Diablo® III

Alter Brooding: Increase Hatred Regeneration

Probably by about 3.

Brooding is a fairly useless Passive and to my knowledge very few DH's use it, especially considering the other options available, plus a comparison to similar Passives such as the Witch Doctor's "Blood Ritual" Passive that not only regenerates life at TWICE the rate but also reduces Mana costs 15%.

I think it makes more sense for the Passive to improve Hatred Regeneration by a flat rate similar to the Bat Companion, and would really help open up more Hatred intensive skill-based builds such as Spike Trap or Cluster Arrow.

(It also makes way more sense considering the theme of the skill... one would think the DH would be Brooding on her "hatred" of the Demons...)

Other Possible Variations to the idea:

1. Instead of a flat rate increase, perhaps Brooding could "increase total hatred regeneration" by a flat percent, which would advantage DH's that had a lot of +hatred regen on their items, over DH's that did not.

2. Have a larger Hatred Regeneration increase, but it only functions when the DH is not getting hit, e.g. (as long as the DH takes no damage for 3 seconds, Hatred Regeneration rate is doubled, or increased by ___).

3. Since the DH often plays a very kite-heavy style that relies on avoiding getting hit, if the bonus remains life regeneration, the bonus should be improved to something like 3-5% max life per second as long as the DH is not hit for 3 seconds.
Reply Quote
View profile
Maybe we can make it cheat death?
Reply Quote
Brooding is very useful in some PVP builds.
Reply Quote
10/10/2013 09:59 AMPosted by TheRaven
Brooding is a fairly useless Passive and to my knowledge very few DH's use it, especially considering the other options available, plus a comparison to similar

That's only to your knowledge.

And.. to add to that, Hatred has never been a problem. DISCIPLINE is. Both in real life and in the game.. and even on the DH Resource ;)

+Hatred Items doesn't even do much. +1 Hatred generation won't even do. A flat regen % won't even matter. 10 Hatred Regeneration won't help much. If you put a flat % on it? What would it be? It can't be 10%. 50% might even be too small IMO.

as for #2, there's an upcoming change on that.

#3 as of the moment, NO, there's no heavy KITING build. All or majority would be facetanking. Only few kites :)
Reply Quote
Lots of us use it in HC....Brooding is good. Very good. Need hatred? Shadow Power, Smoke Screen, M4D, Companion, Grenades, Preparation, and Entangling Shot all have runes for it. Get more with passives like Grenadier and Vengeance. You can get it on your chest, weapon, and quiver. Paragon 2.0 may allow us to have +max hatred and +hatred regen.

Need HP regen? Gear alone wont give enough. 2% on Aid Station is nice but temporary. 2% on Brooding FTW.

Want to rework a passive for kiting? Take a gander at Thrill of the Hunt.
Reply Quote
View profile

Brooding is a fairly useless Passive and to my knowledge very few DH's use it

Wut
Reply Quote
Brooding I'm sure will be pretty important in the ROS patch but like others have said its important in HC.
Reply Quote
Imagine having 4k(?) Life per Second regen.. Then equip that 1000% of LPS Aura Damage.. free damage is free.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/10/2013 03:11 PMPosted by Chrizzle
Imagine having 4k(?) Life per Second regen.. Then equip that 1000% of LPS Aura Damage.. free damage is free.

lol

4k x 10 = 40k not much ... when I can do over that with a single JS.

Brooding is one of the best defensive passive we have on the list

armor and all resist you only need to get to 7000/700 = 90% reduction
possible maximum with 8 slots (no str/int bonus) = 4671/600 = 86% reduction and if you have 600k total ehp you can play any MP without worried about getting killed by "1-attack"
to get the above status (86%) with 600k ehp you need 90k life

90k life x 0.02 = 1800 life per second. this is enough to heal you through almost any battle in mp0 w/o dropping your life below 90%. At mp10 this heals you about 10% of all damage taken, therefore it just increased your ehp by 10% far better than perfectionist imo.

edit.

btw the most hatred intensive build is STRAFE
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 10/10/2013 3:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/10/2013 03:11 PMPosted by Chrizzle
I don't have to imagine 4K LPS, with Brooding + Aid Station + Boar + gear I hit ~4.2K.
Reply Quote
View profile
You guys gotta feel what 9k LPS is like, it's hilarious.

It's gonna be possible with the Brooding buff.
Reply Quote
View profile
10/10/2013 03:32 PMPosted by Rav1n
I don't have to imagine 4K LPS, with Brooding + Aid Station + Boar + gear I hit ~4.2K.

hehe I can beat that XD
2820 lps +brooding = 4824 lps (100k life)
but I'm not using those gears to fight tho, just for testing damage
Reply Quote
lol

4k x 10 = 40k not much ... when I can do over that with a single JS.

So.. I can do that too, what's your point? :)

I said.. it's a free DAMAGE source aside from being a DEFENSIVE attrib at the same time. win-win situation.

10/10/2013 03:56 PMPosted by KirusAlufras

hehe I can beat that XD
2820 lps +brooding = 4824 lps (100k life)
but I'm not using those gears to fight tho, just for testing damage

Only gave 4k as an example, getting HIGHER than that can be achieved easily if you aim for it.. but.. what's the use? :3
Reply Quote
Missed that statement. Notice I run Strafe and I'm saying Hatred isn't a problem. :D
Reply Quote
10/11/2013 02:17 AMPosted by Rav1n
Missed that statement. Notice I run Strafe and I'm saying Hatred isn't a problem. :D

i also run strafe and i've 99 problems, but hatred ain't one...

one generator + bat without vengeance.

if anything buff brooding to 2% lps + 1% Disc per/sec...
Edited by Flail#1253 on 10/11/2013 5:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I would like to see more passives like Perfectionist / Vengance. They have more than one specific attribute and always in percentage. Passives should buff/benefit all things in % s..

Brooding = % increase to Hatred regen / % increase life regen / % increase to Disc regen ..

Tactical Advantage + Hot pursuit = 1 passive
Numbing traps/Custom engineering / Thrill of the hunt should be 1 passive .. etc..

Less but more quality.
Reply Quote
View profile
I would like to see more passives like Perfectionist / Vengance. They have more than one specific attribute and always in percentage. Passives should buff/benefit all things in % s..

Brooding = % increase to Hatred regen / % increase life regen / % increase to Disc regen ..

Tactical Advantage + Hot pursuit = 1 passive
Numbing traps/Custom engineering / Thrill of the hunt should be 1 passive .. etc..

Less but more quality.

That is like saying give me more passive slot, don't you think?

I believe everyone wants more benefit, but when you can have it all, there isn't a choice.
Reply Quote
10/12/2013 09:25 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
That is like saying give me more passive slot

Not at all.. I am referring to quality of each passive and balance.

Let's look at gems in weapons as an example: Why are Ruby or Emeralds the prominant choice? or better yet why are they even choices for increasing DPS?

1 - Ruby and Emeralds are close enough in gains that a player can choose one or the other to favor his / her build.

Now let's look at the intended usage for Purple / Amythes in Weapon. 500-600 LoH is useless. Even in Hardcore players won't choose it. It's out of Balance as a choice. Now let's make Radiant Amythes 5% life steal and 800 LoH ( the key word being AND ) it now becomes a compelling choice.

Back to PASSIVES :

DH and other classes do have good passives. Good passives can stand alone and compliment other passive choices. Currently we also have passives that need way too many things to support it make it work half @#@$%^&..

Brooding / Boar / and Perfectionist/ LoH and LS on gear combined / put together can't even compare to 1 skill ( Shadow Power ).. see where I am going with this.. where's the balance?? If balance I should be able to pick any skill / passive I like without feeling I just gave up 90% of damage to get it...

Archery vs Steady Aim vs Perfectionist vs etc... are fairly even.. But thrill of the hunt/numbing traps and hot pursuit are never/ ever considered..
Reply Quote
View profile
Brooding / Boar / and Perfectionist/ LoH and LS on gear combined / put together can't even compare to 1 skill ( Shadow Power ).. see where I am going with this.. where's the balance?? If balance I should be able to pick any skill / passive I like without feeling I just gave up 90% of damage to get it...

I can't agree with any of the above

900 LoH + 3% LS is enough to play mp10 and stand on stacks of dot
900 LoH + 2% LpS (brooding) is enough to play mp10 w/o standing on dot

When you stack all resist the diminishing return starts at 300, so getting to 450 is good enough, 600 is better, but if you get over 700 you don't see much of a growth until 1200. Same rule goes with stacking armor.

Archery vs Steady Aim vs Perfectionist vs etc... are fairly even.. But thrill of the hunt/numbing traps and hot pursuit are never/ ever considered..

How is comparing passive with a different ability even?
You mean because there is a "percentage" value so they are "similar"?
Hot Pursuit works great when you are missing that movement speed.
Thrill of the Hunt is even better when you alternative between spender and generator, you can "lock" your enemies in place and keep the distance without using a "cold" soj and limited to only use skills with "weapon damage"

You did the same comparison with the Gems... Emerald and Ruby adds "damage" but Amethyst adds "life leech" so which one will you use, for me I will use which ever that I need. If I have enough "life leech" I don't need Amethyst, if I have enough mmd I don't need Ruby, and if I have enough chc I don't need Emerald.

This is choice.

If you want to stack up as much dps as you want, go ahead and then complain about getting killed by reflect damage or about how bad you are without LS. LS is helpful ONLY when you have the dps where as LpS is always useful. LoH is also unless when you do not fill in the condition.
Reply Quote
@Kirus - you are missing the point.

1 - Why do we use Ruby and Emeralds and never even thing about putting Amythes in weapons? Because Damage versus Sustain in weapon slot doesn't even come close in comparison when factoring in benefits.

2 - My 400k DPS DH has shadow power. Can I get a 400 k dps DH without shadow power and have enough LoH / Brooding / Perfectionist and not one shot myself by RD elites? I can tell you Shadow power can and does.

Shadow power versus LS / Brooding / Life regen ?? Show me a facetank build that can out perform shadow power with just LoH / LS weapon only.. ??

Hot Pursuit works great when you are missing that movement speed

A DH without a hatred spend?? I have to give up how much DPS to get 15% move speed? Oh!!!!!!!!!!!! that's why there are tons of Hot Pursuit builds without movespeed on gear. I seeeeeeee.... says the blind man.

Thrill of the Hunt is even better when you alternative between spender and generator

When I can use Cull of the weak / or steady aim or archery instead??? The best crowd control is a DEAD MOB. Kill them faster and you dont' have to worry.. Thrill of the hunt every 7 seconds?? I can output alot of weapon damage with DPS buffs in 7 seconds to not worry about " thrill of the hunt"

Numbing traps?? - The LS and 35% damage reduction out performs 20% damage reduction from this passive..

Can you see that the scale tips way tooooo much to one side? Thus it is not balanced..

Since you miss the point alot.. it's not even close to being balanced .. it's not balanced..

IT'S NOT BALANCE.. hope you got that this time around..
Edited by BlackVenom#1754 on 10/12/2013 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]