Diablo® III

D3 RoS = New Game

For those that complain about everything remember that essentially RoS is going to be a new take on D3.

Basically D3 re-released.

All i see in these forums is complaining. "My Build is being nerfed" " No Ah sucks" " They're nerfing LS" and so on.

How about once we actually try PTR RoS or receive Reaper of Souls full and provide the blues with constructive insight.

Every so often i open these forums to see it full of negativity. It's hard for me to even read most topics. I can't imagine how difficult it is for the Blues to read these forums regularly.

Let's try as a community to be more positive, and support Blizzard. Looking forward to RoS :)
Reply Quote
View profile
I think the issue is that with all of these major changes to the game, Blizzard has just confirmed that D3 was essentially a beta test.

If it was a few balancing changes and maybe a change to make loot better, sure. But with them pretty much killing builds, changing the loot all together and massively changing the way people enjoy playing it, it makes me feel like we were just beta testers to see if their new ideas would work.

And after 12 years of development consisting of tons of testing you would think they would have gotten it right early on.
Reply Quote
ever since the release of D3,
I think that they can do nothing but nerf or restriction.

complains?
reaping what they sowed.
Reply Quote
10/12/2013 06:23 PMPosted by jimmysmitty
I think the issue is that with all of these major changes to the game, Blizzard has just confirmed that D3 was essentially a beta test.

I'm okay with them admitting it. It's no surprise that Diablo 3 disappointed most of their fans.
Reply Quote
Agreed.
Ros will be a completely different game. It's actually pretty scary because I consider Diablo 3 my favorite game of all-time and I love having the option to use the AH.

It's entirely possible that being 'forced' to play self-found combined with all the other drastic game play changes might cause me to dislike the new Diablo 3. Blizzard is clearly trying to bring back the quitters and may well alienate it's current dedicated fan base in the process. Should be interesting to see what we end up with!
Reply Quote
People just don't realize how much removing AH will have a good impact on the game. Lots of folks thinks $ when they think about existence of the AH, and so few see that it leads to no fun at all.
But you need some knowledge in the economy to realize that, probably, thats why.

I played WoW very briefly, but in this game (as in many other MMOs) the basic crafting materials were more expensive on the AH than medium ones. Why is that? Are they better? Surely no. So why were they valued more? Simply because everyone wanted to progress. Only noobs had access to simple materials, because majority of players seen no gain in farming basic areas. Thats why simple things were more expensive, but lets get back to Diablo.

In diablo the situation is totally different. There is nothing of value (value on the AH), what you can gain being low lvl. You need max lvl as fast as possible, so you have max mf as fast as possible. They you start to earn items. But the items wont drop.
They wont drop, because, if it was easy to acquire good items, then u can pass them (through the AH) constantly to low lvls (by low lvls I mean para lvls, going to 60 regular lvl is easy and quick). Got tired of trying to write in english so ill end this quickly: For regular Joe, there is no point to play Diablo with AH inside, because he may better pay 1000$ to charity, than buy himself "VICTORY" with that money, having no game (easy to obtain items because of AH). Sry for my english, tried hard, but its exhausting ;p.
Edited by Jalandar#2521 on 10/12/2013 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/12/2013 06:23 PMPosted by jimmysmitty
And after 12 years of development consisting of tons of testing you would think they would have gotten it right early on.

This.
and:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEvThjiE038
This...

Not only that video looks sick... but if you followed what happened to mystic originally, they had it developed and took it out.
I'm going to take a wild guess, that whatever features that they held back for various reasons will slowly start to come back as they "develop" them.
Oh! look the mystic is coming out in this expansion... maybe runes/charms in the next expansion(video had charms/runes)?

sorry to expect something after 7-12 years...
UT2k4 was released in 2004, UT3 came in 2007 - sure it flopped but not after +7 years of dev.
C&C series (for the most part), had games coming out in 4 years the latest... some even came out 1-2 years after (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_and_Conquer). (Giving the benefit of the doubt, and saying 7 years... some say 12 some say 9... still took too damn long to flop(on release, getting better but at snail/turtle speed))
Battlefield series, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_(series)) roughly 2 years per game...
CoD series, although i personally dont follow it, and i understand that half the games use the same engine in the background... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty) roughly every year a "new" game.
I mean sure... different genres... yada yada ya... 7 freaking years.
Only other game I can think of that tops off this is Duke Nukem Forever (15 years)... also had !@#$ score for the most part... never played (heard bad things though)
Edited by ZeroDay#1121 on 10/12/2013 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
RoS = D3 - Jay Wilson.

Squared.
Reply Quote
you can always hope but truth is, since Blizzard merged with Activi$ion they only care about money.

they break game design to get more money, that's all that matters

advice? leave this garbage company for good, don't buy their games, quality has insanely dropped, anyone that played their other games in the past 7 years or so know how Blizzard changed to much worse.
Reply Quote
For those that complain about everything remember that essentially RoS is going to be a new take on D3.

All i see in these forums is complaining. "My Build is being nerfed" " No Ah sucks" " They're nerfing LS" and so on.

How about once we actually try PTR RoS or receive Reaper of Souls full and provide the blues with constructive insight.

Every so often i open these forums to see it full of negativity. It's hard for me to even read most topics. I can't imagine how difficult it is for the Blues to read these forums regularly.

Let's try as a community to be more positive, and support Blizzard. Looking forward to RoS :)

As much as I want to agree, I really gotta say don't get too excited, cause you might be disappointed. I say go in with low expectations and you wont be.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
10/12/2013 09:24 PMPosted by Undersky
you can always hope but truth is, since Blizzard merged with Activi$ion they only care about money.

They cared about money before then too.

I'm pretty sure the 3 gentlemen who founded Blizzard in 1991 weren't out to start up a non-profit entity.
Reply Quote

As much as I want to agree, I really gotta say don't get too excited, cause you might be disappointed. I say go in with low expectations and you wont be.

Expectations won't scare me. I expect great things from Blizzard. When D3 released i got great things, 1000+ hours of game play. If i get 10 hours from a game im happy. Any more and im elated.
Reply Quote
ever since the release of D3,
I think that they can do nothing but nerf or restriction.

complains?
reaping what they sowed.

Reaper of Nerfs?

Reaper of Complaints?

Reaper of Fail?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]