Diablo® III

Break everything! No, srsly.

I have not played console version a lot because I'm a pretty busy guy, but when I do play... I love breaking things like graves, barrels, ashes, etc. Why? Because I just love breaking things!

But... most importantly, on console it is worth it even if you don't like to do it! Why? Because let me tell you a little secret. Out of the rough estimate of say... 50 legendarys I've found this far, at least 15 have flown out of things you break. So start breaking things!!! You get free loot!
Reply Quote
75 Blood Elf Paladin
I also noticed that a significant percentage of my legendary drops came from destructible containers, dead villagers, and weapon/armor racks. It's definitely fun and worthwhile to smash and activate everything you come across.

Edit:

One thing I always wish Blizzard would add is:

A reward for activating/breaking everything in the Act, it would be awesome if there was some kind of guaranteed drop/reward for exploring and interacting with 100% of the environments!
Edited by ShoknAwe#1176 on 10/8/2013 11:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i have found probably 500 leg and set pieces. i bet over half of them i found in chest. point is - open/break everything.
Reply Quote
Hah, yeah! Exactly. There's a ton of "hidden" treasures waiting to be found this way. It's definitely worth the extra tiny bit of time it takes to do all this. Good posts and additions guys. I forgot about the apprentice.
Reply Quote
i killed the Act3 key warden like an hour ago he dropped 2 legendaries and the weapon rack next to him gave me one too. diablo has always been about breaking vases and searching bodies for loots
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Breaking all the things and looting all the stuff isn't everyone's preferred method of play, but I'm happy to hear that some of you are finding that it's worth your time. Personally, I love smashing breakables in Diablo III console, and have noticed that I have decent luck with finding awesome stuff when I do. Does anyone else try to stick with builds that have a spammable aoe ability just so you can easily break stuff?
Reply Quote
Not me, I can kill mobs quicker than find enough breakables in one place to be worth it.
Edited by Zijar#1926 on 10/8/2013 4:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I like breaking things!!! I also like exploring every inch of an area. I dislike seeing a black spot on the map.
Reply Quote
10/08/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Grimiku
Does anyone else try to stick with builds that have a spammable aoe ability just so you can easily break stuff?

monk w/ Sweeping Wind is a good way to just 'splode everything breakable.
Reply Quote
or just evade through stuff while you run by...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/08/2013 05:03 PMPosted by enem
monk w/ Sweeping Wind is a good way to just 'splode everything breakable.

That's what I'm currently using on console, but it feels like it wears off to quickly without using the Master of Wind rune. However, I think the Witch Doctor's Firebomb - Ghost Bomb is my favorite way to quickly break a lot of stuff.
Reply Quote
disintegrate is awesome for high-speed destruction. just move to a central location and hose it all down.

EDIT - just noticed this was console, my bad.
Edited by papadanko#1115 on 10/8/2013 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Breaking all the things and looting all the stuff isn't everyone's preferred method of play, but I'm happy to hear that some of you are finding that it's worth your time. Personally, I love smashing breakables in Diablo III console, and have noticed that I have decent luck with finding awesome stuff when I do. Does anyone else try to stick with builds that have a spammable aoe ability just so you can easily break stuff?

Awesome!

I didnt know that you guys buffed chances for Legendaries on destructible objects for the PC as well!

I am going to destroy all the props now, man I am so excited for the Legendaries.

Well the legendaries will still suuck hard but at least i get that beam of light omfg! :D
Reply Quote
Typically I break everything, check every body, every rock pile, every container possible, and I never leave any map with any unchecked areas. If I do it right I can use my wizard for most exploration, go archon when I really have to with large mobs or tough elites and keep one sweeping at reasonably high speeds. Only thing with using the archon is I have to go back and pick up all the drops, but I always do. The 40% armor boost of the archon is very helpful in surviving the more difficult boss mobs.
Reply Quote
Does anyone else try to stick with builds that have a spammable aoe ability just so you can easily break stuff?

I do! I am currently trying to level a monk through Hardcore. He is only level 37 so far, but I have used the Sweeping Wind skill with Master of Wind rune for quite a long time. Since it unlocked up until about 2 levels ago. Now I use Tempest Rush with Tailwind rune. This allows me to not only plow through anything breakable, but also fly through a non-populated area very quickly, I love it!
Reply Quote
10/08/2013 05:36 PMPosted by Grimiku
However, I think the Witch Doctor's Firebomb - Ghost Bomb is my favorite way to quickly break a lot of stuff.
That sounds interesting, I'll have to try that out when my Hardcore level 21 WD gets high enough level to unlock that rune. Doesn't it just bounce between breakable objects between any given area automatically? That's pretty cool if so. Just lob a bomb and watch it dance around breaking things for you lol.

I had one hell of a time (in a good way) trying to break over 50 objects for the achievement (in-game, no trophy for it I don't believe). It was far more difficult at low levels, but I pulled it off and I got really excited for it.... I'm such a geek.
Reply Quote
I prefer Witch Doctor's with Fire bomb flash fire rune for breaking all the things. It was the only way I could get the destruction 50 objects achievement .
Reply Quote
Yes! I love this, and it's something I really miss on the PC version.

Breaking random objects and clicking on seemingly unimportant containers to find an amazing item is absolutely one of my favorite things in Diablo. It's amazing to see this return in full force for the console version.

Also cool; watching things explode in general.

Homer: Mmmmmm, physics.
Reply Quote
Edited by Plywood#1527 on 10/11/2013 7:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]