Diablo® III

Barbarian HP and Resist Help

Hey, everyone, I'm in need of advice of what to change and modify in my gear to become less squishy and more durable in the heat of battle! I know that around 40K health for a barbarian is quite pitiful since it is a melee oriented and meant for taking hits. My biggest problem is staying alive when faced with elemental damage like pools of that green stuff and those bubbling pits of lava-blood...

My DPS is acceptable right now as I can consistently hit 300K to 600K with Bash and around 1.1M with HotA. I can clear out areas with ease as long as I watch my crowd control and make sure I place myself strategically around the area. Although, I could use some help with how to perma-wrath because it seems like it could boost my efficiency by quite a lot...

My barbarian: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VodHavar-1546/hero/37102441
Reply Quote
For MP10, you would need as close to 500 all resist as you can get. The easiest to add to your all res is to get an IK with all res and life%. You can also improve on your IK gloves. Maybe get one with cc and cd or attack speed and cc.
Reply Quote
When you mean an IK with AR and Life, do you mean a specific piece or the entire set?
Reply Quote
View profile
Vodhavar, you need 2 more slots with ar. A mempo would solve one of your slots, so either one of your rings or your bracers will need AR. You can also get an IK belt which is great EHP, but you'll lose 25k dps

As far as vit goes, you really need about 60k for mp10. So you have to upgrade slowly...just pieces with more vit on them. Stack them as best as you can. Your ammy is also a prime target to upgrade in terms of vit/ar. You should try your hand at crafting.

and for the time being, if you're getting killed on the elemental dmg, switch brawler to superstition.

i'd probably swap out your SOJ for a rare with dps and ehp stats like ar and vit. Soj is only good if you aren't getting killed
Reply Quote
I did some gear swapping and a little bit of amulet and ring shopping. I'm at 65K Health, 6000+ Armor, and 600+ Resists as of now. My DPS dropped a bit by 20K, but my Bash still hits like a truck at 300K and the trusty HotA at 800K. I'll try to snipe some better equipment upgrades for my pieces as I continue to play around.
Reply Quote
Just out of curiosity. Have you ran the numbers to know if the ruby in your skorn will give you a significant increase over an emerald? It is almost always better to have an emerald.
Reply Quote
@VodHavar, you got a good HP & AR now [maintain that if possible], overall upgrade your...

- helm to mempo [you don't need that 3rd set bonus]
- craft shoulder [that's the easiest to craft]
- change your pants to inna's since you're in good AR already + u will have that 12 MS
- craft amulet
- lasty, upgrade your gems.

good luck!
Reply Quote
nice start vod

unlike many noobs here who start off maxing out dps and non stop dying in high mp, i rather have you in my mp10 group than some dumbass barb with 200k dps and low ehp
Reply Quote
10/10/2013 12:58 AMPosted by Takkonen
Just out of curiosity. Have you ran the numbers to know if the ruby in your skorn will give you a significant increase over an emerald? It is almost always better to have an emerald.

I haven't actually run tests on it, but I assumed higher DPS damage would give me a more consistent source of DPS. Is that flawed logic?

@rOnn:

What stats should be on a good pair of Inna's Temperance?

@Lastfighta:

Thanks, buddy! :D
Reply Quote
Update your profile on either d3up or d3rawr and check the #'s. I bet an emerald will outdo it on paper. More importantly, larger crits=more damage=more life.

If you get Inna's pants, just look for as high a vit roll as you can get (they go up to 200).
Reply Quote
10/09/2013 06:56 PMPosted by VodHavar
When you mean an IK with AR and Life, do you mean a specific piece or the entire set?

I meant an IK helm. :-0

But I think non-crit mempos with 200+ strength and 12% life would be better for you.
Edited by MasterPUA#6728 on 10/10/2013 7:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
[quote="101944524212"]@rOnn:

Depends on what you need the most, you can go Vit Innas as high as 200 vit without str, or go balanced 90 vit + 90 str, but it also depends o your budget though. :)
Reply Quote
[quote]
@rOnn:

Depends on what you need the most, you can go Vit Innas as high as 200 vit without str, or go balanced 90 vit + 90 str, but it also depends o your budget though. :)

this kind of Inna sure come with a nice price :)
Reply Quote
nice start vod

unlike many noobs here who start off maxing out dps and non stop dying in high mp, i rather have you in my mp10 group than some dumbass barb with 200k dps and low ehp

So true. A dead Barb deals no DPS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]