Diablo® III

Create your own Legendary?

I don't like this idea at all even without knowing the details. Stick to crafting and loot drops and call it a day. I am down for some sort of imbuing quest that MVP mentioned
Reply Quote
YA you only have to spend $1500, mere chump change for the average player... lol, op if you are having so much fun playing poe, why are you on the d3 forums, your just like the people who make a post that says... " Ive had it, I quit.... blah blah blah" LOL
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 02:15 PMPosted by Lylirra
For players who aren't interested in either item design or the structure of the activity itself, then it may not be. If you don't find it interesting or worth your time, that's fine. Skip it! No biggie. (Seriously.) You shouldn't feel obligated to participate in something lighthearted like this, especially since it's completely voluntary.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923457/104-legendary-item-improvements-8-14-2012

I would love to participate. Thing is - I feel like each an EVERY great idea has been ignored so far. And there were tons of threads regarding legendary improvements already in 2012. (If I recall correctly, some threads where started by moderators) All we got were visual effects on some of the items.

You thoroughly earned your 3.8 metacritic user rating through all the really poor choices you made (always online still being a major flaw). Prove that Blizzard's talks of community involvement are worth a damn and improve your treatment of customers by removing always online and AH first which we asked for for 16 months, then ask us again.
100% of the players still active don't care if their loot is crap, which is proven by the fact that they are still active! Those are not the ones you should ask stuff like this. Wait for actual gamers to come back.

Let me sum it up:You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?
Edited by gudlbua#2632 on 10/21/2013 4:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 02:28 PMPosted by Menacetech
I'm not interested in anything other than seeing why it takes several months to create a single legendary item.

Because if you have 10,000 people doing any one thing it will take that long.
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 03:17 PMPosted by Lylirra
Let that sink in.

Shall I do so with a bang or a whimper.

Out with a bang!

Lylirra, it basically boils down to this.

"I'm angry and upset at Blizzard for whatever reason so I'm going to shoot down and criticize everything that comes out."

Like I said at the beginning of this thread. If you want to make a Legendary item in Path of Exile it will cost you a baseline of $1,500 USD.

What Blizzard is offering is the community a chance to be guaranteed somewhat of a more direct involvement with the creation of an item from start to finish.

It is nearly impossible to do anything nowadays without copying / borrowing / being inspired from something else externally. It's just not possible to create a game with completely 100% new concepts that have never been seen before. The time for such innovation has long since passed. (Besides, if you were to just make a game without any borrowed concepts you would confuse the hell out of your target market)

Like Lylirra said, if you don't want to participate, that's fine... but don't expect it will just be scrapped because you personally don't want to be involved.

Droth pretty much hit the nail on the head.

We can stop necroing this thread now.
Reply Quote

Like I said at the beginning of this thread. If you want to make a Legendary item in Path of Exile it will cost you a baseline of $1,500 USD.

What Blizzard is offering is the community a chance to be guaranteed somewhat of a more direct involvement with the creation of an item from start to finish.

It is nearly impossible to do anything nowadays without copying / borrowing / being inspired from something else externally. It's just not possible to create a game with completely 100% new concepts that have never been seen before.

The two aren't really even copying each other, to be honest, other than that they both involve adding a "unique/legendary" level item to an ARPG.

Quick analogy time - what Blizzard is doing is akin to the student body voting on a new university logo after several rounds of feedback, comment, and requests, while what GGG does is akin to letting a single donating alumni name a new park or re-name a wing of a building because they gave enough money. Both affect what you'd see at the school, but the intent behind them couldn't be more different.
Reply Quote

Droth pretty much hit the nail on the head.

We can stop necroing this thread now.

Necro?

This thread was started three days ago. Hasn't had a chance to die yet, much less be necroed.
Reply Quote
That joke flew way over your heads.

I'm not a "fanboy" and there's literally nothing to discuss.

Feel free to babble in defense of your PoE crusade.
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 05:09 PMPosted by Planet
If i had free rain this is what I would come up with.

A Planet without free rain? Sounds like a harsh place.
Reply Quote

I get the vibe that you think you're clever. That's adorable.
Reply Quote

That's weird because I'm getting the same vibe from you.

What I said was completely true fyi
Reply Quote
10/21/2013 03:16 PMPosted by Lylirra
Of, pft. It doesn't actually take months to create a single Legendary item.

Careful, admitting something like that might be the first step to landing you on the WoW CM team... :P

This project might be neat, though I get the feeling you would entice much less trolling if you gave dates and schedules instead of the standard Blizzard vague variety of "soon" lines. It wasn't that long ago that the community watched the "ask the developers" go up in flames and disappear. It is not hard to understand why people would be skeptical of something like this.

As for the OP,
I'm all for Blizzard stealing every idea they can if those ideas make the game better. If you care about that kind of thing why are you supporting a Goliath company anyway? There are tons of great indie studios being wild and creative that would love your support.
Reply Quote
i like this
Edited by Erplayer#1641 on 10/21/2013 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

End

tis true. the fact that people are arguing over this is mind-boggling. who cares who did it first. if its a good feature why not use it. its free also and who knows if they won't do more around this.
Reply Quote
Aside from creating new legendaries, im really hoping they remake some of the current ones to make them accually worth using...bump up some of the unique stats they currently have.

Also just to throw this out there, items that have a 1.6% chance to stun is pretty useless....so changing that to more like a 15% chance would be nice :)
Reply Quote

I'm still waiting for you to say something of substance.

At least I tried to make a point in defense of Blizzard (this time around, at least, I'm on their side - what they are doing is different), instead of proclaiming this thread was useless (you don't get to decide what is worth discussing and what isn't) and making a poor attempt at humor where, quite frankly, no one but you knows the punchline.
Reply Quote
Don't you have to pay a ridiculous amount of money to craft your own legendary in path of exile?

i would be embarrassed to openly tell people i have one....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]