Diablo® III

I <3 Poe: Flame me if you Dare...

1-10 rating system A+RPG :
D2 = 6 A, 6 RPG = 12
D3 = 8 A, 1 RPG = 9
Poe = 2 A, 8 RPG = 10

The ultimate Arpg would be D3's combat, engine and poe's mechanics.
Reply Quote
I really don't get the point of these posts.... Ok, you found a game you think is better, goodie for you, why don't you go spend your time playing it instead of clogging up the forums with some glorified whine post.

Boohoo, Diablo 3 wasn't the stopper for whatever hole there is in your life, move on and get over it, it's a freaking video game.
Reply Quote
PoE is fun, they do get a lot right. And I haven't really played the full release yet obviously so I cant say which game I will like better.

So far, D3 wins even with its flaws, as I believe PoE also has its share of flaws, mostly the enemies and bosses are pretty bland and boring, and some things are straight stolen from d2/d3, I mean come-on Brutus is such a butcher rip-off its hilarious!. The act 2 boss is really lame, nothing to do with the story. Act 3 boss is O.K. D3 wins by far with enemy, boss and combat mechanics and even an more interesting roster of skills, just a less interesting way to choose/implement them.

I'm far more excited for RoS than I am for PoE, But at least PoE will hold me over until then!!
Reply Quote
@mugel, ever played kingdoms of amalur? way better combat fuidity than d3, and also a game with the lowest graphics on the market better have fluid combat, or fail, im pretty sure thats the only aspect that keeps people playing.
Reply Quote
@Stella, I kinda agree with you. PoE is definitely truer to D1 and a dash of D2 compared to D3. It is very dark, dangerous and feels like you are inside the game.

However, I still enjoy D3. I have more friends playing D3 than PoE. But once I get bored with D3 I will continue PoE.

One thing really turned me off in PoE though - the constant upgrades and updates. It seriously made me mad that I have to update every other day or week before I can start playing. It kinda is TOO much development - mostly fixes and a few new content.

I wish PoE would standardize updates to once every month or once every other month. Not everyone appreciates the need to get new stuff every day.

But yes, PoE is an awesome game too.
Reply Quote
good for you, you love poe. so uh, why are you posting about it in the d3 forums instead of playing poe? oh that's right, because you love d3 more.
Reply Quote
10/16/2013 10:53 PMPosted by KurbbStompp
@mugel, ever played kingdoms of amalur? way better combat fuidity than d3, and also a game with the lowest graphics on the market better have fluid combat, or fail, im pretty sure thats the only aspect that keeps people playing.

I loved the combat even better in Divinity 2. It was truly awesome. I was praying (as an atheist this is serious) badly that D3 will have the combat of Divinity 2, no joking.
Reply Quote
PoE = Can't see squat in caves due to ridiculous sight distance limitations, can't see items drop due to the Gears of War type color palette, combat is clunky & unresponsive, story is even more nonexistent than D3's, passive skill tree merely provides the 'illusion' of depth, very limited ability to respec which discourages experimentation for those who don't have the time to level a new character if they screw up, barter-based economy is cumbersome, classes are gender-locked, character skills have to be 'found' like any other loot, lack of leg armor, gear choice limited by what kind of skills you want to use due to sockets... the list goes on.

Now despite all this, I don't think it's a bad game. But better then D3? Heck no. Marvel Heroes you could make a case for, but not PoE. It's not bad at all for a company's first attempt, but it is what it is; a well-intentioned but extremely amateurish ARPG made by fans of the genre. I wish the game, its creators, and its fans good luck, but I'll stick with a polished AAA product like D3 or MH (the latter of which I'm currently addicted to. Hooray for Ms. Marvel!).

@Kurbbstompp: worst graphics? Umm, no, just no. Furthermore you can't even compare the combat in D3 to Divinity 2 or KoA, they're entirely different types of games. That's like saying Final Fantasy is a better RPG then Cruisin' USA, it's apples & oranges. Sheesh, some people these days...
Edited by Rednecksith#1406 on 10/17/2013 12:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

One thing really turned me off in PoE though - the constant upgrades and updates. It seriously made me mad that I have to update every other day or week before I can start playing. It kinda is TOO much development - mostly fixes and a few new content.

I wish PoE would standardize updates to once every month or once every other month. Not everyone appreciates the need to get new stuff every day.

Now I feel like I've seen every kind of complaint.
Forums are over, go home folks.
Reply Quote

Now I feel like I've seen every kind of complaint.
Forums are over, go home folks.

What?
Reply Quote
I don't like PoE's skill system. At all. I don't like that some stuff can only be used for maces and staves and not axes etc. I also hate that there's a restriction in that you need to first find the skill gem, and then you need to have the right socket.

furthermore, I don't like the idea that you cannot respect when leveling already is taking long enough. Having no respecs or long leveling is fine, but really having both is enough of a reason for me to not keep playing further because I know that I'm already messing up my character beyond repair.
Reply Quote
Power over Ethernet is great and I tuned in to see why one would hate it in relation to Diablo 3..... Tunning out now
Reply Quote
10/16/2013 09:11 PMPosted by marmoset
i thought this was about Edgar Allen Poe
lmao

Played POE for about a week got bored quickly. Wont pick it up again and seriously OP i know you love trolling but couldnt you have come up with something better than this?
Reply Quote
So far, D3 wins even with its flaws, as I believe PoE also has its share of flaws, mostly the enemies and bosses are pretty bland and boring, and some things are straight stolen from d2/d3, I mean come-on Brutus is such a butcher rip-off its hilarious!. The act 2 boss is really lame, nothing to do with the story.

You do realise that POE was announced before D3... and that POE's Act 1 content including the "Brutus" fight was released to Closed Beta before anything was seen from the D3 Butcher fight??

But don't let facts get in the way of your bias. ;-)
Reply Quote
@OP Glad you're enjoying PoE.

The game sucks, though...sadly. Played a lot since the beginning of Beta and they couldn't get the engine polished enough.

The game options are indeed more appealing than D3 and I like the more hardcore feeling of it, also the skill tree is amazing, but...once again, the engine and the gameplay feeling is miles short from D3, which saddens me.

While D3 had many shortcomings and still has, it's engine is rock solid as all Blizz games, which Is a very big deal in a ARPG.
Reply Quote
Lol diablo 3 way better them poe

When RoS come ... Waht is poe again?
Reply Quote
I cant install POE anymore, it ruins my life =[
Reply Quote
10/17/2013 05:03 AMPosted by joejoejoeydo
You do realise that POE was announced before D3

PoE announcement: September 1, 2010
http://www.pathofexile.com/press/release#releasetarget

D3 announcement: June 28, 2008
http://web.archive.org/web/20080822031256/http://www.blizzard.com/us/press/080628.html

10/17/2013 05:03 AMPosted by joejoejoeydo
But don't let facts get in the way of your bias. ;-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]