Diablo® III

Book of Tyrael

Anyone else think it wasn't that great? Nothing to major was reveled or discussed that we didn't already know.
Reply Quote
Yeah, it wasn't terribly revealing, but I'm not disappointed. It had some great info expansion, and I loved the artwork. The insert it came with is absolutely amazing as well. I may frame and hang it. I will be rereading it pretty much immediately, trying to find any pieces I may have gleamed over the first time.

A few of the major questions it raised for me were:

Were Adria and Maghda... more than friends?

Are there any angels marked for the BSS, waiting for the summoning spell? Tyrael by Adria? Auriel by Rakanoth? Imperius by Diablo?

Maybe I'm forgetting something mentioned in The Order, but is this the first time that it has been mentioned that Deckard Cain has a deceased child?

If the BSS was in fact forged from the bones of a "legendary nephalem," could it be from one we already know of? Linarian? Bul-Kathos?

One other thing that jumped out at me was the appearance of Prince Aidan on the Red Tree of Khanduras. I'll be damned if he doesn't look exactly like the traditional concept of Jesus. I mean, with all of the history they had on Zakarum, it wasn't difficult to find parallels to Christianity, but the similarity here is too great to ignore.

I hope they make at least one more publication like this. I am still begging for the Books of Kalan!
Edited by Chris#1235 on 10/10/2013 11:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
After flipping through the BoT quickly again, I found a few more questions to ask.

In the figured of interest section, there are tons of entities listed. Nearly all of them we already have been introduced to in one way or another. But there are two that, as far as I know, we have not. Morbed and Ardleon. Normally, I wouldn't really think much of it, but they stick out so much when stuck between characters we already know. These characters are indeed new right? I'm not just forgetting something. They must have a role in The Storm of Light or Reaper of Souls.

Left of the page that talks about Malic, Maluus, and Maghda, there is a picture of an unidentified man. Who is this man?

On page 52, there is a picture that shows the Angiris Council dealing somehow with the Black Soulstone. Tyrael is clearly depicted, as is Imperius. Three other Angels stand nearby as well. Two of those three are presumed to be Auriel and Ithereal. But who is the last? Was a new Aspect of Justice appointed?
Reply Quote
Don't get me wrong, it was a good read. However, I felt more would be revealed. Maybe I just like Book of Cain better..........
Reply Quote
10/10/2013 10:07 PMPosted by Chris
One other thing that jumped out at me was the appearance of Prince Aidan on the Red Tree of Khanduras.

So Aidan shows up again? It kinda implies that he will make an appearance in RoS, perhaps as a ghost or maybe his soul is stored in Black Soulstone ;)
Reply Quote
10/11/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Matius
So Aidan shows up again? It kinda implies that he will make an appearance in RoS, perhaps as a ghost or maybe his soul is stored in Black Soulstone ;)
Mmmmm I'm afraid you've misunderstood me. The Red Tree of Khanduras is a poster-like insert that came with the book. I was commenting on his physical appearance on the poster.
Reply Quote
I know that you didn't meant that. But many times it happens that when some character appears often in out of games media, he shows up eventually in game.

In Book Of Cain we got a solid backstory and the name of the Dark Wanderer, in Book Of Tyrael he appears again, I read somewhere that he showed up in some other book aswell. Just my speculation.
Reply Quote
10/10/2013 10:07 PMPosted by Chris
Are there any angels marked for the BSS, waiting for the summoning spell? Tyrael by Adria? Auriel by Rakanoth? Imperius by Diablo?

I'm not surprised you raise this question, when Zoltun Kulle told us that the BSS can hold the souls of demons AND angels I knew it had some type of greater significance. I've got a feeling it will be a major plot mechanic in Expac 2.
Reply Quote
10/12/2013 03:54 AMPosted by DamienJohn

I'm not surprised you raise this question, when Zoltun Kulle told us that the BSS can hold the souls of demons AND angels I knew it had some type of greater significance. I've got a feeling it will be a major plot mechanic in Expac 2.

Expac 2? I don't think that's gonna happen, unless you know something I don't.
Reply Quote

Expac 2? I don't think that's gonna happen, unless you know something I don't.

Two expansion packs are planned but obviously that will all depend on RoS sales. A Blizzard product slate (confirmed to be legit) was leaked a few years back and it listed two expansions for Diablo 3. Also, you'll notice that a lot of the information posted directly from Blizzard refer to RoS specifically as Diablo 3's first expansion.
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 10/13/2013 5:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/13/2013 05:57 AMPosted by DamienJohn
Two expansion packs are planned but obviously that will all depend on RoS sales. A Blizzard product slate (confirmed to be legit) was leaked a few years back and it listed two expansions for Diablo 3. Also, you'll notice that a lot of the information posted directly from Blizzard refer to RoS specifically as Diablo 3's first expansion.

Well, color me surprised if they do a 2nd expansion.

I mean, we know D3 has arleady the spots for each Act where the mystic vendor is going to be, and the Crusader class is gonna fulfil the ratio of 2 dex, 2 int, 2 str classes.
Not to mention the RoS leaked classes ending cutscenes leaving not much room for interpretation (at least in my view).

Unless Blizzard plans to do a " WoW Cataclysm" for D3, I really don't see what they could give us.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Adria and Mahgda being a thing. Heavily implied.

Also them apparently being connected to Duriel and Andariel I find interesting as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]