Diablo® III

Auction House Alternative Idea... AH --> Store System

I 100% agree that the Auction House has to go...
But can they keep the listing of item to sell attached to the account?
Basically remove the Search Tab from the AH and BOOM it a store system.
People can right click on other players and view their store!

Upgrade required: Be able to list more than 10 items (20-25 plz)
Only players that recently played with you, in your friend list, in chat, that have access to your account in the recently played char can right click on your name and select View Store.

Keep the fee for RMAH and AH system but make it a store system...
Allow people to still sell gold to other players for real money, but by using the store system.
Basically if people want to buy cheap gold, they can do it using a legit system instead of 3rd party website.

The issue of the AH was that finding item and comparing item made it too easy and there was too many item, making lv1-59 to easy to level up with the AH system. When we are at CAP level, there will always be people selling the best item or item to upgrade based on your player.

Ideally, it would be nice to have a public game were more than 8 players can join to chat and trade item and dual, no pvm... I would love it if we could be 20 in a game for pvp/brawling.

Needless to say... don't allow 3rd party website to list items of all stores of all players to re-create a search engine for items. Basically everyone has their circle of friend and they can buy item from their friends.
Reply Quote
Interesting idea. I'm not going to criticize or support it, but it sounds like the next big thing would be games where people join and leave to maximize the number of people they can buy items from.

So instead of playing the game, or playing the AH, now we have another step: join a game, leave, Check store.
Reply Quote
Actually this is not a bad idea, i don't think it's the perfect solution, but certain aspects of this would be nice to see, though i disagree with you on the real money involvement, it's a game afterall.
Reply Quote
10/19/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Zaoo
Actually this is not a bad idea, i don't think it's the perfect solution, but certain aspects of this would be nice to see, though i disagree with you on the real money involvement, it's a game afterall.

I dont fully care about the RM(store) but since it will be done using 3rd party site, I dont see why it cant be done with blizzard...

But none the less, for items, the store system would be nice.
Even if someone search on everyone store, and buy stuff to try to resell at higher price...
The amount of buyer and seller is limited to your own circle.

If you go in a trading chat to advertise an item for sell... it would be nice that this item... be easily purchasable without loosing too much time...

Well I just feel it would be a nice compromise...
I have no idea if anyone proposed that idea before...
Basically there no more Auction system, and item can be listed for weeks instead of days.

Could also disable so we aren't allowed to access a store of someone offline... if it mattered that much, but I like the idea of keeping it as a store and not an auction with a search feature on criteria. The search was what killed the game.

Just think about the millions++ of items in game, you physically can't search all player to estimate the value of items, it will have different estimate based on your circle of friend...
Reply Quote
Sounds like an app, buy gear instead of auctioning, sounds like a good idea. Let's wait and see if Blizz has any new ideas up their sleeve. Maybe some announcement at Blizzcon. I don't play online on PC, the console is fun for me, and the drops are better.
Reply Quote
I like this idea in a way, I would make the personal store take over the auction house tab . then it would be set up before playing, you set the items/gold in a store tab for what it is worth in gold/real money, then only people you are playing with may browse and buy from your store. You may only add or remove items while NOT in game, only while in the character selected (quest select) screen. Items/gold purchased are immediately put in the stash.
Lastly a game type called THE BAZAAR is added which let's you have a 20-25 player game for trading/PvP/gear testing (target dummies which can be set to attack). This way players can cycle through and trade if they wish and try out their purchases.
Reply Quote
Nice idea.
Reply Quote
I would rather just join a PW game a big area outside the normal game. that just has booths everywhere created by you the player. if i choose check out your booth i see your stuff..
Reply Quote
It's a pretty old idea. The Koreans have been doing it for a long time on their free to play games. The first I ran into it was in Mu online about a dozen years ago.
Reply Quote
Yep, MU online was the first to use this feature and it made everything simple. Everyone was just afk standing in town as virtual stores lol.
Reply Quote
Yes the store system has been done for a long time in Korean games. It doesn't mean it is a bad system, and it isn't like we need some revolutionary trading system...
Reply Quote
Possible, I don't know MU online...
but I just figured... there no need to throw all the code of the AH system away...
Just get ride of the search tab... and enable people to browse player stall...

Anyway, I just hope with everyone at blizzard, at least one person had that idea, and it got declined.
I don't mind if it get refused, I just figured it should be considered.

If I have item for sell, I don't like having to run everywhere and advertise them all the time.
Worst case scenario, they can reduce the amount of item to 5... so it really limited...

anyway, let hope that their alternative will be fun.
I don't want to use the crappy trading system and having to deal with players that open trade window, close, reopen, re close, reopen and than try to scam you by putting the wrong item that look alike.

They should seriously consider doing something, like all item should have a value calculated and displayed, so it stand out when someone put the wrong item.
Reply Quote
10/22/2013 11:01 AMPosted by Purlom
Yes the store system has been done for a long time in Korean games. It doesn't mean it is a bad system, and it isn't like we need some revolutionary trading system...

Actually AH is the highest form of trading system.

We just aren't mature enough to have nice things.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8518432894

A player store system will be a step down, which seems to be what people want, convenient but not too convenient. So it could work. However since it still uses gold as a currency (instead of bartering) the D2 purist might still object.
Edited by Wtflag#1258 on 10/27/2013 10:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]