Diablo® III

for ppl who don't know what crypt run is

So far I think this is the most efficient way to do it:

This is what we call crypt prep:

3 or 4 friends start different games, whoever first find crypt on fields of misery invite the others.

A barb/monk will then run the crypt all the way through level 2. One reason is to make those wretched mothers puke a lot more zombies, the other is to make a town portal at level 2.

The reason to make a TP at level 2 is the event here and the resplendent chest will instantly give every one 2 NV (buffs) once everyone ports here.

2* while the barb/monk is running, the other teammates do not just wait in town, they are going to look and fight elite packs in festering woods.

In order to wait for the crypt guy, what they do is to cause huge damage but NOT kill the packs. once the crypt guy is done he can join and kill the elites fast.

A few notes here:
a) 2 buffs are guaranteed in crypt, so we only need to get 3 packs in woods. this saves a lot of time. you don't need to go Leoric's Manor at all.

b) whoever run the crypt and make the TP, make sure that never use TP again but only waypoint. Or you will lose the portal to crypt level 2(this happens a lot during actually runs.... people always forget no matter how hard I tried to remind them).

c) Sometimes the barb/monk running crypt is not the character he meant to play. To switch the character, when he is done crypt running, one of the others need to port to him at crypt 2 and make a portal for everyone. (When you switch char, you lose the town portal).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dh is currently paragon 94, if 4 people team after each run I can have about 2 bars xp.(just for crypt).(used the same way to get my monk to p100 fast)

I decided to write a post here is because, when I invite ppl from pub for crypt run not many people seem to understand the strategy.

played with a monk paragon 79 last night he thought I was using him to level my barb. I explained multiple times before we started and he just would not listen, yet he was not willing to follow my lead.

I have a few friends run together every day but they are usually online pretty late.

Feel free to join my game if you wanna do the same thing together.
Reply Quote
Yes crypt runs rock.As long as a crypt spawns.
Reply Quote
sounds like an exploit to me, and get your fill of this now... i smell a nerf.
Reply Quote
yea it is an exploit, you shouldnt level faster in act 1 than you do in act3. terrible game makes for terrible game mechanics
Reply Quote
i dont see how leorics would hurt anything other then make it faster finding elites.
Reply Quote
the only purpose of leoric when doing crypt run is to give you a buff.

But like I explained you only need 3 buff from woods and 2 instant buff from crypt level 2, that saves the time runing leoric.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info Akira, just watched a few vids on the subject trying to understand this run. Personally, I don't see how Leoric's really sets anyone back but a few minutes, but ok. I just like killing things, especially elites. Unfortunately, I mainly play solo and atm running an Archon Wiz, so not exactly ideal for this run unless it's already set up. But I'm going to try and see if I can still get a lot more XP than I usually do when this crypt spawns. Once again thanks for the info, and as far as the exploit goes, yeah, I can see them nerfing this like they did A3 Stigs in the future.

10/18/2013 11:40 AMPosted by KurbbStompp
yea it is an exploit, you shouldnt level faster in act 1 than you do in act3. terrible game makes for terrible game mechanics

Well if they filled the keep, caves, and dungeons like they did in A1 after a specific patch, and didn't nerf it, we would probably be in A3 again.
Reply Quote
KurbbStompp

and why shouldn't you be able to lvl faster in act 1 than 3? because 3 is a higher number? or because you say so? hope you were being sarcastic.
Reply Quote
Yes I'm familiar with this run, but as a WD I think act 2 is way better. Either just straight key runs starting at oasis, or you can find the vault 1st for stacks.
Reply Quote
That's a must read for everyone.
Akira, pls add me.
Reply Quote
Sigh... they might as well bring back the Watch Tower to its former glory :) While it can't compete XP-wise, it could have over 7 packs, 1 event, 1-2 goblins and 1 chest.
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 11:36 AMPosted by Meshuggah

I really HOPE Blizzard will nerf this kind of runs.
FOR THE SAKE OF THE PLAYERS!

This kind of playing is a violation to my brain.
How in hell players can do things like that.

I really have no answer to that question.
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Neo

This also shows that regular Joe has no chance of competing in Sharagon Level once Ladder comes out.
Reply Quote
I get more xp doing a weeping hollow run solo than crypt runs or any other pub game. Here's how:

(tried with a monk or dh, trickier with monk)

dh: caltrops jagged spikes is a must, do not use sentries. Vault tumble to get around faster, and bolas to get a hit from the initial contact and another from the explosion
monk: my current setup works fine, can replace serenity with cyclone strike implosion or eye if you have high armor/AR/vit

Load up on NV doing woods and manor.

Go to cemetery, exit south to hollow, I usually start at the left side.

Start chain killing zombies around the tombstones while slowly moving to the next mob. Do not waste time picking up anything until after the run is complete. While moving, lead a few stragglers while hitting them occasionally to keep the chain kill timer going. As a monk, sweeping wind is useful as a timer (try to get in hits before the timer icon is halfway gone), and for a dh, dropping caltrops with jagged spikes on 2-3 zombies allows you to get hits off-screen (sentries don't shoot if you can't see them, which is why you should not use em) while you vault to the next mob. For a monk, the exploding fattys make good leads since they are fast, follow well, and explode into more things to hit when dead, but the knockback is annoying. Groups of scavengers are also good, but they tend to die easily and their hits sometimes interrupt your attacks. For DH, anything works as long as you drop caltrops under them. Slows em down and keeps hitting them offscreen. It's also much easier overall since ranged attacks can be aimed at anything onscreen.

The kills really start to come in when you reach your first elite. These will act as your primary stragglers to get the hits in and keep the chain hit timer going while going from mob to mob. If an elite has two or more of those annoying affixes like vortex/knockback/freeze/waller/nightmarish which cause you to lose control/get stopped, might be worth it to just kill it and hope you find another one that is more manageable. Might also be easier to kill all but one of the elites so you don't have to deal with a multiple plague/desecration/arcane sentries opening around you all the time. Elites with teleport and extra health tend to be the best since they follow easily and take awhile to kill. After clearing all zombies in an area (*optional* and pukers after they stop spawning zombies), lead the elites (while hitting them occasionally with whatever attacks you want) to another, making a path around the entire map. When it's over, I usually get 600-800 kill streaks plus up to 2-3 bars of xp when I was in the P80s for my monk. Feel free to hit up fields after to see if a crypt has spawned for some more nv5 xp. Each run takes ~30min at most for my monk to complete (my DH takes 10-15min due to faster mobility). P90-P91 took just 4 of these runs.
Reply Quote
it's not about how you use your skills bro....

it's about which site gives your most mobs and best xp in the shortest time....

plus....solo never is a competition to full party....anyway...
Reply Quote
Nerf it? You IDIOTS! Stop saying nerf. The game is meant to be played at maximum efficiency. If you can't do that/don't do that you have no reason to complain. Remember Mephisto/PindleSkin/Baal. That is efficiency you idiots.
Reply Quote
10/19/2013 01:44 AMPosted by UnrealMagic
Nerf it? You IDIOTS! Stop saying nerf. The game is meant to be played at maximum efficiency. If you can't do that/don't do that you have no reason to complain. Remember Mephisto/PindleSkin/Baal. That is efficiency you idiots.

It is just meant to be played, actually. Also, if they nerf it, you can still play at "maximum efficiency", you'd just be doing something else.
Reply Quote
Yes, I believe this run has been going on since the increased mob density patch.

A properly prepped crypt, where the mothers spit the zombies 4-5 times can produce packs in the hundreds.

I personally watched a guy with a fresh 60 gain 6 paragon levels in one crypt run.

Hands down, there is no greater exp/time spent in this game. And of course, the multiple legendary drops per run are just a bonus.
Reply Quote
am I missing something here? how does this end up giving more xp than normal? This idea to me just sounds like an unnecessary hassle. You could probably get your 5 stacks sooner if you all just stuck together so that elites don't take twice as long to kill. Festering woods usually has 4-5 stacks in it anyway, and even if you leave there with only 4 stacks, it will only take another 30 seconds to find an elite in the fields of misery. Plus, if you split up, each group is missing out on the xp that the other group is earning. This plan doesn't make sense to me.
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Neo

I'm speechless when I encounter this kind of stupidity. Violation? Omg...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]