Diablo® III

Crypt/Solo Build

Hey, I'm recently coming back to my DH and I'm just looking for pointers on building for crypt groups as well as solo. What's the current go-to build? I'm looking to farm mp10 efficiently and have ~2b to spend.
Reply Quote
I would use something like this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#dhVgcX!bYe!YZaccZ

I'm rapid fire !@#$% so that's what I would use. You can have variants and etc but the idea is that you will have many resources from vengeance so try to take advantage of that, don't be slow so using shadow glide works. This may require you to be tanky though.

You can try various builds so don't take my word for it ^.^ no everyone likes bombardment lol
Reply Quote
Thanks for that build, I'll check it out, seems a little weird with just 1 main ability though no?

Using a Manticore, what's the recommended aps/cc to keep up SP:G? Is that still a thing? The last time I played was half a year ago lol.
Edited by timoseewho#1824 on 10/9/2013 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am running a variant Nyan spec in crypts at MP10 and it is VERY NICE
Reply Quote
Oh ya in terms of aps, I recommend 2.001 aps breakpoint for manticore. Here is an example from my gearing service (requires 11 ias manticore and 64 ias on the gear):

9 ias witching hour
9 ias mempo
9 ias gloves
8 ias inna's temperance
9 ias ring
20 ias quiver

Which should add up a total of 64.

Note that this lets you use an amulet without attack speed, use crafted bracers instead of lacuni's, and have another ring that doesn't have ias such as a stone of jordan. For crypts you want to have a more dps ring. I would still recommend to have at least 1 max discipline item (maybe max discipline on cloak?)

<(^^<)

I forgot to reply to this thread whoops lol. You dont need to keep up SP gloom all the time since you can snapshot the life steal on rapid fire, and you will have plentiful of resources from vengeance.
Edited by VocaloidNyan#1582 on 10/10/2013 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I use a bombardment build as well, but with shuriken cloud: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#ecRgYh!ecb!ccZacZ

I have a 1.2b demon hunter, so well within your budget:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VvT76-2714/hero/11439645

My gear is focussed on 50% crit chance on items, 15% crit chance between quiver and stone of jordan (you need the extra discipline). The final 10% comes from caltrops - bait the trap. From there on out, I try to get as much crit damage (hence the non-cc natalya's reflection).

My routine:
- Cast bat for the hatred (lasts until death or end of run)

First pack (or 1 monster, it's about activating shuriken cloud):
- Cast shadow power (to snapshot life steal)
- Cast shuriken cloud (this will snapshot life steal for 2 minutes)

Then I run around, 'tagging' monsters, so they'll follow me. Life steal snapshotted shuriken cloud makes sure I tick some life regen while I do that. When I have assembled a good group of enemies, I:
- Cast shadow power
- Cast shuriken cloud (refresh)
- Cast caltrops for the extra 10% cc
- Cast marked for death where the most enemies are

Before the first bomb hits, shuriken cloud ticks a couple of times to make up for the initial down time (this can be crucial!). I go for larger groups, because the life steal ticks from shuriken cloud are greater, the cast of shadow is pretty expensive and the time between groups gives you enough time for hatred and discipline to fill up, so you don't need preparation. Bigger groups leave more health globes, so your resources are filled up pretty quickly as well.

MfD adds 10% extra damage, my cold stone of jordan and enchantress chill and freeze enemies for 15% extra damage from cull the weak. The main reason for the enchantress is the extra 3% attack speed that brings me over the 2.001 breakpoint. She gives a 5% armor buff as well and with an azurewrath, she freezes more often than the scoundrel.

For smaller groups, I don't need to invest 14 discipline in shadow power; shuriken cloud keeps me alive.

Stuff melts! Elites too

The only downside is you don't get to bring vault and you need night bane for the hatred regen. I usually die to cockiness and chargers. You need to anticipate moves, because there is no oh crap button in this build.

Build in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY3dAuYCSh4
Reply Quote
@ VvT76

Nice vid and performance :-)

Some pickup radius would be a great supplement.
Maybe you could even switch night bane for gloom then and shuriken cloud for vault if you wanted (possibly also switching 70 dex on quiver for 10 more discipline).
Reply Quote
Thanks Rudi! Shuriken Cloud is here to stay, since that is another source of life regen, but I might consider gloom over night bane.
Reply Quote
Oh ya in terms of aps, I recommend 2.001 aps breakpoint for manticore. Here is an example from my gearing service (requires 11 ias manticore and 64 ias on the gear):

9 ias witching hour
9 ias mempo
9 ias gloves
8 ias inna's temperance
9 ias ring
20 ias quiver

Note that this lets you use an amulet without attack speed, use crafted bracers instead of lacuni's, and have another ring that doesn't have ias such as a stone of jordan. For crypts you want to have a more dps ring. I would still recommend to have at least 1 max discipline item (maybe max discipline on cloak?)

<(^^<)

I forgot to reply to this thread whoops lol. You dont need to keep up SP gloom all the time since you can snapshot the life steal on rapid fire, and you will have plentiful of resources from vengeance.

You can get the breakpoint with a 10 attack speed manticore and one 8 attack speed piece, if you get the enchantress. She makes up for 3% attack speed, but you won't get the breakpoint in multiplayer though.
Reply Quote

<(^^<)

You can get the breakpoint with a 10 attack speed manticore and one 8 attack speed piece, if you get the enchantress. She makes up for 3% attack speed, but you won't get the breakpoint in multiplayer though.

I thought about that when I pushed to a higher breakpoint, but you lose the attack speed bonus if she dies right? I would hate to have a huge bulk of my damage go away because of HER!
Reply Quote
Yeah, you do. But check her tankiness in my profile :) I never have her die on me

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VvT76-2714/hero/11439645
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]