Diablo® III

Are the still seven evils or just Diablo now?

After the purpose of the black soul stone was reveled, we saw Diablo become the "Prime Evil". Now that Diablo was defeated, do the demon lord's souls revert to being seven different entities or just one singular entity which is Diablo? If they return to being seven evils and were free what would the other six do to diablo? even now are they fighting as seven entities?or is it just the prime evil now. I'm curious to what are your take on this.
Reply Quote
The 7 souls are trapped in the Black Soultstone as separate entities but there's no telling what is going on in there. I wonder what would happen if some angels were thrown in the mix?
Reply Quote
It's been implied that there are still seven separate entities inside the BSS.
Reply Quote
@DamienJohn or what if malthael isnt going to actually destroy the soulstone, rather embed it into his own body...that would be interesting. @Chris I understand but i'm curious to know is, Diablo has some control over them in there...or if they are truly independent entities in the soul stone
Reply Quote
Diablo consumed the other 6, and although he was defeated, he might still be spiritually whole inside the BSS as the Prime Evil.
Reply Quote
In the RoS cinematic it definitely sounded like multiple voices all whispering to each other, so I'm under the impression that seven are separate within the stone once more. I'm sure the Lesser Evils will be royally pissed at Diablo but not much they could do about it really. I think Diablo's brothers may have been in on the whole plot to recreate the Prime Evil given what we know of their plans in Diablo II.

We've all been playing right into the Three's trap since Diablo I, only now are things potentially out of their control.
Reply Quote
10/15/2013 07:17 PMPosted by DamienJohn
The 7 souls are trapped in the Black Soultstone as separate entities but there's no telling what is going on in there. I wonder what would happen if some angels were thrown in the mix?

We'd get nephalem spirits ! :p
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure they are all separated now. Something like that was hinted at in *cough* some datamined sound files.
Reply Quote
They are separate, but I don't believe that all seven are present in the Black Soulstone. I posted this theory before: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5151720081?page=2#33

TL;DR there could be no 7 inside the Black Soulstone, only Belial and Azmodan (and Diablo after being defeated in Leah's body).

With that in mind, maybe Malthael's issue was to actually find the other 4 Evils, use the Black Soulstone, and destroy all of Hell in one fell swoop (maybe this was why El'Druin couldn't hurt him, as his cause was still just). Malthael could know, as he was the Archangel of Wisdom.
Reply Quote
well look at Diablo him self in Diablo1 and Diablo 2 there not to much that has changed about him but the so called Diablo in 3 does not look at all like the other bodies the demon has in the past but i see parts of azmodan, belial, baal, Mephisto, and diablo all mixed into one demon that is the prime and after all they all were at one point were apart of the dragon Tathamet and tathamet's body formed the foundation of the Burning Hells.
i really think that that the act4 boss has been missed named but from what i get from the lore diablo goal was to remake the prime evil to defeat the remains of Anu

11/21/2013 09:04 PMPosted by Zanyuki
They are separate, but I don't believe that all seven are present in the Black Soulstone. I posted this theory before: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5151720081?page=2#33

TL;DR there could be no 7 inside the Black Soulstone, only Belial and Azmodan (and Diablo after being defeated in Leah's body).

With that in mind, maybe Malthael's issue was to actually find the other 4 Evils, use the Black Soulstone, and destroy all of Hell in one fell swoop (maybe this was why El'Druin couldn't hurt him, as his cause was still just). Malthael could know, as he was the Archangel of Wisdom.

if onlu belial azomdan were in the black soulstone then baal and Mephisto should have respawn from the black abyss around the same time tyreal respawned from the crystal arch. and we be dealing with them after all the soul stones that were meant to keep them locked up and from respawning at the black abyss were destroyed.
Edited by Envy#1790 on 11/28/2013 3:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/28/2013 03:19 PMPosted by Envy

if onlu belial azomdan were in the black soulstone then baal and Mephisto should have respawn from the black abyss around the same time tyreal respawned from the crystal arch. and we be dealing with them after all the soul stones that were meant to keep them locked up and from respawning at the black abyss were destroyed.

There is absolutely no evidence that Baal and Mephisto could respawn at the same timer/rate as that of Tyrael. We only know of Tyrael's because that was practically shoved in our faces.
Reply Quote
12/01/2013 04:15 AMPosted by Zanyuki

There is absolutely no evidence that Baal and Mephisto could respawn at the same timer/rate as that of Tyrael. We only know of Tyrael's because that was practically shoved in our faces.

Even accounting for that, Diablo would have no way to possess Leah in the first place if he was not in the soulstone. While its possible that its only his soul in the stone, I have no idea why Kulle would lie about Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto, and Baal.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/15/2013 07:17 PMPosted by DamienJohn
That's a really interesting question!
Edited by Vaeflare on 12/10/2013 10:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah or throw in a nephalem!? both angel and demon together....

or what would happen if, similar to how Leah was infused with the power of the black soulstone, what if an angel or a nephalem were infused with it as well?
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 12:06 AMPosted by Starblazer
Diablo consumed the other 6, and although he was defeated, he might still be spiritually whole inside the BSS as the Prime Evil.

Tathamet, the first prime evil, split into the 3 great evils, the 4 lesser and the entirety of hell. Anu, the polar opposite of Tathamet, died and formed the world stone, and the Crystal Arch.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Anu
http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Prime_Evil

Just tossing that out there, to be the "Prime Evil" I think the Big D would have to consume the realm of hell itself.
Edited by JesusV2#1317 on 12/16/2013 5:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Leah-Diablo is only consisting of the souls of
:Diablo
:Belial
:Azmodan

the other souls :
-andariel
-duriel
-mephisto
-baal
were not gathered... nor mentioned....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
It was said that Adria wandered and collected the lingering souls of the other 4 evils you mentioned, Silver.
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 11:53 AMPosted by Thugshok
It was said that Adria wandered and collected the lingering souls of the other 4 evils you mentioned, Silver.

Or so she says...
Reply Quote
idk..its gotten so confusing now..

In D2 both Mephs and D's soulstones were smash at hellforge..Baal used his to corrupt the Worldstone..now suddenly Adria has managed to capture all of them except Azmodan and Beliel by her lonesome..
Reply Quote
01/06/2014 08:31 AMPosted by SILVERWEST
Leah-Diablo is only consisting of the souls of
:Diablo
:Belial
:Azmodan

the other souls :
-andariel
-duriel
-mephisto
-baal
were not gathered... nor mentioned....

I thought Tyreal mention all 7 being in there... plus "Leah"-Diablo said she/he was the Prime Evil now(which if i recall is all 7)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]