to keep you in perma-jaunt/stalker mode. What you end up having to do instead is stop periodically to kill trash mobs with other abilities, such as rapid fire, bells or CoB. The loss of speed here is so great that you have to move up several MP levels for your XP/hour scores to start improving again (usually MP7 or so).

Barbs are actually an oddity because of WotB - it is easier to maintain at mid+ MPs than low MP, so barbs gain efficiency there.

Keep in mind that people were able to farm at 100 mil xp/h pace in 1.0.6. Chaz even made a video series back then demonstrating how to do so on various classes. Now, consider the changes since then:

- NV stacks grant multiplicative bonuses
- density buff
- gear is cheap now (people are soloing ubers for <10mil budget)
Reply Quote

What exactly do you mean by "relaxed manner"? Does your build lend itself well to minimizing damage or otherwise easily staying alive in MP10?

Profile on EU server
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BlueSmirnoff-2967/hero/4769443

Yes my build does survive easily....... I gather as much as I can doing a little circle then pop Gloom, Sentry press and hold Grenades while spamming Spike trap and Caltrops.

Discipline refills almost every second with Grenades and Nightstalker... so perma Gloom even with spamming Caltrops. (only when one Elite left do you have to go easy on Caltrops)

I only ever move if I am standing on top of an Arcon Sentry or in multi poison pools.....

White mobs die within 10seconds.... Elites can take 30seconds
(I have a 6/30% Spike trap SoJ... but I can't be bothered to swap it out for elites...)

I take my time to pick up all the gold / tomes / jewels.... and all 63 level Gold items... so I am never in a hurry to move quickly onto the next mob
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]