Diablo® III

Meet n Greet (Barbarian Style)

I might have slightly exaggerated in the beginning of this thread of how good looking I am. But I am old. Grandfather old! 55 years old!

You aren't the only older player, BTW 55 isn't that old anymore.

I live in Newcastle, WA. Right place right time with jobs (I worked in the Tech Industry), so I don't have to work anymore, which is nice since I can do whatever the heck I want whenever the heck I want to. I get out and take a few pictures every now and then. Here is an example: http://i39.tinypic.com/aazkbb.jpg
Reply Quote
@GenghisKhan

Wow! Nice picture. Where was it taken?

PS I visit Puget Sound 3-4 times a year (I'm in aerospace). Beautiful area.
Reply Quote
Wow! Nice picture. Where was it taken?

Thanks. It is from the Alabama Hills, which of all places to be is in the Eastern Sierra of California, not Alabama. They film a lot of movies in this area, last major one I remember is Iron Man. The area was supposed to be Afghanistan.
Reply Quote
Another fellow Albertan here from Canada. I live in the city of Edmonton, also known for the Edmonton Oilers, Wayne Gretzky and Warren Moon. Oh, we also have lots of oil in Alberta.

I've been playing Blizzard games since Warcraft, Diablo and StarCraft... the first games in the series.
I
n Diablo I was a Frozen Orb Wizard, in Diablo II I was a Bowazon, and in Diablo III I am a Barbarian and a Monk.

I'll admit that some of the changes in RoS scare me, but for the most part I am very excited to play the upcoming expansion. I will continue to play my Barbarian but I am also going to be building a Crusader.

I am a recent father of 3 months to a beautiful girl and have since discovered that playing games is not as easy.. and not even sure what date nights are anymore (at least until our daughter gets a little older).

My dad (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tsunami-1143/hero/13425397) is also 55. When I head over to his place we will do D3, Pool and sometimes Kinect.
Edited by Kurama#1461 on 10/11/2013 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm 12 and what is this?
Reply Quote
Did tom stink up the place? Or did barbs all of a sudden become shy? :P
Reply Quote
Maybe they're afraid of an upset koala?
Reply Quote
O.K. Tom, let me break it down for you. "Meet n Greet" (Barbarian style) is where you go and tell your fellow Barbs a little something about yourself. Not intimate details about your life (unless you care to share with total strangers) but tidbits of information so the rest of us can better understand how you come up with those zany and at times perverted comments. I mean, we all know who Tom Cruise is. But do we REALLY know who TomCruise is?
Edited by Argos#1307 on 10/12/2013 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Many moons ago I was born in a tiny village that you never heard of. At the age of two my entire village was wiped out by a terrible storm. I was the one and only survivor. To my luck I befriended a bear that raised me until the age of 12. At 12 I joined a ban of gypsies that like to travel. At 21 I made millions off of selling Florida swamp land. Later I had a brief prison sentence over some tax fraud charges. According to the courts being raised by bears and gypsies is not a valid excuse. Anyhow today I spend my time fighting in the never ending battle against Diablo and his minions. We can not let him win. In closing I would like to invite you all to my party. Toga! Toga! Toga!
Edited by Ablic#1459 on 10/12/2013 10:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am Death, I am a force of nature. I cannot be stopped, reasoned with or avoided.....one day you all will feel......err Oh um, too dark? ok ok fine......:P

I'm a South FL native been a avid gamer since the Atari 2600 days, and was a huge fan of previous Diablo games. I mainly play this game or Super Street Fighter 4 AE on Xbox of which I am almost equally as devoted to. (C'mon Ultra SSF4!)

I also hold a 4th Dan in Tang Soo Do of which I have studied for over 21 years. I have also been dabbling in various other martial arts for most of my life such as Kendo, Shotokan Karate, and Kali. Thanks to my oldest uncle who is a 7th Dan in Tang So Do who got me started in martial arts it's been a part of my life since longer than I can remember.
Edited by Death#1408 on 10/13/2013 12:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1st Dan Kung Fu, Binh Dinh style. Hand to hand, sword and spear.

Used to teach the young grasshoppers in the School.
Reply Quote
I am Lothar...of the Hill people

Also I am 41, live in VA and am a rabid gamer for 30+ of those years.
Reply Quote
@Death, Morpheus you guys are more dangerous irl than in the game. I will take care not to insult you.

I tried karate and aikido myself, but didn't stick with them. I didn't mind the hard training, but I didn't enjoy the benefits enough to keep going. Maybe one needs the right sort of personality. I used to do a ton of running, and now I do heaps of gym work, and those are also things that some people can't stick with. One of my old (very old) school reports said "gooball prefers individual sports".
Reply Quote
It takes me days to get the time to post - This is already down several pages into the forum!

Bovie here same name as my D2 barb - Been playing Computer games since they were invented. (no lie) California boy moved to the Space coast of Florida. Spent 25 years on a launch pad in Vandenberg CA launching spy satellites (Aerospace geek engineer). Now I can relax and kill stuff.(on screen)

Saw Death's post earlier - Only Barb I took some pointers off his build, 85000 kills means something!

Breed reptiles -Play Games- Growing old with my wife of 41 years (met her in 7th grade - Yeah we are 62!)
Best times are Me, the wife, my daughter and her husband play together in D3. 4 person games are a blast when everyone knows everyone's style.

Worried a little about ROS Barb skills - But I'll get the Crusader up to 70 in no time.
Reply Quote
10/13/2013 03:05 PMPosted by gooball
@Death, Morpheus you guys are more dangerous irl than in the game.

No kidding. I'd also tried karate but couldn't stick with it, but I've been hitting the gym 5 days a week consistently for many years without issue.

Native of the northeast, but I've lived in all 4 corners of the US (except SoCal...but NorCal is close enough)

I live near Portland, OR atm, working in the computer industry. I'm new to the Diablo franchise and surprisingly don't really have a very long history of gaming in general.
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 02:30 PMPosted by silverfire
I live near Portland, OR atm, working in the computer industry.

Really?? Not sure if you saw my post from earlier in the thread, but I live in Portland as well. I grew up on the coast in Astoria and moved here in '02.
Reply Quote
Growing old with my wife of 41 years (met her in 7th grade - Yeah we are 62!)
Best times are Me, the wife, my daughter and her husband play together in D3.

This is awesome. Also, seems like quite a few people who play D3 are in the aerospace field.
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 02:30 PMPosted by silverfire
I live near Portland, OR atm, working in the computer industry.

10/18/2013 03:13 PMPosted by Takkonen
Really?? Not sure if you saw my post from earlier in the thread, but I live in Portland as well. I grew up on the coast in Astoria and moved here in '02

You two live near one of the most beautiful places in the country, the Columbia Gorge. If you haven't visited, it is especially beautiful this time of year.
Reply Quote
Yes, and very windy as well. You're right though, it's very nice out there.
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Takkonen
Yes, and very windy as well. You're right though, it's very nice out there.

Yeah, can get really windy the farther east you go. I was talking about this part of the gorge for fall.

http://i44.tinypic.com/23hrlzq.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/11rvyoi.jpg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]