Diablo® III

What's wrong with Diablo 3?

Ok....hold on....were the sheep?

I just wanna get this one across, even though its an insult, I can understand the rest of the earlier insults, but this one doesnt make any sense.

A sheep simply follows the heard, and since I'm for changing the game mechanics while you on the other hand are for keeping the same old mechanics wouldnt that make you the sheep, since your the one following the popular crowd of forums browsers who DO like D3 and DONT want to change it?
Edited by Zalm#1333 on 10/20/2013 4:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Zalm
Ok....hold on....were the sheep?

Of all the things you want to break down, the definition of sheep is what you choose to focus on? *laugh* Still you refuse to listen to the advise of scorch. What to do with you?

A sheep simply follows the heard, and since I'm for changing the game mechanics while you on the other hand are for keeping the same old mechanics wouldnt that make you the sheep,

The changes you are presenting are nothing but petty excuses that you hope will supplement your broken character building. Come on, you cannot even go past MP2 right? Yeah, that post of yours was rather hilarious.

What you need to do is learn how to play.

There is nothing a blind sheep such as yourself can contribute in the world of ravenous wolves. Learn your place. You have presented broken mechanics that will greatly incline in my favor and those at gear-end's favor if you have not noticed. :)

I'll take you seriously (maybe), if you can get past MP2 in those "tank DH" gears of yours. LOL.

10/20/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Zalm
since your the one following the popular crowd of forums browsers who DO like D3 and DONT want to change it?

Popular crowd of the forums? Do i look like the type? Your analogy is rather peculiar.

Troll Hunting MVP
Sanguine Palladian Autonomous Noob Kicker™ (S.P.A.N.K.)
AKA The Black Brigade; We Hunt For Sport ®
Caution: I'm a dude.
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 10/20/2013 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Right, so I just wanted to clear that up. You dont have any idea what your talking about, and you like to throw random insults. Good job on ruining the thread at least. Then again, as such an expert troll, I should have expected nothing less.
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Zalm
Right, so I just wanted to clear that up. You dont have any idea what your talking about, and you like to throw random insults. Good job on ruining the thread at least. Then again, as such an expert troll, I should have expected nothing less.

There is nothing random about you not getting past MP2 in tank gears. Again your obvious inexperience accounts for itself.

10/19/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Zalm
What about a Tank DH? See him too? That’s right, I have over 6k armour, and when I use all my buffs and everything, I break the 10k mark. I have more armour than some end game barbs, but I cant get past MP2. I leterally cant get above that. I get killed. I know you’de like to say its because my gear isn’t the best, or my build is wrong, but honestly, that’s the problem.

I do it so easily even w/o gloom and rapid fire at MP8. So what does that make you then? A noob basically, no?

Learn to play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjpYrmlulVE

I am enjoying this conversation with you, oh so much. :)

Troll Hunting MVP
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 10/20/2013 5:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The entire gaming world is aware of all the flaws Diablo 3 has, Blizzard too, even if they are too proud to recognize it, since it could be taken as a sign of weakness, which is a mistake, more transparency would really help them.

Yes, we all know that from some time now Blizzard is trying to reverse the steam with RoS and the whole RMAH removal, but the damage is done already, we will never have D2 true successor with this game.
The only thing we can hope is that Blizzard devs learned the lessons and bring Diablo 4 back to being the true hack & slash king.

But here's the problem, we all know how slow Blizzard is when making sequels, and with the upcoming games like Heartsone & Heroes of the Storm, not to mention the 3rd Starcraft 2 expansion and the other mmorpg their working on, Diablo 4 development ain't gonna happen soon, meaning what? Meaning that we, the players, will probably have to wait to see if the devs are doing it right and in the meantime we are left with a sour note for a very loooooong time, like 2020 or something like that.

Oh well, let's hope that other Hack & Slashes like PoE, Grim Dawn & Sacred 3 can gives us our smile back.
Edited by Yoomazir#2905 on 10/20/2013 5:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm not sure I would buy the D4, much less RoS. This game doesnt show me any signs of recover if its still entirely gear based. And unless they can change that, and make the game only partly gear based, and partly skill based(either IRL or in game skill) I dont see this game surviving too well past the RoS. Given, like you said, the removal of the AH is a big step, but they need to keep stepping. Its amazing to see Diablo 2 invent the wheel, and Diablo 3 actually find a way to turn that into a cinder block.

Also, I dont see Diablo as a franchise living very long if they take to long to fix their problems while making a 4th. It might die here, with this game, since it lost a huge number of fans with this iteration. They would have to do a pretty big overhaul to fix alot of the issues this game has to make it a worthy successor to the Diablo name, and until they do, those shoes will remain unfilled.

I think the next step they need to take is as I have said many times before, make the game less gear centric, put some of that weight back on skills and make them more customizable. Not customizable as in changing color, but custom builds, like making a niche build that works with any gearing, on any difficulty, and just improves with proper gearing. As it stand now, making a build is all about simply outgearing the content. Once you get top tier, anything goes, and builds dont even matter, while anything other than top tier are stuck in cookie cutter builds, like WOTB and CW/WW.
Reply Quote
I loved D2's skill system way better than D3's system as it is currently, but I understand that it has absolutely no place in D3's design philosophy. Blinding yourself from the merits of D3's skill system and just saying,"Scrap it, I got a better idea" because it sucks right now is not the right approach to take in finding the best solution for this game.

Why not? It worked for the AH.

It doesn't have to be a complete scrap. There are tweaks that could be made to the current system to enable a greater degree of character customization. I threw this random idea out there some months ago:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8518572827

Summary: You can "socket" skills with a star gem (or higher) for a small buff depending on the gem type, with the magnitude of the buff being proportional to gem quality. You lose the gems when you respec, giving some sense of permanence.

Many other similar ideas have been posted.
Reply Quote
See? Exactly like this. Not only does this give us more control over our skills and builds, but also a new gold(gem) sink. I knew there had to be other ideas aside from mine that were good. I just hadnt been on the forums in so long, I didnt know where any of them were.

I like your idea Dogf, and I will read it a bit more thoroughly later, but for now, I'm going to be turning in soon.
Reply Quote
Posted by Yoomazir on my youtube channel.

A video on MP8 just to prove your point over another forum member and trash him over?

For a "tank" DH you were about to die quite a few times, on MP8, tell me, how many aptempts have you made to finally do this video and boast?

You seem to be a very good player, there's no denial in that, doesn't mean DH is balanced bro.

Act 4 Inferno MP10: The Silver Spire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAPIw_1njFw

By banding into a flock, sheep would still not understand the world wolves live in.

As i have said, the mechanics are fine. The problem however are players who just cannot learn how to play the game such as that annoying Zalm who cannot even go past MP2 but suggests ridiculous changes to percentage calculations.

Troll Hunting MVP
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 10/20/2013 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 06:00 PMPosted by Dogf
I loved D2's skill system way better than D3's system as it is currently, but I understand that it has absolutely no place in D3's design philosophy. Blinding yourself from the merits of D3's skill system and just saying,"Scrap it, I got a better idea" because it sucks right now is not the right approach to take in finding the best solution for this game.

It doesn't have to be a complete scrap. There are tweaks that could be made to the current system to enable a greater degree of character customization. I threw this random idea out there some months ago:

Summary: You can "socket" skills with a star gem (or higher) for a small buff depending on the gem type, with the magnitude of the buff being proportional to gem quality. You lose the gems when you respec, giving some sense of permanence.

It's not going to work for the AH. We're either gonna see something that either works like the AH or is so sub par that people wish the AH was back.

Blizzard has a track record of, instead of trying to fix things by small but meaningful iterations, simply going balls deep. IAS was too good? Cut it in half. AH was too good? Kill it entirely. Players killing to fast? Take away resource regeneration.
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 06:00 PMPosted by Dogf

It hasn't worked for the AH yet. We still don't know what they're replacing it with.

The biggest thing that's missing with you and Zalm's presentation is that you aren't really comparing between how it is now and how you want it to be. You're just throwing out how you want it to be, which makes it really hard for me to know just how much you understand the issue.

@Zalm: I know that you think that this game should be a level grind, and not a loot grind. While I completely disagree, I can't even start a discussion until you go more in depth on why you feel it SHOULD be a level grind. Maybe I missed something since there's too much wasted time bantering, but everything I've read from you is based on what you WANT, and not what you believe it SHOULD be.

As an example -> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10196089751

You don't need to agree or disagree with this idea of mine. As for now, it's just an example of how your idea needs to be presented. I showed clearly why I believe it's better for this game to shift from "Free Customization" to "Full Customization, but not easy to do".

I didn't just say, "Free customization sucks, this is how it should be". From your posts, I can only gather something similar: "Loot grind sucks, this is how it should be".
Reply Quote
10/14/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
A lot of people don't necessarily agree with it, and that's a fair position, but we have to think about the integrity of the game, and what's important to the experience, instead of what caters to my lazyness as a player.

I think it's rather dickish to assume that people don't want D2s system because they are lazy, which is a shame because your posts were so well reasoned up to this point. The fact is that I simply do not want to play through the entire game to learn what skills/builds work well, then be forced to start over. Re-playability shouldn't come from being forced to re-level just to try a new build (even in D2 most people skipped the leveling process for their "alts").

If they increase item diversity and improve the replayability at the end game with random maps and such, I believe trying new builds will be where the replayability is at. The basis is already in the game. For example if you get bored of your 0cd WD and want to try a CoB build, you have to find the new gear and you have a different playstyle, yet you skipped the tediousness of re-lving a char. Now they just have to expand greatly on that, which it seems like what they're doing.
Reply Quote
Ok, I prefer the idea of a level grind over a loot grind, but my post isnt about changing that, because it wouldnt. With the change I presented, it would be both, like it was in Diablo 2. You would still have to grind out for your gear, which is totally random and you may find it on day one, you may never find it. But you would also have to grind out levels, which no matter what, you would eventually get it, it would just take time and patience. Right now, with the game the way it is, everything is loot and gear based, which is totally random. Even with loot 2.0, its still going to be a predominately loot and gear based game, which is still going to be completely random. There is little to no actual progression as far as skill go, so skills are nothing but a vehicle to get you where you want to go. Skills should at least be half of your build, the other half your gear. This is why I suggest still focusing your skills off of gear, but also focusing your skills off your level.

Basically, I want this game to be both a loot and level grind, and to be focus on both gear and skills. As it stands, its a complete loot grind, and gear based power. The flexibility is also slightly hinted at with the ability to respec with ever Diablo Kill you get.
Edited by Zalm#1333 on 10/21/2013 5:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I need to know what idea you're referring to. The bantering went on for so long that I don't remember what your suggestion was anymore. Going to sleep now.
Reply Quote
"wah wah, skill permanence QQ"
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 05:49 AMPosted by North2
I need to know what idea you're referring to. The bantering went on for so long that I don't remember what your suggestion was anymore. Going to sleep now.

Thats fine. When you get back up, or before you go to sleep.

Skill Points, Revisited- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006897783?
Reply Quote
View profile
Its just going to get worse with RoS.

Shared paragon making all your toons more powerful. No becoming powerful in their own right after working with them.

Even more powerful drops to appease whiners so we face roll more than we do now. More god mode than ever.

I bought console to get preview and put it up in two weeks after dominating content.

One thing for sure since release they carebear this game more each and every patch so I expect no different on the difficulty side OP. God mode hack.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 10/21/2013 6:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
To a degree, D2 had an epic god mode as well. Cookie cutter builds like the hammerdin and trapassin and ice orb sorc were pretty much god mode in that game too. It just sucks that everyone is god mode in this game, and no one is different.
Reply Quote
D2 god mode felt different.

For one, seeing 8 people completely massacre hundreds of mobs with fireballs, hurricanes, hammers, bone spears was just fantastic to look at.

Now that i mentioned it, why the frak are there no fireballs in D3?
The closest thing to a fireball is the wizards lame purple-orb thing, but that's just ugly and as cool as morning diarrhea.
Reply Quote
Fire balls are exclusive to bad guys and hellfire rings only. More problems with D3 over D2. And god mode doesnt feel much different here than it does there. Less people, but thats about it. I still see a group of 4 barbs WW or explosions from a CW/WW and everything getting destroyed. Its just nicer graphics than god mode D2.

Not to mention, there were always more hammers than anything else in god mode D2. Always. King of the Cookie Cutter Builds. Kinda like now, the go to cookie cutter build is Barb WOTB.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]