Diablo® III

Wizards Meet & Greet

Vaeflare
  • I have a cat who knows about 15 tricks and walks on a leash, and often comes to work with me.

• Truly you are a mistress of the dark arts. I am in awe.
    Edited by mzy#1101 on 10/14/2013 2:52 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Hey now,
    My name is Joe and I live in the Washington, D.C. area. I am a computer consultant and am fortunate enough to have worked on some really interesting projects over the years.

Before all that, many moons ago I started a computer club up at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA. The club put together a team that competed and placed second in a nationwide tournament (HeatCIGL, now defunct) in first person shooter games (Quake 2, Unreal Tournament, et cetera). I worked with some amazing folks to grow the club to over 125 members and we eventually held our first ever LAN party on campus - what a hoot that was! It was a lot of work to get things started but we were able to help some other college student gaming organizers across the U.S. to put together efforts to host their own computer clubs. Today the CMU OGS works with Microsoft to sponsor launch parties and host different events across campus. It is nice seeing something I helped build to still be around after all these years. :-)

I got a chance to learn about first person shooters from some of the old school Quake 1 players - folks from the G.I. Joe and Smurf clans. Wicked good players, and nice folks to talk to. Who knew that would turn into a lifelong pursuit of interesting video games!

I have been playing MMOs since Dark Age of Camelot (Mythic) and was lucky enough to beta test Diablo 2. I raided in WoW for a good many years but stopped recently due to work commitments. These days, I enjoy playing my wizard (PewPewLasers) in D3 and working to gear some of my other characters. I am also checking out Final Fantasy XIV:ARR. So far I am liking the craft system as much as I did in DAoC.

I love to shoot pool, practice shinkendo, play my tenor sax and love all sorts of genres of music, and I write spoof lyrics to the themes of some video games I have played over the years as a sort of tribute.

No photos at this time as I do not have anything to live up to my moonkin heritage in WoW. 8-)

Cheers,
    Joe
    [CMUOGS]JoeCool
    Reply Quote
    Oh i see Joe is in the D.C. area...My name is Jeff, 30, live in the DC are also. Former Navy Electronics Technician, now I'm a welder/foreman. I build cars, surf and ride bikes...Oh yea and play Diablo...Been playing since the first and I'm sure will be until blizzard goes under. Though I'm hoping Battlefield 4 will be good enough to break me of my Diablo addiction!
    Reply Quote
    Hello, i am from Tahiti and plays in european server but i like most the us forum.

I am a network ingenieur who work in a airport. I am half chinese it is maybe why i like so much the us wiz community... take care
    Reply Quote

male

philippines

work in a fancy hotel

anti-social

enjoy being alone and in front of the computer and under the influence

also like jellos
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    10/14/2013 02:00 PMPosted by Skylarian
    Robes thank you. Chainmail is being worn by my assistant and weapons mistress. :)

Well awesome deviant art gallery you got there. Good fantasy art photos!

I'm Chang from the murder mitten. I work in IT/software business. Not going to bore you with details because who really gives a crap.
    Reply Quote
    Any body from the south i live in greeneville TN and i love the smaller citys. Im a cook for applebees. I know nothing exciting, but it pays the bills.
    Edited by sheerpanic#1784 on 10/14/2013 3:42 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Frank here. I live just outside of Portland, OR. I'm 37 with 2 young kids. I love the Oregon Ducks and all things football, playing soccer, reading, and collecting old video games. I am proud to say I have my original Atari 2600, along with a Colecovision, Intellivision, Every old Nintendo system, and a few other obscure ones. I work in communications as a Public Information Officer.

I've played a lot of games in my life but I can easily say I've played Diablo 3 more than any other game continuously. Not sure why, but this game just speaks to me. It's also easy to play on my laptop when my kids go to bed and I don't have to hog the TV from my wife.
    Edited by freedjr#1531 on 10/14/2013 3:46 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Rob

From New Mexico originally........Did 22 years in the Navy as Hospital Corpsman 9 of the the 22 I was assigned to Marine Corps units Hoorah!!

I do Medical IT Software/Hardware Support in San Antonio

Been a gamer for quite awhile... my first on-line mulitplayer Game was NeverWinter Nights on the AOL Network......This was considered premium content and cost to play by the hour....

All time Favorite Game The original Starflight circa 1986...I still play this on via emulator sometimes.
    Reply Quote
    Trever, 36 Denver co I work in the MMJ field.

long time gamer, used to run a BBS named deaths door in the late80's-90's with my dad on a commodore 128 all kinds of fun.
    Reply Quote
    Hi All,

Interesting Bios, will have to revisit to read more. My name is Victor and I am a proud father of five and find time to play this game far too much...:)

I love hanging out with my kids and playing D3. When I'm not doing that I am in Strategy and Analysis for a marketing company.

I live in Avondale Arizona (practically Phoenix) and love the Arizona Cardinals...Perhaps that makes me a bit of a saddist...lol. My favorite players are Larry Fitzgerald and Patrick Peterson.

I got into this game because my friends at work said I HAD to buy D3. What is funny is they haven't logged in probably 6 months and here I am playing daily.
    Reply Quote
    Hey everyone~

My name is Kristen, I'm 29 mother of 2 little boys. I live in Waukesha, WI. I play d3 in my free time, and work for my parents lawn and landscape company during the day. I have quite a few fish, with the hope of getting a cat and 2 dogs in the future. I've been gaming since I was 5. My family would get together and play on the Atari and then eventually the Ninentdo. I grew up playing on both as well as the intellivision and Coleco. I love playing, movies, and reading sci-fi fantasy books.
    Reply Quote
    Sooo... disregarding the whole fcoc thats essentially directly below my submit button, lets, as Capitan Picard puts it - Enguage.

My professional name is Phil... because I like using Dr. Phil and taking the piss out of that game show host with the same name, but colloquially and amongst friends i use my other name, Amos, which is also my btag name. I'm from the land down under, Australia, and am an archaeologist working part time for the University up here and doing private contracts as a heritage consultant - I used to do alot of work for the mining companies but they have shifted gears and all exploration teams have been essentially put on hold for the time being :(

I am 26 years of age according to the powers that be but in reality i'm still a 6 year old. I love cartoons and computer games and playing in the sand... although my sand box has become much bigger these days.

Also i love cars and motorcycles to the point that i'm saving up for a Ferrari 348ts (i had a model as a kid and it grew on me, sentimental value and what not). I also own a kwaka ZX-9R, MV Augusta F41000R and a project Norton commando... well i own parts of a norton commando lol.

Much like the OP Wizard was not actually my first or intended class, I wanted to main a Monk and DH since i figured that they would share much of the same gear and hence saving some cost on gearing... buuuut as i played through those 2 classes for a little while i found alot of good Wizard starter items and once i had a set i thought... ah hell lets roll a Wizard and thats where i stayed, something about the Wizard just clicked with me and together with the awesome community here D3 became immeasurably more fun.

And thats my story in a nutshell, below you will find me scaling a Mesa plateau in the semi-arid Pilbara desert region of north west Australia searching for... stuff

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7819/tr3z.jpg
    Reply Quote
    G'Day all, I'm Wayne, 24, from and living in Melbourne, Australia (for now anyway - my boyfriend lives in Belgium, and planning on the big move in due time!)

I'm a procurement officer for a international world-wide company called Pride Mobility who specialize in disability & mobility / rehabilitation products - (where HQ is in PA, USA) and my team oversees and manages the stock for our offices in Australia & New Zealand.

Been a gamer since I was a little kid, and is my #1 hobby still to this day. I would say I'm mostly an RTS / RPG / MOBA fan. Right now, other than Diablo 3, I currently only play Dota 2 - (must feed my PvP cravings / addiction!)

I also do have quite a strong passion for Electronic Dance Music, (specifically in the genre: Trance), and do enjoy Music Festivals and outings of the like.

Here's a picture of me currently at work!
    http://i42.tinypic.com/15xrbsh.jpg
    Reply Quote
    MVP
    View profile
    10/14/2013 04:27 PMPosted by Amos
    I am 26 years of age according to the powers that be but in reality i'm still a 6 year old.

Will you be 7 on Feb. 29, 2016?

Nice write-up, Amos. Had fun reading through that :D
    Twitter: @Jaetch
    Reply Quote
    10/14/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Jaetch
    I am 26 years of age according to the powers that be but in reality i'm still a 6 year old.

Will you be 7 on Feb. 29, 2016?

Nice write-up, Amos. Had fun reading through that :D
    Twitter: @Jaetch

Cheerz man, na i think i will 'leap' 7 and go straight to 8 ;)

I'm also getting a kick out of reading peoples Bio's lol I also kinda wish some folks would go into a little more non specific detail, because you all sound so interesting and it's amazing to see all the different paths people walk with their lives.
    Reply Quote
    up
    Reply Quote
    10/14/2013 04:27 PMPosted by Amos
    and am an archaeologist

INB4 Indiana Jones. :)
    Reply Quote
  • Daniel
  • 29 on Oct. 29
  • 1/2 Vietnamese, 1/2 Filipino
  • San Jose, California
  • 2 crappy jobs because I got laid off recently
  • I hate stupid people
  • I'm a very nice person
  • But only if you're not stupid
  • Can speak with a Chinese accent on demand
  • R&B singer
  • Maybe one of these days I'll sing on Mumble
  • If I don't hate you
  • Reply Quote
  • Daniel
  • 29 on Oct. 29
  • 1/2 Vietnamese, 1/2 Filipino
  • San Jose, California
  • 2 crappy jobs because I got laid off recently
  • I hate stupid people
  • I'm a very nice person
  • But only if you're not stupid
  • Can speak with a Chinese accent on demand
  • R&B singer
  • Maybe one of these days I'll sing on Mumble
  • If I don't hate you

• * on request you mean huh?
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]