Diablo® III

create an event

If you were to create a event in any act, what would it be, would there be new monsters just for it or would you use old ones.

Pumpkin smash:

Act 1 an old farm full of possessed pumpkins that can fire/spit bolts of fire or poison, also armed with a sickle or other farm related tools as weapons, pumpkins tend to have above average loot drop.
can spit/plant seeds to grow more pumpkins.

just one example of an idea.
Reply Quote
Witch Hunt:

You find a man whose son had been kidnapped by a witch. The witch hides in an old run down fort on the outskirts of west-march. The fort is overrun with traps, spiders, ghosts, and possessed villagers.

The event will have 4 random conclusions based off the D3 RNG system. In order of increasing difficulty they are:

A. The witch is actually a succubus in disguise, whom you must fight to save the boy.
1. Kill succubus.

B. The witch flesh-crafted the boy into a beastly abomination.
1. You can Kill it and take the loot.
2. You can try and reverse it, and gain a random buff (morality buff).

C. The witch is in actuality the mother, and the man was a demon who possess the boy.
1. You can Kill the boy.
2. You can listen to to the please of the mother and let the demon live.

D. No boy ever existed, the man and the witch are both demons, and you have been lured into their trap.
1. You fight the underhanded demons.

cool thread, hope to see lots of posts.
Edited by xsadar#1366 on 10/15/2013 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I actually considered possessed horses, as monsters, but it resembled cows too much. Maybe Demon bears, I don't know.

I think the most consistent thing they can do for the Diablo franchise is just come up with New types of demons, but I guess rogue angels are a thing now too.

I do like the idea of grotesquely large pumpkins as long as they move and look with a demoneque style, it should be great.
Edited by xsadar#1366 on 10/15/2013 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
A3: Besieging forces swamp town, completely covering every inch. You have to clear them out, then go out on the battlefield - not the existing areas with the zones, but the background graphics you see from Stone Fort with the endless swarms - until you have killed X number.
Reply Quote
I agree more random events would be great.
Reply Quote
Skeleton King without the cutscreens.
Butcher without the cutscreens.
Belial without the cutscreens.
Asmodan without the cutscreens.
Diablo without the cutscreens
Magda without the cutscreens.

I could not agree more. Once or even maybe twice seeing the cutscens then i want a enable cutscene option. So i can turn it off or on.
Reply Quote
for the pumpkin smash idea, the pumpkins would move probably a little faster than any of the zombies but slower than the fallen demons, give or take.

A2:

Caravan defender:

you find a caravan under attack by some ..... thing and have to help protect the caravan merchants by killing all the attackers, for every merchant not killed (would have enough life to not be killed right away) they will open a chest (golden?) for you, up to 6 chests in all
Reply Quote
First things first.

Let's take some of these side dungeons and stretch them out. make the 1 and 2 level dungeons into up to 4 and 5 and put new mini bosses at the end of each.

Maybe a dungeon depth slider next to the monster power slider?
Reply Quote
I'd create a series of hell portals all over opening up with brand new demons unlike any in the game so far, I'm talking they are actually evil, just a legion of evil barging through so they can take over sanctuary in an invasion. you must kill them all. Would be a 7-15 minute long event and it has to be at a place with lots of NPCs so lots of them can get killed by demons in the process. The final demons to come through are big daddy demons related to the prime evils in some way and tough to kill. The reward would be the chance for special item drops that only fall at this event.
Edited by BloodLord#1264 on 10/15/2013 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
walking dead

starts off finding a cave upon entering:
you kill 1 zombie who spawns into 2 random monsters
then 4 randoms infinitely repeating itself until you die.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Act 1 an old farm full of possessed pumpkins that can fire/spit bolts of fire or poison, also armed with a sickle or other farm related tools as weapons, pumpkins tend to have above average loot drop.
can spit/plant seeds to grow more pumpkins.

This is a solid start for brainstorming new special events in Sanctuary.

Witch Hunt:

You find a man whose son had been kidnapped by a witch. The witch hides in an old run down fort on the outskirts of west-march. The fort is overrun with traps, spiders, ghosts, and possessed villagers.

The event will have 4 random conclusions based off the D3 RNG system. In order of increasing difficulty they are:

A. The witch is actually a succubus in disguise, whom you must fight to save the boy.
1. Kill succubus.

B. The witch flesh-crafted the boy into a beastly abomination.
1. You can Kill it and take the loot.
2. You can try and reverse it, and gain a random buff (morality buff).

C. The witch is in actuality the mother, and the man was a demon who possess the boy.
1. You can Kill the boy.
2. You can listen to to the please of the mother and let the demon live.

D. No boy ever existed, the man and the witch are both demons, and you have been lured into their trap.
1. You fight the underhanded demons.

cool thread, hope to see lots of posts.

This is pretty cool too, and I like the multiple possible endings. I'm sure there are a lot of great ideas for special events out there, and I'm looking forward to reading them.
Reply Quote
Interesting thread. More please!
Reply Quote
Here are some additional thoughts:

Eccentric Brew-Master
As you travel deep into a forest area, you encounter a reclusive cottage.
Inside the cottage you meet an old, peculiar man, who is staring at his latest alcoholic distillation. The brew master is odd, yet seemingly sane. He stares at you, suspicious of your intentions, and finally he offers you a drink, at first you refuse. Finally after several belittling remarks you concede to drink. The beverages are all various colors, one is red, the other green, and the last one is black (this could also be RNG based).

Black - Nightmare Induced:
1. The cottage swirls away into blackness and your character collapses and health drops to one. The character then is trapped in a dream, fighting off demons if he survives, he gains a buff and is healed to full hP, otherwise he wakes with 1 hp.

Green - Trolled:
1. Turns you into a monster-slaying cow for 2 minutes

Red - Poisoned:
1. Deals 105% of your characters total health over 4 seconds. The Brew-master gives you the items in his chest. (unless you die of course)

Foolish adventurer
You encounter a fool-hearty adventurer who tells you he has been on an adventure for some time but has been unable to find what he seeks. (the D3 RNG system changes what he is looking for)

A. (path of Greed) - Demonic artifact
1.When he finds it, it melds with his body and posses him, you have to put him down.

B. (path of sensuality) - Not-so-in-distress Damsel
1.It turns out the love of his life, considers him a stalker. She is a battle hardened warrior-chick who can easily take care of her self, when you stumble onto her, she is surrounded by demons. She claims she didn't need any help. He takes all the credit. you (the nephalem) did all the work.
2. The damsel turns out to be a succubus, and had him lure you into her trap. Four rooms filled with demons open up and they charge in from every side.

C. (path of hatred) - Hideous monster
1.His son/wife was taken by this particular demon. And he has been hunting it ever since.
Edited by xsadar#1366 on 10/16/2013 3:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
starts off finding a cave upon entering:
you kill 1 zombie who spawns into 2 random monsters
then 4 randoms infinitely repeating itself until you die

What if a level 70 goes to normal mode and does the event? They would be fighting a long time D=.

It is a super cool idea, hopefully they will take this Hercules-hydra head-cutting concept and use it somehow.
Reply Quote
An expansion of the Treasure Goblins.

If you attack the Treasure Goblins as per normal they do what they do now and you get their loot.

If you leave the Goblin alone, there is a small chance that the portal they open stays open and you can enter a small area of the realm of Greed. Here you'll get more loot with a higher possibility of a Legendary item.

That way you'd have to agonise over whether you go for the immediate and guaranteed payoff by killing the Goblin or risk it for a better payoff later.
Edited by Palathas#1812 on 10/15/2013 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]