Diablo® III

A game just for me...

I wanna start out by saying that I played Diablo 2 for years. I mean a completely unhealthy amount. Loved everything about it. Everything! Up until a month or so ago I would have told you that it was the best game ever made.

When Diablo 3 came out, my computer wasn't working (still isn't). I wasn't able to play, so I tried to avoid reading about it or anything because I knew it would just bother me.

Then bam! Diablo 3 for ps3! I have my chance!

I feel like this game is a love letter to Diablo fans of old. I really do. So many small details that remind me of the Diablo universe I loved so much.

Beyond that though. I love that so much has been simplified since then without losing all the charm and let's say "the crack". Town portals and ID scrolls.. Gone! Messing up your build at level 90.. Gone! I mean the list goes on and on.

Now don't get me wrong. There was an intimacy about playing Diablo 2 on pc. It was an experience that's I'll never forget. I'm older now though and things have changed and all the changes made suit me perfect.

I'd expand on this, but typing on my phone is super annoying. Lol.

Anyone else feel this way?

By the way, still holding on to the only SOJ I've found in this game even though it's crap. What can I say, makes me feel good. ;-)
Reply Quote
Haha!

I still play Diablo 2 to this day, I don't think I'll ever stop playing it. But Diablo 3 is a pretty decent upgrade!

I'm happy to see someone comment on how much they like this game for once, instead of seeing yet another person complain.

Happy hunting sir!
Reply Quote
DUDE ok, I just bought Diablo 2 the other day to try it, but I'm a little intimidated. Looks complicated. :o/
Reply Quote
I only played D2 at a friends house afte D3 came out (on PC) and I loved it!!!!!! Necromancer and Sorcerer FTW!!!!!!

Played D3 on PC for a little bit at his house as well and gotta say I will not miss the AH or Invincible minion affix on Inferno mobs. I do miss the Mob Density though, made leveling easier than on here. Shared Paragon levels are a nice upgrade to, makes it easier to find good gear at lower levels. Offline is great, not having to use blizzards servers all the time is fun to.
Reply Quote
I can use 6 skills at any given time!
Reply Quote
Fantastic post OP, kudos!

+1
Reply Quote
Few console specific things I love..

-Full control of your character with analog sticks.
-Voice chat!
-Same screen Co-op (finally don't have to ignore my loved ones).
-My offline progress counts toward my online progress.

This game is beautiful.
Reply Quote
It's a really fun game. I played it over and over for about 8 years straight. There is a lot more customization available skill-wise. Necromancer and Assassin were my preferred class. The only part I got lost in were rune words. You'll enjoy it a lot once you get into it. Good luck! Let me know how it goes. :)

@ Arctic
Edited by sjrichards91#1733 on 10/20/2013 5:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 05:29 PMPosted by sjrichards91
There is a lot more customization available skill-wise.

See, now I read this a lot on these forums, but I feel like it's a complete myth. Different builds became Viable at different times thru the life of D2, but really there was only a couple builds people used at any given time.

Sure at master 5 or mp10 on pc, there might only be one or 2 builds people use. I've used quite a few builds with each class already that all worked up to master 1 or 2 and let's be honest master 1 on this is harder than hell mode was on D2.

I don't know, just my opinion and I'm a D3 noob so to speak. I do have a 60 of each class though already. Yeah, I'm kinda hooked..
Reply Quote
And I get to fight side by side with Tyreal. Too cool, Blizzard. Too cool.

Still upset about Cain dying though. Not cool, Blizzard. Not cool
Reply Quote
Loved it except for my save file being corrupted. I've killed Diablo since 1996 and love it every time. Now I can do it with my girlfriend at my side and not have to own 2 computers and 2 copies of the game. I am down with the freedom too, I am not in highschool any more and do not have time to mess up on 3 characters before finally getting that BOSS build... Especially since my girlfriend is a soft core gamer and likes to completely switch up her character at different points of the game.

I am not too worried about the save crashing. I mean I lost everything and am pretty pissed, but with how loose PS3 version is maybe Ill be able to find a copied save file of a monk so I can continue where we left off.
Reply Quote
Haha!

I still play Diablo 2 to this day, I don't think I'll ever stop playing it. But Diablo 3 is a pretty decent upgrade!

I'm happy to see someone comment on how much they like this game for once, instead of seeing yet another person complain.

Happy hunting sir!

I could never call diablo 3 an upgrade.

d3 is a legend in itself and imho can never be beat unless someone stays close to its roots when developing a game (like i hoped they would on d3, but didnt.)

Dont get me wrong d3 is a great game and its getting better with every patch, but comparing it to diablo 2 isn't really a far comparison.
Reply Quote
I'm glad you got the game for console for the reason that you get to experience some of the changes that are yet to come to the PC.

Example;Smart loot(items that drop for class you are playing), unique items are no longer static with their item level(can be found for any level), unique items dropping more frequently(you dont feel cheated for hard work), paragon levels account bound(no longer bound to individual characters), and less loot clutter.

I'm sure the list goes on. I put in at least 1300 hours into D3 on PC and I'm already enjoying the console version more because of the changes.
Edited by Blackthorne#1176 on 10/24/2013 7:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Haha!

Happy hunting sir!

I could never call diablo 3 an upgrade.

d3 is a legend in itself and imho can never be beat unless someone stays close to its roots when developing a game (like i hoped they would on d3, but didnt.)

Dont get me wrong d3 is a great game and its getting better with every patch, but comparing it to diablo 2 isn't really a far comparison.

Really? What patch are you referring to when you say it isn't really a fair comparison? D2 was fun but when the expac came out and all the patches it became legendary. D3 is still in its primal state w/o an expac released.

Everything will change in D3 when the expac comes out. I even bet they will make a 2nd expac where things will get even better.
Reply Quote
Really? What patch are you referring to when you say it isn't really a fair comparison? D2 was fun but when the expac came out and all the patches it became legendary. D3 is still in its primal state w/o an expac released.

Everything will change in D3 when the expac comes out. I even bet they will make a 2nd expac where things will get even better.

I agree with this. Blizzard seems to always up the ante big time with their xpacs. Cant really speak for the later xpacs of WoW, but every other time I've been thoroughly impressed.
Edited by MyGapingJaw#1642 on 10/24/2013 9:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm gonna attempt to change the direction of this convo if I can and if not I'll just let the thread die.

With that being said, are there any other references to Diablo of old or things in D3, such as getting to fight side by side with Tyreal that just plain make you smile?
Reply Quote
10/19/2013 09:25 PMPosted by MyGapingJaw
I love that so much has been simplified since then without losing all the charm and let's say "the crack". Town portals and ID scrolls.. Gone! Messing up your build at level 90.. Gone! I mean the list goes on and on.

Exactly this.
As much as I was crazy for D2, I have not stopped playing D3 since I was fortunate enough to grab a copy on Sept 3rd, and it's all I've played since.
Nice read :)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/25/2013 10:45 AMPosted by MyGapingJaw
With that being said, are there any other references to Diablo of old or things in D3, such as getting to fight side by side with Tyreal that just plain make you smile?

I think my favorite throwback is the Ancient Pyre in Southern Highlands with Gharbad the Strong. There are some other great homage's in Diablo III, though.
Reply Quote
If you think Diablo 2 is complicated come play Path of Exile :) A mans game!
Reply Quote
10/25/2013 11:50 AMPosted by Grimiku

I think my favorite throwback is the Ancient Pyre in Southern Highlands with Gharbad the Strong. There are some other great homage's in Diablo III, though.

Gharbad was one of my favorite quests from the original, I still say his lines out loud in that goatman voice sometimes when I'm bored.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]