Diablo® III

Congrats *Abend* Frightful Halloween Giveaway

Winner: abend #6917
Find me in game and i'll let you have it.

At the majority, I am severely saddened with the lack of troll stories. This is not the same community of !@#$%^-s I once knew. <3

First off, this giveaway set is not limited to anyone. All paragon levels and players of all experience and gear levels are welcome to participate.

In honor of upcoming Halloween, and in conjunction with my troll self, I decided to put together a gear set. It is a very frightful set. It is fear packed =]

Stats Include:

a minuscule amount of dps
5% lifesteall (w/o passive)
500+ All Resists
5k Armor
60k Life
24% movement speed
2.5bp MH 2.85bp OH (buffed w/ wotb)
Full optimized to move fast and not die!
blah blah blah

THE IMPORTANT STATS:
32.3% Chance to Fear (in spirit of halloween!)
5.5% chance to knockback

Yes, you yourself can win this set and reenact the follies of Tom George Cruise by making games unplayable for the best of players!

Link to the set can be found here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tomcruise-1666/hero/32163570

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are no requirements to enter into this giveaway. Simply post your best story encompassing the act of trolling. Best story takes it home.
Edited by tomcruise#1666 on 10/14/2013 5:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
GG set. I will enter, so I can use it when I play with RK.

Trolling story? Parody thread op.
Edited by xxxkan#1130 on 10/8/2013 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Otherwise known as the set to win friends and influence people.
Reply Quote
GG set. I will enter, so I can use it when I play with RK.

Trolling story? Parody thread op.

You can make up a story if it suits you.
Reply Quote
Yes, you yourself can win this set and reenact the follies of Tom George Cruise by making games unplayable for the best of players!

lol
Reply Quote
10/08/2013 08:12 PMPosted by tomcruise
You can make up a story if it suits you.

I am terrible at writing stories lol.
Reply Quote
Bump for awareness!
Reply Quote
View profile
That is indeed a set tailor made for Halloween :D

Get into public games with this and watch an endless list of threads popping up in the General forums complaining about barbs killing the game :P
Reply Quote
There was this one time I was testing a support WD setup, trying to build a budget 4 man set for paragon leveling.

So I decided to test mah setup and seeing Wayneold online, requested to join his partay for shiets and giggles.

And surprise surprise. Death was leveling his wiz in the group.

Almost immediately he started crying about my 12k dps WD and "l2p wd scrub".

Tried to explain it was a zdps budget support set but it fell on deaf ears.

So I went to FoM while they were getting 5 stacks and lured half the map to the portal, it was so many mobs my screen froze for half minute when the deed was done.

And the following 15 minutes or so consisted of him trying to port in fields and dying, and calling me a nub while I repeated the time-honored phrase of "umadbro" until he decided to rage quit.

The end.
Reply Quote
View profile
That is indeed a set tailor made for Halloween :D

Get into public games with this and watch an endless list of threads popping up in the General forums complaining about barbs killing the game :P

I like this!
Reply Quote
@Uber

Good post. Let's see some more.
Reply Quote
How spooky!

I have too many of these to count. In my younger days, when I was around as old as Uberjager presumably is, I was quite the internet brat.

The best example would be what a friend and I would do in unreal:extended multiplayer edition. For whatever reason, nearly every server had friendly fire on, and we naturally took full advantage of that to grief as many people as possible.

On top of reviving our teammates after killing them, only to repeat the process for minutes at a time, we'd also spam the preset chat voice messages, just to make the spawnkilling process as painful as possible.

But we didn't come close to stopping there. The kicker was how we exploited the ability to change your alias in the middle of a game. Two people couldn't have the same name, but we got around that by using lowercase L's to sub for uppercase i's, and so on. So, we'd conduct these antics while assuming the name of others in the server, and then promptly initiate kick votes on our doppelgangers.

The other players would always be too confused to catch on to what was going on before we'd manage to successfully empty entire servers through teamkilling and griefing and then voting to kick practically everyone but ourselves while constantly changing our names. There were actually posts on forums complaining about us in particular as apparently being able to exploit the vote kick system to win without a majority vote. In fact there was no black magic, and we were actually garnering majority votes every time, just not on the players that they were intending to kick.

The best part is that there was a period of something like an hour or two in which you couldn't return to a server after being kicked from it, and we'd go and hit 5-10 per night, often locking the same players out of all of them.

This was 56k days though, so it was relatively easy for everyone, ourselves included, to get around IP bans simply by disconnecting and dialing up again.
Reply Quote
Silver, that story is win.

I will submit a story myself just for fun. I think one of my most amazing laughs came from trolling in World of Warcraft.

In WoW we figured out a glitch that would let you land on a zeppelin by holding 'x' to descend on it. Once you landed on it, the zeppelin would keep flying away and you would be stuck in the air. You could mount, dismount, spin in circles, etc and you would still be floating in the air. If you moved an inch or jumped however, you would fall to your death.

Knowing how amazing this was, I decided I'd use my level 25 guild perks and have some real fun.

I made a raid group with 2 of my friends. I used the /who command to search all major cities in the game for players between levels 1-59 (those who lacked any sort of flying mounts). I invited everyone I could until I had a full raid group and then said "who wants free gold!??!". I immediately cast mass summon.

Over 30 people hit accept and we watched them instantly fall to their deaths. It was awesome.
Reply Quote
It's raining lowbies!
Reply Quote
View profile
Im still confused on what trolling is.

Whoever wins this set, add me up, i have a set that will orchestrate perfect synergy with this one for pub runs :)
Reply Quote
Im still confused on what trolling is.

Whoever wins this set, add me up, i have a set that will orchestrate perfect synergy with this one for pub runs :)

I sense the sarcasm, but for some people who may actually not know and be too computer illiterate to successfully google search it:

Trolling
The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks: Shouting swear words at someone doesn't count as trolling; it's just flaming, and isn't funny. Spam isn't trolling either; it pisses people off, but it's lame.

The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) you truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or b) you give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help.
Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve decieving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccesful troll.

Signs that your trolling is succesful:
*Your victim screaming in all-caps at you.
*Personal attacks (Calling you a retard, idiot, etc).
*Being an Internet Tough Guy.
*Making a crude remark, before quickly logging off before you can retort.

Signs that your trolling is unsuccesful:
*Your victim identifying you as a troll.
*Identifying yourself as a troll.
*Your efforts being ignored.
*Being counter-trolled (See below)

Counter-trolling (Or reverse trolling) is an effective method of redeeming yourself after being trolled. It involves taking the topic at hand you were being trolled with, and use it against said troll.
Reply Quote
How spooky!

I have too many of these to count. In my younger days, when I was around as old as Uberjager presumably is, I was quite the internet brat.

The best example would be what a friend and I would do in unreal:extended multiplayer edition. For whatever reason, nearly every server had friendly fire on, and we naturally took full advantage of that to grief as many people as possible.

On top of reviving our teammates after killing them, only to repeat the process for minutes at a time, we'd also spam the preset chat voice messages, just to make the spawnkilling process as painful as possible.

But we didn't come close to stopping there. The kicker was how we exploited the ability to change your alias in the middle of a game. Two people couldn't have the same name, but we got around that by using lowercase L's to sub for uppercase i's, and so on. So, we'd conduct these antics while assuming the name of others in the server, and then promptly initiate kick votes on our doppelgangers.

The other players would always be too confused to catch on to what was going on before we'd manage to successfully empty entire servers through teamkilling and griefing and then voting to kick practically everyone but ourselves while constantly changing our names. There were actually posts on forums complaining about us in particular as apparently being able to exploit the vote kick system to win without a majority vote. In fact there was no black magic, and we were actually garnering majority votes every time, just not on the players that they were intending to kick.

The best part is that there was a period of something like an hour or two in which you couldn't return to a server after being kicked from it, and we'd go and hit 5-10 per night, often locking the same players out of all of them.

This was 56k days though, so it was relatively easy for everyone, ourselves included, to get around IP bans simply by disconnecting and dialing up again.

What. I thought this only extended to D3.

Aight. New Story.

I used to love playing on Bad Company Servers with Friendly Fire on, because it gave such ample opportunity for trolling.

There was this one game where I kept killing my teamates with a smoke grenade. Whenever the teamates of mine made noise about it. I'd go "I'm helping you smoke up bro, you getting hit was pretty unfortunate."

T'was a pretty legit excuse, so they left me alone.

I then killed a couple of people with my rifle. These same people started raging again, calling for an admin to bant me. The admin came in and I quickly explained myself. "I'm color blind, I really can't tell the difference between blue and red."

Another pretty legit excuse (I have no idea why the admin bought it).

.... Until I killed the admin with a repair tool.

That pretty much started a 5 minute debate between the admin and other players about whether or not I was color blind.

I quickly left the game before there was any repercussions and narrowly avoided the banhammer.

The end.
Reply Quote
"Your vest looked ripped, I was trying to sew it back together."
Reply Quote
Well this wasn't in a game but it's still a worthy story for the rage it initiated.
High school computer teacher quite often left her computer open and left the room (One of the things she taught us not to do)
Installed a remote access and e-mail address changer viva outlook when she left. Started sending e-mails from my computer to and from different teachers with all that good gossip and rubbish. Now it was well known this teacher... Did not play well with others... So I rubbed salt in a few old feuds and sent a few overly suggestive e-mails to some of the male teachers. When she came back she had just started getting replies so while she was trying to send apologies to the women and 'In your dreams' to the guys I took advantage of the remote access. Started turning her monitor off, writing something bad real quick and hitting send, exiting and opening programs, and moving the mouse just a little when she went to click on something. Took only about 10 mins before she picked up her monitor, whipped it across the floor and started screaming for answers as to who was and I quote 'F$&@$&@ with her computer' For fear of my life I didn't even grin and just gave the same confused look everyone else had when she seemingly just randomly exploded. The end.

Edit: Just so people don't think I'm not a total psychopath just a partial, she didn't loose her job, and is the same person who greeted me at her door with a baseball bat, along with some other things.... She really did have it coming.
Edited by Uber#1569 on 10/9/2013 5:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That is epic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]