Diablo® III

Less people are playing DH now

Do you agree and realize that less and less people are playing DH now?

Since announcement of Paragon 2.0, everyone is busy farming XP. It doesn't matter which toon you use for leveling and ultimately all classes will attain the same Paragon level you achieved after converting to Paragon 2.0.

The favorite class for XP by ranking (in group play):
1) Barb - can reach P100 in less than 50 hr by using WW, Rend-Ravage set up.
2) WD - Locust + BBV
3) Monk - Cyclone Implosion + Overawe
4) Wiz - Archon or Meteor
5) DH - none

This can be witnessed by soaring Skorn prices in AH, with LS + CD.

Just for your information in case if you don't realize it.
Reply Quote
Less people are playing it because other classes are better, it is that simple.

But yes xp is a big factor :P
Reply Quote
So sad but true.

I think a lot of it also has to do with the cost to get a DH to farm effectively.
And even when you think your DH is tough enough, you still don't farm that quick.

I have probably spent a couple billion gold on my DH but it still doesn't farm as effectively as other classes for a fraction of the price.
If you farm with a good party most things are dead before your RF grenades even reach the enemies.

If I solo farmed it would take a couple of seconds longer to kill mobs on MP10 compared to my WD which i probably spent less than 200M on.

It's hard to find a party too because most people prefer to have any of the other classes in their party.
DH is still my favorite class!
Edited by KLAU#1774 on 10/9/2013 4:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ironically enough the opposite is happening on my friends list. Alot of my friends are going for their P500 and need to get their DH to P100, so ive got about 6 friends on my list who have geared up their DH.

And some fun comments from them on Demon Hunters are;

My DH is good when it isn't dead
I need more Disc
I hate Savage Beasts
I Really Really hate Savage Beasts

LOL
Reply Quote
Ironically enough the opposite is happening on my friends list. Alot of my friends are going for their P500 and need to get their DH to P100, so ive got about 6 friends on my list who have geared up their DH.

And some fun comments from them on Demon Hunters are;

My DH is good when it isn't dead
I need more Disc
I hate Savage Beasts
I Really Really hate Savage Beasts

LOL

You further validated the topic. Your six friends placed DH last in their wishlist and have to play it just to achieve 5 diff P100. Once completed, I believe they will roll Barb 1st and no more DH.
Reply Quote
I'm still EXPING my DH's . . . non matter XP or other . . . i love the class ;)

With Baba / WD easy getting ton of Xp . . . but for me not too much funny. . . .

So the "problem" that u are explaining i think is not related just to DH . . .

Simply . . . the only two class that now have better XP Gain with lower cost gear are just two.
WD / BABA . . .
Reply Quote
DH is only fun and fast XP if you can multibox....
Reply Quote
Well, if you still or really want to main DH, getting to P1000 doesn't matter however you do it..just so long that you'd use DH when P2.0 hit.

For example.. I main DH, I'll get her to P100 and then I'll get 9 Barbs to P100 just because it's EASIER.

That's pretty much it.

The difference however is if you'll make 10 DHs and level them all to P100, that'll be awesome and would really be a true testament for DH love.

And lastly, some are already doing that, DiE and Nyan and some others are getting on their 2 or even 3rd(?) DH to P100.

As for me, I just couldn't play much aside the fact that my internet connection is horrible during 10am to 10pm. I could only play beyond 10pm.

But, I have real life and work during the mornings so rests are needed ;)

I might even hire someone to actually play my account to get it to P1000 :3
Reply Quote
I pretty much gave up trying to XP farm every class. I got very bored, very quickly...Im just enjoying playing my DH when i can.
Reply Quote
I agree that less people are playing DH. But it's not a surprising observation. Paragon 2.0 has led to an increase in the priority placed on XP farming, and it just makes more sense to do so on a non-DH when it is so much easier and faster isn't it?

Of course, posting this on the DH forums are going to get you a disproportionate number of pro-DH / I-love-my-DH-no-matter-what responses...
Edited by Skuwak#6428 on 10/9/2013 6:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/09/2013 06:32 AMPosted by Dezzo
DH is only fun and fast XP if you can multibox....

DH legacy is the best PG for ACT 2 "normal MP10" fast run to get leoric signet or barber or genzaniku :P
http://eu.battle.net/d3/it/profile/Babudoiuz-1110/hero/24990898

"shammy & barb" look at my @ss when running :P

DH strafe is one of the best PG for boost other ppl from 1 to 60 ;) (very fast +big AoE = lof of XP)
http://eu.battle.net/d3/it/profile/Babudoiuz-1110/hero/111109

DH can deal a good dmg in party or in solo too with bombardment build ;)
http://eu.battle.net/d3/it/profile/Babudoiuz-1110/hero/30564076

multibox :O... rly i dont like :P

The only problem is ... with shammy & baba u can faceroll da game :P
Edited by Babudoiuz#1110 on 10/9/2013 7:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Of course, posting this on the DH forums are going to get you a disproportionate number of pro-DH / I-love-my-DH-no-matter-what responses...

Actually.. even DH lovers or pro-DH will agree with this :3

It boils down however to the point wherein after getting max PLevel on all 10 chars.. what will you be playing more on. ;)
Reply Quote
I LOVE MY DH NO MATTER WAT AND NYAN SLAPS CAMEO

<(^^<)
Reply Quote
@OP

Disagree. MP7 is loaded with DHs, often doing less than 100k dps.

Begin rant...

As an example. I started public game yesterday Act III. First to join is DH with 60k dps. I type in chat box something like "seriously mp 7 with 60k dps?". No answer.

Next to join was a DH doing 200k. He leaves immediately.

Next up was sorc with 250k-ish dps, then barb with 49k dps. Again (re: barb) I chat why such low dps and that it slows the game down for everyone. No response.

In frustration, I left game with 5 stacks and the kw in close proximity.

Seriously people. I could care less that you can kite and survive mp7, but a carry is a carry.

Be respectful of others. Play the mp that your gear/skill set allows.

End rant...
Edited by esd#1232 on 10/9/2013 7:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Funny this gets posted after I just started playing my DH again after not touching him in a year... At heart my wizard will always remain my main... but lately I've gotten so bored fighting statues or running as Archon and OP permawrath barb can only hold my attention for so long...

So now DH has returned the 'fun' back to the game for me so I don't care how fast or slow the leveling goes.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty bored with all other classes, having alot of fun coming back to playing my beloved dh, thanks to ppl like philos, cameo & vocaloidnyan. Thought of deleting a barb to make a new dh...... but then i chickened out :(
Reply Quote
@Krieg

I think you should seriously consider divorcing MrsKrieg and play with a young, pretty, energetic and bouncy DH.
Reply Quote
I pretty much gave up trying to XP farm every class. I got very bored, very quickly...Im just enjoying playing my DH when i can.

+1

It is pretty much this.. I play the game for combat and the loot is just a small reward, so it will take me some time until I hit another p100.
Reply Quote
as someone already stated, other classes are simply better.
Dh doesn't offer anything good in groups and he farms as much slower pace in higher mp levels. Lets not forget it costs far more effort to gear dh to farm at slower pace compared to building another class at much lower cost which would farm at much effective pace. So which would you choose? Its rather ineffective class overall.

long range class which plays as melee class, and its main attack being buffed to only force it to face tank is another problem as well. The class is poorly deigned and after seeing latest datemined changelog regrading DH its not looking good. (I know those weren't official notes)
I'm just not happy seeing the slight and tiny buffs to our class to have much hope - so I hope some data is missing to make me think otherwise but until I see better data, the current one we saw is rather looking bad for us.
Reply Quote
as someone already stated, other classes are simply better.
Dh doesn't offer anything good in groups and he farms as much slower pace in higher mp levels. Lets not forget it costs far more effort to gear dh to farm at slower pace compared to building another class at much lower cost which would farm at much effective pace. So which would you choose? Its rather ineffective class overall.

long range class which plays as melee class, and its main attack being buffed to only force it to face tank is another problem as well. The class is poorly deigned and after seeing latest datemined changelog regrading DH its not looking good. (I know those weren't official notes)
I'm just not happy seeing the slight and tiny buffs to our class to have much hope - so I hope some data is missing to make me think otherwise but until I see better data, the current one we saw is rather looking bad for us.

Technically, those datamined logs are making DHs go for Artillery based again. Doing more damage WHENEVER they are moving. Sure they are also increasing it's Tank capabilities by some means.

Though the changes in some skills are pushing DHs to actually play RANGED.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]