Diablo® III

Less people are playing DH now

My DH has been stuck in the 80's for at least 6 months now.

I can't even be bothered to PLevel ANY character. All my characters have been hovering near their current plevel for months. Pretty much I log in, kill some monsters for fun, check the AH, log out. Grinding this game is the last thing I'd do at this point.
Edited by OhHellzNo#1945 on 10/9/2013 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
as someone already stated, other classes are simply better.
Dh doesn't offer anything good in groups and he farms as much slower pace in higher mp levels. Lets not forget it costs far more effort to gear dh to farm at slower pace compared to building another class at much lower cost which would farm at much effective pace. So which would you choose? Its rather ineffective class overall.

long range class which plays as melee class, and its main attack being buffed to only force it to face tank is another problem as well. The class is poorly deigned and after seeing latest datemined changelog regrading DH its not looking good. (I know those weren't official notes)
I'm just not happy seeing the slight and tiny buffs to our class to have much hope - so I hope some data is missing to make me think otherwise but until I see better data, the current one we saw is rather looking bad for us.

Technically, those datamined logs are making DHs go for Artillery based again. Doing more damage WHENEVER they are moving. Sure they are also increasing it's Tank capabilities by some means.

Though the changes in some skills are pushing DHs to actually play RANGED.

as someone already stated, other classes are simply better.
Dh doesn't offer anything good in groups and he farms as much slower pace in higher mp levels. Lets not forget it costs far more effort to gear dh to farm at slower pace compared to building another class at much lower cost which would farm at much effective pace. So which would you choose? Its rather ineffective class overall.

long range class which plays as melee class, and its main attack being buffed to only force it to face tank is another problem as well. The class is poorly deigned and after seeing latest datemined changelog regrading DH its not looking good. (I know those weren't official notes)
I'm just not happy seeing the slight and tiny buffs to our class to have much hope - so I hope some data is missing to make me think otherwise but until I see better data, the current one we saw is rather looking bad for us.

Technically, those datamined logs are making DHs go for Artillery based again. Doing more damage WHENEVER they are moving. Sure they are also increasing it's Tank capabilities by some means.

Though the changes in some skills are pushing DHs to actually play RANGED.

we can play range now but how effective is it at higher mp levels? stats are being capped, mp system most likely will be changing and seeing them buffing rapid fire further more makes me wonder more of the same will be happening. All the changes and we might be back at where we're now.

until we see better data the current one isn't good for us. within a month everything will be known though so i seriously hope we have viable specs at higher mp levels without being forced to tank, especially with rapid fire. And be more useful in groups!

edit no idea why it quoted twice lol
Edited by Krak#1139 on 10/9/2013 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I feel that once sharagon hits, the difference between 10 para 100 and 5 para 100 is gonna be so minimal (perhaps 20 - 30 lvls if even) and that the xp bonus will vastly increase, as a result, lvling right now is pointless.

just play for whatever purpose...in my opinion, there isn't one right now. I will sit tight until the xpac hits...
Edited by Killua#1993 on 10/9/2013 11:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/09/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Krak
we can play range now but how effective is it at higher mp levels? stats are being capped, mp system most likely will be changing and seeing them buffing rapid fire further more makes me wonder more of the same will be happening. All the changes and we might be back at where we're now.

Talk to DiE for that :3

The problem with efficiency per se is that we're comparing it with other classes that we already have taken into heart that THEY are better in terms of speed farming and.. well. OVER ALL.

But if you'll compare DH to DH skill builds only.

DiE's Build can do MP10 quite well. It needs constant attention though..

ANYWAYS>. this will just get longer and longer as we explain it again and again :))

TL:DR

We can play Range in MP10. But it's EASIER to play Melee in MP10. So why bother?
Reply Quote
Yeah, everything´s been said already. The difference between exp farming my DH, Wiz, WD and Barb simply makes me sad.

It´s crazy if you think about it. My paragon 69 DH is worth 3,939,840,000 experience. If I deleted it (which I won´t do of course) and ran a Barb in a party, I´d get to that level in like 13 hours. Note that I already have 3 Barbs at p100 from the pre-RoS-exp-farming-fever era (which noone will believe that I achieved solo) and my 4th is at p92 right now...

The DH lacks a reliable pull, a strong medium/large AoE DoT, its best mobility is tied to a passive. I can´t make a build work like a synergy with more sources of damage without Vengeance and Nightstalker as I like Jagged Spikes too much, so no offensive passives gimps my potential damage output.

I really like my DH the cutie but it feels like a chore when I also have experience with my other characters. Don´t get me wrong, gathering a group of monsters and blowing them up with Grenades-Bear-Jagged-Shuriken (or Bola-Demolition-Jagged-Shuriken) is amazing but I do that on MP6 lol and it takes relatively longer than my Archon wiz on MP8 (also, Blizzard-running at MP7 works fine as well), not to mention the WD´s pull and CoB are so broken it´s able to run MP10. I won´t even talk about my Barb which I put most of playtime into and has the best gear out of all my chars...

Please don´t start lol l2p nub haha resource issues but remember that not everyone has billions to throw around and my gear is not that bad, actually. Maybe I´m just stupid for not using Bombardment...

Sorry Nyan, I know you´re amazing and it´s super fun and a pleasure to run with you, but I simply don´t want to swapsnapshot :/

Oh well, the DH should be much better in RoS if they don´t totally mess up life sustain after the SP nerf (getting rid of LS). Hopefully stuff like Jagged Spikes gets some sort of proc coefficient again and stuff.

End of my "sigh".

Anyone have ideas about how to play the DH to make it worthwhile in a party?
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 10/9/2013 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/09/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Nubtro
Anyone have ideas about how to play the DH to make it worthwhile in a party?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WjgVQh!XbU!abcZZZ
This is a good build for party play

All you do is keep loading damage on to enemies while replenish your resource with punishment. Start attacking when you see the mobs to optimize the damage you can make.
Reply Quote
After posting I went back to playing DH lol, I really enjoy it and that´s the most important thing. I´m currently testing Nyan´s Twin Chakram + Bombardment and it´s seems to kill faster than what I used before, I just have to learn how to play it efficiently without snapswapping and legacy nats.

Thanks Kirus I´ll test that one as well.
Reply Quote
10/09/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Nubtro
Sorry Nyan, I know you´re amazing and it´s super fun and a pleasure to run with you, but I simply don´t want to swapsnapshot

<(^^<)

For party play, I sometimes like to use caltrops -> tort ground when there is no cm wizard or cyclone strike while tanking with the team, or have mark for death.
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 10/9/2013 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Refusing to use our highest dealing damage skill, and not optimising a build round that, and then complain that the class is so inefficient completely makes no sense since you have amplified the problem yourself.
Reply Quote
10/09/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Zito
Refusing to use our highest dealing damage skill, and not optimising a build round that, and then complain that the class is so inefficient completely makes no sense since you have amplified the problem yourself.

Artificial inflated paper dps in profile with SA and BT will not solve DH's real problem of competing with other classes like Barb who can farm 400 mil XP per hour.

I don't blame people who has not venture into other classes for making such statement because of shallow gameplay experience.
Reply Quote
10/09/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Cameo
Barb who can farm 400 mil XP per hour.

D3tox and chaz are inhuman barbs so they don't count :D
Reply Quote
Just a couple of a days ago in mp10 Pub act 3, team up with 3 other DH.

It was quite an epic team as all 4 of us are using different weapon.

Manticore/DML
Cala/DML
Windforce/DML (feel like kicking his butt since his attack push mob away from my trap)
DW (me)

All are quite capable, only remember one of them is IKAROS since I saw his name quite a number of times in forum.
Reply Quote
Barb who can farm 400 mil XP per hour.

D3tox and chaz are inhuman barbs so they don't count :D

LOL, I have already done 450mil XP Hr on a lucky occasion with my barb grouping with EndLessBarb, a WD and another barb.

Generally, you will get 70-75mil XP per crypt + FOM run in 12-14 min.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10160436198
Edited by Cameo#6595 on 10/9/2013 8:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Don't get me wrong.. using RF-Bombardment with SP, if that's what you are talking about, makes me fall asleep.

The game's so boring as is.

Personal reason why I don't run SP-RF combo is mainly because of that. If I want to get any character to 100, Nub's right, just play Barb or something.

Then again.. playing Piano Wiz and Hulk-Smash Button Barb is kinda boring too :3

To each his own.
Reply Quote
I pretty much gave up trying to XP farm every class. I got very bored, very quickly...Im just enjoying playing my DH when i can.

^This
Reply Quote
Started with Barb, got it to 60, played around a bit and decided to try out DH.. Can't go back to Barb ever since.
Reply Quote
I LOVE MY DH NO MATTER WAT AND NYAN SLAPS CAMEO

<(^^<)

NYAN
Reply Quote

You´re right that it was a "defeatist" way of posting, but I don´t think DH are completely inefficient. I just mentioned less efficient compared to some other classes when it comes to exp farming, based on my personal experience and data I collect.

Actually, I´d be interested in what kind of exp per hour gains the optimized, amazingly geared DHs are able to achieve, both solo and in a party and what setup they use.

I´m not the type to give up and I´ll test every possible combination of skills I can think of to figure out what works best for me. I do want to level my DH and I will find a way to do it efficiently relative to other classes or get to 100 before figuring it out.

I´ve discussed this with Nyan last night and I switched over to Bombardment, just have to optimize it to my liking without snapswapping and without legacy nats.

As for gathering mobs, I believe Razor Disk works better than Twin Chakram due to its trajectory.

Hungering Arrow is bad because it stops midway and is homing in on nearest targets. Entangling Shot isn´t ideal because it slows the targets that are supposed to come to you to meet their doom, not to mention the missile itself feels relatively slow.

Grenades have somewhat limited range (distance) and a slight delay before they hit but Cluster Grenades are quite useful for resource gen, among other things. I´ll check if Fire Bomb isn´t best suited for this job though.

As for Bola Shot and its delayed explosion runes, in Fields I often get the feeling that only the main target starts to move towards me and the explosion doesn´t always alarm the others (mostly noticeable vs leapers). I guess Acid Strike could perform better.

Anyway, I´ll work on it. Btw. is there any sort of data/comparison about the distance DH missiles are able to cover before disappearing?
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 10/10/2013 1:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You made Nubtro angry.. now wait and suffer before his almighty numbers!!

Joking aside, Nubtro's one of those people you wouldn't want to mess with when it comes to experimenting about things and more so if numbers are included.

zoid too for that matter >_<

Anyways.. I'd go for Twin though Nub, mainly because it has more AoE in it. Razor is however great in instantly luring mobs since it's an almost instant hit.

However, Twin will encompass a larger AoE and somewhat a throw-and-forget kind of skill when luring.

Bleed adds into its benefit since if mobs are bleeding, they'll run towards you.
Reply Quote
10/10/2013 01:15 AMPosted by Nubtro
As for Bola Shot and its delayed explosion runes, in Fields I often get the feeling that only the main target starts to move towards me and the explosion doesn´t always alarm the others (mostly noticeable vs leapers). I guess Acid Strike could perform better.

The leaper that has the bola latched will leap first, and usually the rest of the leapers will follow.. Sometimes, a couple of the leapers will decide to burrow instead of following the first leaper. That's what I noticed anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]