Diablo® III

Tribute to Yodatoy, you will be missed !

MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile

Yoda, you have helped me out a lot, and I will be forever appreciative of that. I have never understood the point of buying all that gear and playing the set for a few days, but to each their own I suppose.

That's what I appreciate about Yoda....the diversity in what he does. Its the exact opposite of what I do, of course. But i don't have the time, mostly, to be swapping around and trying a bunch of new things. Sometimes, its gets boring working on the same set...looking for incremental upgrades. THat come...once every few weeks, it seems, lol. So, I give kudos to Yoda for mixing it up so much, playing all the different gears, all the different brekpoints. Seems like fun.
Reply Quote
10/17/2013 06:02 AMPosted by yodatoy
Keeping the odd eye on the forums here. I'll probably come back for the Expansion

GREAT NEWS! I will also keep my odd eye on the forum here until xpac.

Aph, Nat set was the key. It took me the whole year and quarter to listen to you.

Aph and Shand knew what they were doing a full year before we figured it out. True story
Reply Quote
Aph and Shand knew what they were doing a full year before we figured it out. True story

that's why they left so early. Shand reached the max mit wiz (not dps) and left. Aph knew there was no point in grinding when he will be only buying stuff to upgrade after he reached his max. For me, I thought I could play Barbie Doll but it also has its limitation.
Reply Quote
10/17/2013 06:42 AMPosted by yodatoy

that's why they left so early. Shand reached the max mit wiz (not dps) and left. Aph knew there was no point in grinding when he will be only buying stuff to upgrade after he reached his max. For me, I thought I could play Barbie Doll but it also has its limitation.

What happened to just playing the game though. Everyone is so caught up in checking out profiles. Perhaps this game does suck.
Reply Quote
What happened to just playing the game though. Everyone is so caught up in checking out profiles. Perhaps this game does suck.

It's like this:
You gear up. conquered MP10 a long long time ago.
You upgrade. takes 2 secs off killing bosses and elites.
Hmm..
You upgrade. takes another 5 secs off killing bosses and elites.
hmm.
You sidegrade. Now you can take molten bomb but killing time doesn't feel efficient.
hmm...
You upgrade. but not satisfied b/c you don't feel like fully maxed with gearing.
hmm...
you sidegrade. Feels alright...
hmm....
Snipe.
now I can stop....NOT.

all along, you played only 10 min of d3 and 1 hour or AH3.

Will log on tomorrow. All that time, your wiz was MP10 capable and even efficient.

Human psychology...or possibly addiction.
Reply Quote
Have a nice vacation Yoda, see ya back in a week or two, or at the latest after blizzcon.
Reply Quote
10/17/2013 06:42 AMPosted by yodatoy

Nope. Well, I can't speak for Aph but Shandlar wrote a post once sayin that the nerfs to monster power was the nail in the coffin for him. He said that he was most attracted to SNS because of "massive AOE damage coupled with mit". You point out that he had "the best mit (not dps)"? That's because his mit used to matter. It used to be necessary. Once they took away that necessity, he no longer felt the game was fun. That's what drove him to monk. But I couldn't tell you what happened from there.
Reply Quote
That's what drove him to monk. But I couldn't tell you what happened from there.

My guess is that he discovered that the monk can be somewhat boring, especially solo, and is often just the overawestitute in a group?

-dolynick
Reply Quote
Naw shandlar never played in groups.

He strictly used his monk to farm DEs for his wizard.

Probably saw how pointless it was.

Last I heard from him he said he was making a killin everyday via the AH. So I was surprised to see him disappear
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Every player plays the game for different reasons.

Some players prefer shopping for items for the sake of having those items.

Some players prefer grinding endlessly because they love the combat.

Some players hunt for achievements and nothing else.

Some players like brawling/PvP.

Some players build up stats and test their characters out in-game over and over.

Some players play and explore the game's contents for the sake of playing the game.

Some players flip items for the sake of making some pocket change (or more).

You get the idea.

Regardless of what state the game's in, there's always something to do. While obviously you can't do the same thing forever, all I can suggest for people that have quit and are lurking, or plan on quitting, is to be open and embrace new ideas.

I used to be strictly AH. I just spent hours on end looking for items to tack onto my wizard. I jsp'd, bribed people on Diabloprogress, stalked other users for their items, cornered them, and ripped their prized possessions off of them. But I didn't really play much other than getting my wizard to paragon 100. That was all.

But then I decided to try other wizard builds. I decided to experiment with different skill sets based on the items that I've managed to accumulate over time. It wasn't like I had X amount of gear and just ran Archon all day all night. I played with SNS. Meteor. Sleet Storm. Arcane Torrent-based builds. Blizzard builds. Wacky builds like my ninja build. Disintegrate. Wave of Force. On and on and on.

I ran ubers for a while. Got bored, so I leveled other classes. Explored them for a while to get a better grasp of them. Did my best to understand terms and conversations the classes are having. Achievement hunted. Oh, lots of achievement hunting. YouTube videos. Lots of video work. Photoshop. Loved playing with screenshots. Always went back to the wizard to cycle through the activities.

Now grinding paragon levels on other classes. I'm probably going to level another female wizard to 100 after my monk/WD and do some joint video projects with PieHole if possible. Then level the barb and DH to 100 before the next patch/expansion. All with some periodic shopping when I have the funds in hand. More crafting because I still want those dream gloves. Still waiting for that lottery ticket item as well, so I keep on playing.

So back to my point. There's always something to do. If case 1 doesn't appeal to you, go for case 2, if not case 2, then case 3. Get bored of cases 4-5, maybe case 1 seems fun again so you go back to it.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 10/17/2013 8:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Naw shandlar never played in groups.

He strictly used his monk to farm DEs for his wizard.

Probably saw how pointless it was.

Last I heard from him he said he was making a killin everyday via the AH. So I was surprised to see him disappear

The DE thing is news to me but it makes sense. Yes, I remember asking him to join his game and him telling me, "the monk doesn't make much sense with someone else in the game." I never actually got to play with Shand :(

Anyway, hopefully one day our departed friends will return to our forums once more. And now we add Yoda to the list.

PS. Yoda if you come back after some god awfully short break, ima lose it on you all over again. :)
Reply Quote
Best of luck yoda!

Thanks for everything :)
Reply Quote
So...is this still a thing? or was my:

10/17/2013 07:41 AMPosted by BDF
Have a nice vacation Yoda, see ya back in a week or two, or at the latest after blizzcon.

Correct?
Reply Quote
Posted by BDFHave a nice vacation Yoda, see ya back in a week or two, or at the latest after blizzcon.

10/21/2013 07:18 AMPosted by BDF
Correct?

What was the over/under? You might have won BDF
Reply Quote
lol
Reply Quote
he said in a week but I put the wiz together less than a week. so he lost on his spread.

but I am embarrassed to be back...
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 10/21/2013 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 09:12 AMPosted by yodatoy
he said in a week but I put the wiz together less than a week. so he lost on his spread.

I'll keep that in mind next time this happens.

=D
Reply Quote
Even I was wrong...
Sorry, still don't have me fooled. See you next week.

P.S. I can't stand epeen threads, but your threads were anything but.

I should have said "see you this week"

But Sunday can be considered the start of a new week, right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]