Diablo® III

Crowd Control gear

10/11/2013 03:45 PMPosted by GunnersDream
Might sound noobish but what exactly does crowd control do and how does it benefit a DH?

Freezing, slowing, stunning, etc. Anything that "controls" the monsters (crowd.)

Okay so...it makes your freeze or stun attacks last longer or is the actual crowd control stat the freeze or stun? I remember seeing gear with reduction of crowd control effects...thats all
Reply Quote
I have cc gear on my scoundrel with my female WD. He uses a Buriza (14.9% freeze, 80% pierce) and a Star of Azkaranth (4.5% freeze)

@TastySouP Thanks for the very informative guide on SoJ elemental damage.
Reply Quote
10/11/2013 03:50 PMPosted by MissyChrissy
Okay so...it makes your freeze or stun attacks last longer or is the actual crowd control stat the freeze or stun? I remember seeing gear with reduction of crowd control effects...thats all

No, reduce duration of control imparing effects is to reduce the time you get jailed, frozen, or stunned by the enemy. This thread is about having gear to freeze, stun, blind, chill the enemies.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DinoBSC-1690/hero/36799761

5% freeze
4.7% immobolize
3.9% fear
4.6% stun
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DinoBSC-1690/hero/36799761

Now geared in a spec which is an exceptionally safe "proc hunter" configuration with 6.9% chance to stun and 5.0% chance to freeze. These are proc'ed with the AoE skills cluster grenades, Chain of Torment, Shuriken Cloud and Demolition. Strafe is primarily used a positioning tool for the chains, Caltrops: Jagged Spikes is also used for additional damage and additional CC from snare. The build is entirely MP10 safe in that with good positioning it is very hard to die-- but suffers from being 2-4x as slow as a good nyan snapshotting build (and less tanky). But the advantage is good mobility and useful CC. I also happen to enjoy clouds of CC-locked mobs. I also like to elicit mucho lolz in friends' games or public matches-- and this build provides.
Reply Quote
Still having fun with proc hunting. Since I was not dying (much) at MP10, I tweaked my gear for more DPS. I couldn't keep up with nightstalker procs with caltrops so I switched to SS: Choking gas which is great because it will proc nightstalker itself (unlike caltrops), CC effects and gives 1/2 uptime invulnerability. I am finding it is pretty easy to keep Choking Gas up after collecting a large pack of mobs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]