Diablo® III

Nyan MP10 farming build improved (w/ LoH!)

Hey guys! <(^^<) Here is a video of a sample of my spec.

http://youtu.be/L8W9zV2I_WM

Yes I am doing Fields of Misery because for some reason everyone else seems to be doing this too when they post their videos. I have no idea why, but I'll just join in the party.

And here is the spec!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#dUVgcX!Zbe!cZaYcZ

And my fap DH

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VocaloidNyan-1582/hero/35159750

The idea is that you want to get some life on hit on your gear (about 500-1k), and then use trail of cinders + cluster grenades to aggro monsters while gaining health back! If you have an item with 25%+ bleed chance, this also helps significantly to aggro monsters!

You will need to have some pick up radius to fully take advantage of the vengeance passive.

Note that my build is very heavy on discipline, so you may require to use night stalker, have a ~70 discipline pool, or legacy natalya's set.

Okay here is a Nyan question :

Why do you gather monsters before you start killing them?

Nyan answer :

The reason why I gather monsters before I start killing them is for a few reasons.

1. I can explore the map faster
2. I get loads of resources from vengeance when in a pack of monsters.
3. I'm gear swapping so I wouldn't bother trying to kill a very small monster pack.
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 10/8/2013 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
just watched this build in action. my monk couldnt keep up. .... more efficient than druin's 2 handed monk build.

insane :o
Reply Quote
10/08/2013 10:31 PMPosted by hmk21
more efficient than druin's 2 handed monk build.

Idk about that...lol
Reply Quote
how much xp/hr you getting?
Reply Quote
10/08/2013 10:38 PMPosted by DaRkCroNo
how much xp/hr you getting?

Idk never bothered to count that.
Reply Quote
Nice vid, Nyan! When you first showed your gear swapping trick, I figured Danetta's Revenge with an amethyst would be a good weapon swap, since LoH like crit chance is calculated on hit and not snapshotted on skill usage. Obviously for you the Nat Redemption makes more sense to get the disc regen, but the Blackthorne set was a great choice as well for the extra EHP and LoH. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!
Reply Quote
Fatum I think it can work for you as well. You are super tanky too :D

You will need a 19 ias deadman's legacy, blackthorn's pants, nat's sight. Maybe get a rare amulet w/ LoH as well?
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 10/9/2013 12:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
attention cat -.- :P
Reply Quote
Vault on Primary Mouse Button. Mind == blown.
Reply Quote
Because you can't put Bombardment on Primary, you won't be able to snapswap :3 Either that or MfD.
Reply Quote
Having two sets of good gear sounds tough when one set of good DH gear cost billions ... >.<
If blizz would allow us to swap weapons on the fly as in D2.

PS: what's the first song you used in your vid, can't get it out of my head :P
Reply Quote
10/08/2013 11:49 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Fatum I think it can work for you as well. You are super tanky too :D

I'm certainly considering it, as I already have reasonable swaps in my stash. I'm just not sure how easy gear swapping is in practice. You make it look so simple, and the swaps are so fast you barely see them in the video. I couldn't tell if that's just because the video is sped up or you're so practiced at it that you can do it in fractions of a second. Or are you using a macro? How many gear pieces do you swap?

Obviously swapping the bow is a must to get the Archery crit bonus. I probably wouldn't want to swap more than 3 more pieces. Otherwise it starts getting unwieldy if your channeling gets interrupted and have to swap again. Which I assume is why you have Smoke Screen. I guess as I get more practiced at it I can add more swap pieces.

My fear is that in the thick of battle I'll spaz during the swap and all my gear will go flying over the battlefield. :) Fortunately much of my gear is BoA if I'm in a pub game.
Reply Quote
10/09/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Fatum
My fear is that in the thick of battle I'll spaz during the swap and all my gear will go flying over the battlefield.

this.
Reply Quote
10/09/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Xelnova
Having two sets of good gear sounds tough when one set of good DH gear cost billions

The gear isn't as expensive as you would think, because on one set you just want high dex, damage, attack speed, and crit damage but don't need CC, whereas on the other set you only care about CC, EHP, and maybe some LoH. And once you start getting into crafting Archon gear (both dex and vit), you'll end up with great swapping material.
Reply Quote
10/09/2013 11:34 AMPosted by hmk21
My fear is that in the thick of battle I'll spaz during the swap and all my gear will go flying over the battlefield.

this.

Add in the chance of getting that very random Disconnection just when you spazzed out ^_^
Reply Quote
Fatum you don't need to gear swap. The concept is still the same regardless of gear swapping or not. The only thing is that my gear swapping is just so that I can have more eDPS on bombardment + resources from legacy nat set.

Having two sets of good gear sounds tough when one set of good DH gear cost billions ... >.<
If blizz would allow us to swap weapons on the fly as in D2.

PS: what's the first song you used in your vid, can't get it out of my head :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYh_ZOXqTBo

Its a cover of a some vocaloid song I think.
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 10/9/2013 12:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey Nyan,

do you know of any good resource threads on gear swapping? I've been becoming keen on learning it for that extra dps to help in ubers.

edit: nvm! I found one in the sticky
Edited by Karma#1277 on 10/9/2013 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
if there weren't the macro I'd consider getting my legacy nats out but don't want to risk anything. ill stick to my usual RF setup.
Reply Quote
How many items do you swap? I could manage just swapping the bow out, but not a whole outfit
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]