Diablo® III

Create your own Legendary?

Really? I wonder, how many people think this is something new and exciting? Makes me seriously wonder if this is something all kinds of awesome and they wanna put their two cents in so bad.

Guess what, its not. They didnt have the idea, they used the idea someone else already did. Only difference is, the other people did it first, did it better, and are still doing it...daily.

https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase

You can literally make as many items as you want. Charan and Reaper have made over 3 themselves that are already in game. Thats right, ALREADY IN THE GAME. And its not even released yet. They also have another 1(Reaper) and 2(Charan) coming into the game soon.

I also have a weapon in the game already. You think Blizzard is genius? Try again. They took over a year for an idea that their more successful opponent has already been doing for a year.

Also, just so you know, out of their impressive list of over 180 uniques or legendaries, almost a third of them are player and contributer made. Meaning at least 50 different weapons, armour, and other various in game items are player made. Already in the game.

Let that sink in...these items, that non dev players created, are already obtainable in the game.
Edited by Zalm#1333 on 10/18/2013 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The mad is strong in this kid.
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 02:13 PMPosted by Promanguy
The mad is strong in this kid.

Not mad, dissapointed. This could have been a great game, and the community for Diablo used to be excellent, sans a few douches. But now, the only ones left are fanboys and new players, and over 90% of anyone who used to game in the diablo franchise has left, or gone back to D2. And when they left, they went to PoE...which by the way, we are still getting new players who ask about some of the mechanics because they 'are so much more complicated and interesting than D3 stuff'.

I literally just had to walk a fresh player on the forums over the skill systems in PoE since he was so ingrained that only certain skills are good for each class and the rest are useless, no matter what your build or gear is. It was a completely foreign idea to him that any class could use any skill and any skill could be as easily used and powerful as the rest of the skills. He had no concept that nearly every skill was balanced, useful and could be modded to fit his playstyle so easily.

It was sad and at the same time fun to see him get so excited.
Reply Quote
Would be great if a legendary could keep you company. Every minute or so it would talk to you and give you some random fact about the world around you.
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 02:49 PMPosted by Stinkyfinger
Would be great if a legendary could keep you company. Every minute or so it would talk to you and give you some random fact about the world around you.

I think they have a thread about this. Somewhere you can post ideas about the new 'make your own legendary' thing. This is a thread on how this idea is unoriginal, and stolen. Not to mention, already being done more effectively elsewhere.
Reply Quote
You can't always think of everything first.. and there should be no shame in using elements implemented in other games that are successful. QQ much?
Reply Quote
MVP
10/18/2013 02:53 PMPosted by Zalm
Not to mention, already being done more effectively elsewhere.

At the cost of $1,500 USD as a bare minimum.

Might be an important tidbit to add to your "factual" analysis wouldn't you think?

EDIT: The DoRD (The Department of Redundancy Department) repossessed a few words in the first sentence for being redundant enough to warrant their repossession of the first few words because they were redundant.

Yes, that was intentional. =P
Edited by Drothvader#1215 on 10/18/2013 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/18/2013 02:53 PMPosted by Zalm
I think they have a thread about this. Somewhere you can post ideas about the new 'make your own legendary' thing.

I believe this is the article you're referencing: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11291161/

The goal of this particular project is to give interested players a more in-depth look into how Legendary items are made, particularly under our new "Loot 2.0" philosophy. By using a single Legendary item as a point of reference and sharing interviews with the artists/developers responsible for designing and implementing it, we can (hopefully) provide players with a better, more direct understanding of item design in Diablo III and Reaper of Souls.

To makes things a bit more interactive, we're also giving the community the ability to contribute to different parts of the design process for this particular Legendary item. We'll be using polls, podcasts, and contests to facilitate this. This certainly isn't a new idea, and it definitely isn't groundbreaking, but we think it'll be fun (and ideally educational).

We'll see how it goes!
Edited by Lylirra on 10/18/2013 4:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 05:09 PMPosted by Planet
The idea is a Shield, with blades and a chain that's attached to the special glove.

I think Rygar would be a cooler name.
Reply Quote

If i had free rain this is what I would come up with.

lol.....

OP got it right... but at least D3 is starting to acknowledge PoE's superior dev team. To bad Chris at grinding gear games didn't have Wilson's budget.
Edited by EzPz#1260 on 10/18/2013 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

If i had free rain this is what I would come up with.

lol.....

OP got it right... but at least D3 is starting to acknowledge PoE's superior dev team. To bad Chris at grinding gear games didn't have Wilson's budget.

10/18/2013 03:47 PMPosted by DrothVader
At the cost of $1,500 USD as a bare minimum.

Also, PoE's "design your own item for a hefty price" isn't quite the same as being to freely offer input on a Diablo legendary that will be available to all.

In fact, it's nowhere near the same.
Reply Quote
I've always loved making themed characters in regards to both aesthetic and builds. This has been somewhat of a challenge with Diablo 3, but with the upcoming transmog and redesigned legendaries it looks like I will have much more control over making my character tailored to my looking.

So in that regard, I'd love to see more legendaries that give power to a specific niche, "themed", build. If you look at my (lady) Witch Doctor you'll notice that I have geared it out with as much "pet proc" legendaries as possible. The problem though, is that there's no direct synergy between those items and the actual pet skills I am using.

I have some ideas for build-enabling legendaries that I'm definitely looking forward to sharing when this feature gets underway. :)
Reply Quote
I am a huge fan of legendaries having 'bonus' skills that are unique to the item, or even from other classes.. how cool would it be to have a teleporting barbarian?! lol
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Zalm
But now, the only ones left are fanboys and new players, and over 90% of anyone who used to game in the diablo franchise has left, or gone back to D2.

Nice numbers you're pulling out of thin air.
Reply Quote
Where's the Diablo 2 open servers when you need them.... I'd show you a thing or two about creating your own legendary
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]