Diablo® III

Blizzard, please give me a reason to buy your expansion

I agree completely with the OP, I played D1 when I was a kid with nothing better to do then play video games. Now that I am an adult and have kids of my own I don't have time for the endless grind. The AH was perfect for a lot of gamers and Bliz is trading us for the hope that they will attract people that have already quit. Dumb dumb dumb.
Reply Quote
Thankfully Loot 2.0 is supposed to lessen the grind.

That said, one could certainly argue that the grind is what an A-RPG is about.
It is games where you grind, so you can grind some more.
For it to be successful, the grind (aka. playing the game) itself has to be fun.
There is nothing beyond the grind, except empty, cold, dark space. /emo mode.
Reply Quote
your TL;DR was TL;DR
Reply Quote
TL:DR is the reason for all this in the first place. Bliz is pandering to the instant gratification crowd of young people these days. They are the same people who whine non-stop about the AH because they were not able to capitalize on it. The people they are going after will be bored with this game well... ALREADY and the people still playing it right now will not have a reason to play anymore after the AH closes. Bye bye D3.
Reply Quote
Oh come on, AH IS that instant gratification.
Reply Quote
10/12/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Shadout
Oh come on, AH IS that instant gratification.

Exactly. They will cry "instant gratification children" in one breath, and in the next justify their RMAH activity with "I have a job and kids. I don't have time to play!". It's like hot and cold with people here.

They are the worst.
Edited by CompleatWych#1423 on 10/12/2013 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/12/2013 02:48 PMPosted by SuperDeath
I agree completely with the OP, I played D1 when I was a kid with nothing better to do then play video games. Now that I am an adult and have kids of my own I don't have time for the endless grind. The AH was perfect for a lot of gamers and Bliz is trading us for the hope that they will attract people that have already quit. Dumb dumb dumb.

Let me ask you something. At what point does one simply step away from something and quietly admit to themselves "I just don't have time for this anymore. Maybe another day."

Do you frequently complain about things you "don't have the time to do", like become a chess master, take a trip to Berlin, take a cruise, or spend all day sleeping? Do you write to companies and demand they change to cater to your time schedule?

Or is this something you only do for video games? You have made the choices to get where you are in your life. You got married, you chose to have children, that's the life you chose. It's not wrong and it's not right. What is immature though is not owning the fact that YOU DON'T HAVE A LOT OF TIME because of CHOICES YOU MADE or just the hand you've been dealt.

If you wanted to make sure you always had time to be the best in every video game ever made then you should have opted out of marriage, married a gamer, opted out of children, opted out of home owning, opted out of a serious "big kid job". Plenty of people do this, just because you didn't doesn't mean no one does.

When I don't have the time to do something, I simply do not. I do not cry about it. The people on these boards claim to be so mature, so well rounded and complete in their life, yet they still come here and whine about how they want the game catered to their whims and schedules.

If you had such a wonderful grasp on "real life" then you would accept that "real life" does not work like that. Not in Sanctuary, not in Alaska, not anywhere.
Reply Quote
Playing this game since Aug of 2012 is hardly instant. It took me a good 6 months to make my first billion on the RMaH. The gratification will be non-existent when it's closed because there will be no reason to play after you beat the game. The AH gave you a reason to stick around. A REAL REWARD. I turned my RMaH gains into real world items that I can have fun with, Like the $200 I Turned into the X-wing miniatures game I bought at Gen-con. I have bought everything I have from that game from flipping on the AH. I will always look at that and smile because it was a fun accomplishment and something my son and I can play together. Bliz is giving in to whiners and killing PC games in the process. This whole move to make the game exactly like the console version is so transparent. Bliz will make them the same experience, then cut out the more costly PC version down the road. Follow the money. Xbox games work on all consoles, PC have to be tuned for many systems=EXPENSIVE. You should be begging for the AH to remain if you want anymore Diablo's on PC.
Reply Quote
10/12/2013 04:11 PMPosted by SuperDeath
Playing this game since Aug of 2012 is hardly instant. It took me a good 6 months to make my first billion on the RMaH. The gratification will be non-existent when it's closed because there will be no reason to play after you beat the game. The AH gave you a reason to stick around. A REAL REWARD. I turned my RMaH gains into real world items that I can have fun with, Like the $200 I Turned into the X-wing miniatures game I bought at Gen-con. I have bought everything I have from that game from flipping on the AH. I will always look at that and smile because it was a fun accomplishment and something my son and I can play together. Bliz is giving in to whiners and killing PC games in the process. This whole move to make the game exactly like the console version is so transparent. Bliz will make them the same experience, then cut out the more costly PC version down the road. Follow the money. Xbox games work on all consoles, PC have to be tuned for many systems=EXPENSIVE. You should be begging for the AH to remain if you want anymore Diablo's on PC.

Because Diablo II was such a long term flop amirite?

Why are you assuming that Blizzard is simply going to axe trading or send us back to trade channels and 3rd party sites? I think they will release something to make trade convenient for us, but I also think they realized that the AH was spiraling out of control.

It hurt the game. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. The AH hurt the core game, alienated a huge audience, and lets face it, the free market failed. It failed because of supply/demand being out of check and it failed because getting gold was as simple as paying a few cents on the RMAH.

This game got almost universal bad press from the AH and RMAH. It was an experiment that blew up in their faces. Why do you assume they won't find a way to implement something better? They have said that the console and the PC version are not alike, along with saying the console loot is not Loot 2.0.

You talk about the X-Wing game you got. Great. I'm going to give you my opinion: your money making ventures have no place in this game. I don't care if you made all the money and donated it to girl's schools in Afghanistan. You play Diablo to grind for awesome gear and trade some around with other players, NOT to cut a sleazy profit that turns the game into a credit card festival.

People did not have incentive to play because of the RMAH. They LOST incentive to play because of the RMAH and inflation of the GAH and poor legendary drops. You say you've been playing since August of last year. I've been playing since Day 1 and LET ME TELL YOU, the negative response was CRITICAL MASS.

The AH and RMAH are going. Good bye and thank you. Blizzard will implement a fairer, better trading system, and if they don't, then I'll probably be done with the game. Not because I like being a Monopoly Miser, but because I enjoy cooperating and players helping players. "Who has moar reel lyfe munnay" is NOT a fair game, nor is it fair on the gold economy when buying/selling gold is perfectly legal.

Blizzard letting this !@#$ fly has permanently damaged the culture of this game.

Also, are you serious about them cutting the PC version? They said just a few days ago that the PC version is the MAIN VERSION of Diablo 3. It is, in the end, going to be the DEFINITIVE experience. Go look up the Blue posts. Cutting D3? lol.... Follow the money... this game sold on consoles a mere fraction of what it did on PC.

Your telling me this game is going to be a ghost town while the reaction to the expansion announcement and all the recent blue posts about things like ladders are telling me the opposite. I'm sorry you won't be able to pay to win anymore.
Reply Quote
And, ok, Super, I feel bad. I don't mean to insult you or to turn this into a personal thing.

I know that you probably love Diablo as much as I do and anyone here, and you simply want to enjoy the game to whatever capacity you can. My feelings are just strong because I really think that the RMAH did nearly destroy what this game should be about at its core, which is finding good loot and enjoying some multiplayer with friends. It has earned the game such a notoriously bad reputation.

I don't mean to sound so harsh and I know I probably do. In a time where a lot of people are struggling with money and the economy, making some cash off of D3 items sounds good in a way, and I lied about the Afghan school comment. I think it's cool that you spent the RMAH money to buy something for you and your son instead of something totally lame and selfish.
Reply Quote
Most people have moved on and I don't think a lot of them will be back. Once you lose them they find something else to play. I doubt people will have much faith in D3 anymore.
Reply Quote
Wow, I have never met anyone as reasonable as you on these forums CompleatWych. I appreciate your response.
Reply Quote
H You are the worst kind of "semi-gamer" and Blizzard should not cater to your kind.

If you want to make money playing a game then go play something else. Anything that is an Esport should be good enough for you. Play LoL, HoN, DOTA, Starcraft 2... Hell you could even start playing MTG.
Playing a game that you don't find enjoyable unless you are making money is just wrong, these games are ment as entertainment not some magic way to make a few quick bucks. Also if you really want to gear other peoples characters then feel free to keep playing and give them tons of the loot you find.

Lastly, the RMAH was hands down the worst idea Blizzard ever had. Enough said.
Reply Quote
Your opinion, there are a lot who found the game fun with the AH involved. I still play and have fun but the fun of beating diablo 50 times wears off right? Maybe it doesn't for you.
Reply Quote
10/12/2013 12:38 PMPosted by TheWolfSage
that would basically pay for my entire investment into D3.

RMAH paid for D3,6 month's of wow,and helped me buy a decent laptop.It was nice while it lasted.
Reply Quote
You're just playing for profit and not even having fun in the process.
That's when you can summon the motivation to play the game.

This clearly isn't a good game for you. I'm amazed you'd even consider buying the expansion pack even if they did keep the RMAH in. Sounds like the entire experience has been a negative one.

Follow your instincts. Uninstall the game never look back.
Reply Quote
Greed? I am simply using what they sold me. The box made a huge deal of the AH being a major selling point. What if Blizzard decided that the monk wasn't working and just cut it out. Wouldn't those who bought the game to play a monk be pissed? People have spent months and months making super monk characters but due to some people whining couldn't Bliz just get rid of them since a lot of since a lot of people complain that they are underpowered. Same for any class and part of the game.
Reply Quote
Because for the low low price of an additional 30 dollars you may get a version of the game that isn't terrible.... maybe. What's not to like?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]