Diablo® III

Did anyone buy this game for the promise of PVP?

What actions has Blizzard taken since the launch of D3 on PVP? I'm so bored out of my mind beating up monster in MP10. Dueling is dumb and dull. It's use survival skills that lasts 4 seconds and dead afterwards. Gear does nothing in Dueling, Good DPS = 1 Hit your dead. So dumb.
Reply Quote
I bought this game for the promise of it being Diablo.
Boy, did I get screwed..
Reply Quote
View profile
Yea right now, what's going to happen is that it'll be a bunch of cat 'n mouse at the speed of D3 running, which would be annoying as heck. In D2 you could at least teleport extremely quickly.

I'm sure they're figuring out how to make it more entertaining. I'd rather they did that.
Reply Quote
Boy, did I get screwed..

My sentiments exactly.
Reply Quote
You guys are so cynical...maybe this will end up the same way D2 ended up. It wasn't good until LoD came out.
Reply Quote
Boy, did I get screwed..

Yes, and this too.
Reply Quote
+1 for the effort in the post
Reply Quote
No.

PS: 10K Elite kills. One character and class at level 60. Why don't you play the game? If you are bored with the little you have played of it, maybe this just isn't the game for you. Go get a copy of GRO.

The funny thing is that most people with 10k elite kills who are still on these forums are hardcore Diablo fans who got those 10k kills within the first few weeks and quickly realized how unrewarding it was to play.
Reply Quote
Nothing, nowhere, promised PvP in a timely manner. They said from the VERY beginning the focus of this game was on killing the hordes of hell. They said it in multiples interviews to multiple different sources. I think you're very confused.
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 11:30 PMPosted by Amocoru
Nothing, nowhere, promised PvP in a timely manner. They said from the VERY beginning the focus of this game was on killing the hordes of hell. They said it in multiples interviews to multiple different sources. I think you're very confused.

to be perfectly honest if a month before release (early 2012) someone had told me pvp wouldn't even be in the game a year later I would have lolled at them.
Reply Quote
PvP was said to come "later" and "after release". Both of those are still happening. 2097 is still "after release".
Reply Quote
I bought this game 50% because of PvP and because HC characters will not die permanently in pvp.

Blizzard scammed me. + 1 for topic starter. Game without pvp is not prospective. They introduced Ladder. It is good and very funny. Still, if it is the only major change, im not going to buy RoS. What for? 2 Hours new act? 1 new class?

No thanks. Without Balanced PvP i wont pay anything for blizzard. [b]Don't want to support their strategy, which is aimed to make Diablo III Single player game, but collect money from gamers, who want to play Diablo III like multiplayer cooperative and pvp action RPG.[/b]
Edited by Wistweeker#2470 on 10/19/2013 1:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No matter how much you want to !@#$% this games pvp is still 10x better than pvp in diablo 2.

In diablo 2
-it wasnt organized at all, the game didnt keep score
-no level brackets to keep the level 90s from murdering other players
-you needed to have a dedicated pvp character, instead of just changing runes.
if you made a summoning necro you could not do pvp at all, you would have to make an entirly new necromancer just for the pvp
-entire builds could be completed countered just by wearing certain items, made yourself an ice amazon? i hope that bear doesnt have a ravenfrost ring because if he does he is just going to teleport ontop of you with enigma and stunlock you with his melee attack that has a 100% chance to stun for 2 seconds
-there were no teams, it was always a free for all
-if you died once and your opponent wants to camp your corpse you have to leave the game
-everyone had to agree to not use potions, there was no way to enfource the rule, and if you did use potions you could never die
-oppenents could map town portal to a hotkey and flee to safety unless you could 1 shot them. players tried to ban TP in pvp maps but there was no way to enforce this.
Reply Quote
No matter how much you want to !@#$% this games pvp is still 10x better than pvp in diablo 2.

In diablo 2
-it wasnt organized at all, the game didnt keep score
-no level brackets to keep the level 90s from murdering other players
-you needed to have a dedicated pvp character, instead of just changing runes.
if you made a summoning necro you could not do pvp at all, you would have to make an entirly new necromancer just for the pvp
-entire builds could be completed countered just by wearing certain items, made yourself an ice amazon? i hope that bear doesnt have a ravenfrost ring because if he does he is just going to teleport ontop of you with enigma and stunlock you with his melee attack that has a 100% chance to stun for 2 seconds
-there were no teams, it was always a free for all
-if you died once and your opponent wants to camp your corpse you have to leave the game
-everyone had to agree to not use potions, there was no way to enfource the rule, and if you did use potions you could never die
-oppenents could map town portal to a hotkey and flee to safety unless you could 1 shot them. players tried to ban TP in pvp maps but there was no way to enforce this.

total bull!@#$
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 06:14 PMPosted by Shifu
What actions has Blizzard taken since the launch of D3 on PVP? I'm so bored out of my mind beating up monster in MP10. Dueling is dumb and dull. It's use survival skills that lasts 4 seconds and dead afterwards. Gear does nothing in Dueling, Good DPS = 1 Hit your dead. So dumb.

Curious, i haven't been one shot in a very long time in PVP, unless of course i go into glass cannon mode.

Maybe you should learn how to gear properly? Seriously, learn to play man. Quit whining and start grinding.

Troll Hunting MVP
Sanguine Palladian Autonomous Noob Kicker™ (S.P.A.N.K.)
AKA The Black Brigade; We Hunt For Sport ®
Caution: I'm a dude.
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 10/19/2013 4:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No, and still not interested in pvp
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]