Diablo® III

Crowd Control gear

Hi guys,

Show me your best CC gear. I'm using 4,1% chance to chill Vile Ward and I want to see what you guys are using. (WH with freeze??)

Have a nice day!
Reply Quote
Get a Stone of Jordan Cold Damage and use Shruken Cloud on Chakram, its awesome.
Reply Quote
Yep, Soj are so good.
Reply Quote
My WH has 150+ dex, 8 ias, 50 cd, 3.5 freeze chance <(^^<)

Currently looking for stun gloves :P
Reply Quote
Nice!

<(^^<)
Reply Quote
10/11/2013 07:00 AMPosted by MrBlonde
Get a Stone of Jordan Cold Damage and use Shruken Cloud on Chakram, its awesome.

Isn't Shuriken Cloud physical damage? That would mean the snare wouldn't be applied as it's not weapon damage.
Reply Quote
Isn't Shuriken Cloud physical damage? That would mean the snare wouldn't be applied as it's not weapon damage.

That's correct, all the Chakram runes are elemental in some way and cannot proc the cold damage.
Reply Quote
My favorite CC gears are my cold SoJ and 846 DPS 1 OS Nat's Slayer.

I'm envious of Drittz's freeze WH. ;)
Reply Quote
I did never try a Cold soj.....Did someone try a Cold Soj with CoT?
Reply Quote
KB from WF :D :D

I'm always wearing a "freezing hour" belt. Best belt to have, hands down. Roll the all res in other slots :P

I've got a nice pair of stun zuni boots with 180 dex 3.7 immobilize i think it is? in stash for when I like to mix it up. Again, I believe in roll the allres in a different slot. But haven't used em in a while tho... lol.

Also a chilly vile ward, but no vit roll like yours. Those are nice.

Almost always wearing a nats helm with the fear. Love that also, got hooked on it and it fits a ranged character quite nicely. Fear/kb and BOL = profit.

My scoundrel rocks a "freeze force" and cold damage tals ammy. He's a machine for crowd control and always a pleasure to switch CTW on for. But when I'm playin solo i'm just one shotting everything for speed so he just picks off the strays as i'm boosting around.. Wish we could bring follower with us in group play.

@Pat you have a very solid DH build, I love the possibilities you have open with out having SP in the build. Quite a beauty ammy too. I can see that thing shining for when ROS hits.
Reply Quote
@Drittz

mmmm.... I really like your WH!

I'm envious of Drittz's freeze WH. ;)

.....me too......
Reply Quote
10/11/2013 10:26 AMPosted by PaT

It doesn't work unfortunately, Trail of Cinders is fire damage not weapon damage.

this is how cold soj's work:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9308901329?page=1#1

btw the chill on shoulders is the same effect as Cold damage but it applies on every shot instead of based on a proc rate. Personally my favorite CC is Multishot - Suppression Fire and Prep - Punishment with a cold SoJ, perma chill on massive groups :)
Reply Quote
10/11/2013 11:15 AMPosted by TastySouP

It doesn't work unfortunately, Trail of Cinders is fire damage not weapon damage.

this is how cold soj's work:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9308901329?page=1#1

btw the chill on shoulders is the same effect as Cold damage but it applies on every shot instead of based on a proc rate. Personally my favorite CC is Multishot - Suppression Fire and Prep - Punishment with a cold SoJ, perma chill on massive groups :)

...not ToC.......CoT = Chain of Torment......
Reply Quote
10/11/2013 11:43 AMPosted by PaT
...not ToC.......CoT = Chain of Torment......

LOL!

opps.... ye chains of torment does proc the cold damage really well, the chains do a small bit of aoe so they can chill decent size groups if you use them well.

chrizzle's got a lot of info on using the skill here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9165886653#1
Reply Quote
I will need to try it!
Reply Quote
The beauty of CoT is that it's WEAPON DAMAGE.

So if you want cool enemy death animations. Try it with it ;)

Also, I'd like to say that it can proc EVERYTHING that you can proc EXCEPT critical hits, so no Night Stalker procs too.

It can proc everything, from Bleed to Freeze from weapons(Azure). It can proc all sorts of crowd control too.

SoJ takes into effect too and is a nice boost when fighting elites.
Reply Quote
BEST itemless CC in the Game

Thrill of the Hunt
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/demon-hunter/passive/thrill-of-the-hunt
w/ channeling skills

my favor anyways...
Reply Quote
BEST itemless CC in the Game

Thrill of the Hunt
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/demon-hunter/passive/thrill-of-the-hunt
w/ channeling skills

my favor anyways...

Played with that with CoT and my Spike Trap M4D. They were literally not moving :3 Not to mention the Immobilize from Boots and Freeze from Inna and Stun from Gloves >_>
Reply Quote
Might sound noobish but what exactly does crowd control do and how does it benefit a DH?
Reply Quote
10/11/2013 03:43 PMPosted by MissyChrissy
Might sound noobish but what exactly does crowd control do and how does it benefit a DH?

Freezing, slowing, stunning, etc. Anything that "controls" the monsters (crowd.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]