Diablo® III

Did anyone buy this game for the promise of PVP?

10/18/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Arsonyst
You guys are so cynical...maybe this will end up the same way D2 ended up. It wasn't good until LoD came out.
Exactly. Even after LOD it took a few patches before it became as good as it did.
Reply Quote
They may not have anything to with diablo, but they are basically diablo mechanics with a balanced PvP setting. Its impossible to balance Diablo 3 for PvP, and thats why it is scrapped. And quit pulling account. Wallet Warriors winning isnt a way to judge someone for PvP. Its a way to judge someone or someone's parents job.

And honestly, your credit cards swords are pretty dull anyway. I mean, your best dmg doesnt even break 300k?

i dont even have a rmah account, never have, typical noob mentality you got there, making excuses for your lack of success and others having more than you. I farm mp10 just fine by the way, making billions on the gold AH off people like you was a piece of cake.

Those games are nothing like Diablo, the mechanics are not the same at all, they have more to do with Starcraft and Warcraft 2-3 than Diablo in terms of game mechanics and controlling units and using items and calculating builds/stats. Do you even play these games? I have, anyone who actually plays would agree.

Balancing D3 impossible? lol, only for the short sighted. Hundreds of good posts have been made about how Brawling could be balanced enough to add arenas to the game as the game stands now, but not a single change made in that direction. Once Loot 2.0 and ROS hits, it should be even easier to balance PvP with the Trifecta stat caps. Saying D3 cannot be balanced for PvP is naive to say the least. Maybe you should spend some time on your pitiful account than trying to post invalid opinions on a game you are terrible at and know little about.
Reply Quote
I like how you consider the idea that I actually play this game anymore, much less buy things from the AH. I havent actually logged into this account in over a month, and I havent actually played in over 8.

There are better games for ARPG, like PoE and Torchlite that I play.(I have a HC lvl 92 EK Shadow as well as a Summoner and a Dual Spork Totem Witch)

There are better games for PvP, Like LoL and Dota that I play. (Gold grade ARAM Player)

And if you must remember, since you have your finger on the pulse of the PvP world in D3, they abandoned D3 PvP since it was to difficult to balance. They said it, not me. If a multi billion dollar company cant find a way to balance two people with 150k dps and 300k dps, then I would assume it might very well be impossible.
Edited by Zalm#1333 on 10/20/2013 6:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 06:37 PMPosted by Jt3z
You guys are so cynical...maybe this will end up the same way D2 ended up. It wasn't good until LoD came out.
Exactly. Even after LOD it took a few patches before it became as good as it did.

can't remember if I said this already but: Is this the reason why people still play d2:classic to this day?
Reply Quote

it's not, blizzard is just too lazy / stupid.

It's very easy to have skills do different values against players

Yeah, but when those skills are based on your gear, and people are capable of buying the best gear if they have the money or time, then that leaves people who dont have the time or money to die over and over to those with the best gear.

The game is to gear oriented to be balanced. Even if every skill in the game only did 100% dmg, the guy with 300k will always outdmg the guy with 150k dps.

why dont you try brawling before you talk about PvP at all. actually some builds can out dps others even if there is a huge sheet dps difference. I would argue that a melee class with 150k could out dps a 300k ranged class in certain situations, expecially when consistency and survivability are taken into account for PvE. Even in PvP certain builds with far lower sheet dps will hit much harder than a person with double the dps, especially when defenses meant for PvP are added. You don't know this because you never tried, and you obviously to not have the tools to compete with anyone at even a mediocre level. just stop talking about what you are clueless about.

the people who spend money had to give up a lot to get what they have. who cares, everyone can make fun of them for spending cash on items that will be obsolete soon. as for those who have more time than you to put into the game, well obviously they earned more than you and deserve to have more than you. stop looking for handouts and actually earn your place for once.
Reply Quote
DO you hear yourself.

If every skill did 100% dmg to every player, then that means the DPS is straight DPS. There is no build that would out dmg since every skill dealt the same dmg.

If 150k dps deals the same dps as 300k dps, then why the hell isnt the 150k dps 300k dps?

Maybe because it isnt 300k dps.

You dont seem to understand what balancing for gear is like.
Reply Quote
10/18/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Arsonyst

Diablo 2 wasn't a piece of dogcrap when it came out nor did we have to pay 60-100 dollars to get it. An expansion won't polish this turd.
Reply Quote
you dont play this game so your opinion is invalid, go enjoy LOL and DOTA. I remember when that was fun several years ago.

balancing Diablo has nothing to do with any of your stupid suggestions. once specific dps stats are capped, it will be easier to balance the overall PvP damage. individual skills need not be changed, only the universal affect of all offensive and defensive stats in PvP mode. this includes crit damage, cc durations, and DOT effects. Once damage is lowered to a tolerable amount, defensive modifiers like elite damage reduction can be balanced as well. D2 balanced PvP just fine in each patch of LOD, D3 can do the same.

you do not seem to understand anything related to Diablo PvP or how to balance it.
Reply Quote
Right, I'm gonna just believe you because you have more dps. And since you have more dps, you know more. Because that makes perfect sense.
Reply Quote
Honest question: I have never played pvp in D2. How was it in comparison to duelling in D3?
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 07:10 PMPosted by Zalm
Right, I'm gonna just believe you because you have more dps. And since you have more dps, you know more. Because that makes perfect sense.

Dont let them bother you man, only in the mind of a child is where you will find remarks like that.
Reply Quote

In the strictest sense of the word, yes this game is competitive.

No... once again, the problem with this game is that it is not competitive.

And balance? Who is complaining about balance? This is a pve based game. Pvp is just the reward....

I'm... confused... Didn't you say earlier that all of Blizzards titles are competitive?

Also I don't know if I mentioned balance at all... :S
Reply Quote

it's not, blizzard is just too lazy / stupid.

It's very easy to have skills do different values against players

Yeah, but when those skills are based on your gear, and people are capable of buying the best gear if they have the money or time, then that leaves people who dont have the time or money to die over and over to those with the best gear.

The game is to gear oriented to be balanced. Even if every skill in the game only did 100% dmg, the guy with 300k will always outdmg the guy with 150k dps.

I don't think PvP is as gear dependent as you make it seem. All of the PvP video's I've seen are of people running away and doing periodic attacks. 75% of the time the players aren't even in the same screen.

lessening the skill damage drastically prevents people from getting 1 shot (not that that is happening now anyway) and prevents obvious skills that are allowed to be OP in pve
Reply Quote
I definitely was a bit disappointed when PvP continued getting pushed back. While I still play a little bit, I would have played infinitely more with PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I didn't buy this game for PvP, but I'm always down with more available content and things to do when I play.

For example they add that Arena thing from the videos: Cool. If I wanna I can farm a gear set, pick a certain build that I think would work in that Arena, get some friends and start killing and collecting some ears. And Blizzard could add a Leader-board of some sorts for bragging.

More options is always great. It's all good as long as they don't get crazy with trying to hyper balance everything. But as far as balance goes, part of the onus would have to be on the players.

If more PvP was added to the game, people can't just come on the forums and start !@#$%ing that "Class" or some item needs to be nerfed because you were killed, and its not fair. That right there is why they're so hesitant to expand PvP.
Reply Quote

I don't think PvP is as gear dependent as you make it seem. All of the PvP video's I've seen are of people running away and doing periodic attacks. 75% of the time the players aren't even in the same screen.

lessening the skill damage drastically prevents people from getting 1 shot (not that that is happening now anyway) and prevents obvious skills that are allowed to be OP in pve

finally someone who actually knows what they are talking about, because they actually take the time to experience it for themselves, or at least do a bit of research by watching it done by experienced players. Gear matters, just like it matters in any Diablo game, any MMO, any ARPG, and even in games like DOTA or LoL. Either way, gear is earned through a variety of means, and those who are capable get it, those who fail and make excuses do not.

When the AH's go down, the same people crying about having bad gear will still have bad gear, and the players who farm more efficiently and work out deals in trade and know how to use the game economy to their advantage will still have better gear. Nothing will change, only poor players think they will actually be able to catch up to those who have always done more and will always do more than they possibly could, to get ahead. The bottom line is, advantages must be earned, some players simply do not have what it takes.

Gear optimizes your chances of winning vs. all opponents, but you still have to plan and execute a strategy depending on the opponent type. Undergeared people win all the time when they play their cards right or at least when a match up favors their play style. Sure, the decked out guy should win more, or the overpowered class should win more, but it isn't always what actually happens.

Diablo PvP was never about perfect balance anyways. It's fun because there are no real rules or limitations, and each class and build has advantages or disavantages against others. D2 was great because there was no respec, you just geared up, had many sets of gear, and had specific builds per class you used to PvP with. Each of your characters served a purpose and was good in certain match ups. In D3, it's a bit different, people have gear sets for different match ups still, but we can swap skills to fit different opponents, which believe it or not, requires experience and planning. Strategy exists in PvP, it isn't only about who has more DPS as some noobs would think.

The gear choices, skill choices, and play mechanics of Diablo are actually more complex than games like DOTA or LOL, what is missing is the team component that makes the overall strategy less important and more basic, in combination with a lack of effort in balancing damage dealt and damage taken. If I could play a team based PvP game using my Diablo characters I built and geared how I wanted, and it required a handful of attacks to kill anyone rather than some people always getting 1shot and others taking 50 hits to die, it would be far more interesting than either of those games. This is why all the outrage at removing team deathmatch, and having no updates on PvP patches exists.
Reply Quote
I didn't buy this game for PvP, but I'm always down with more available content and things to do when I play.

For example they add that Arena thing from the videos: Cool. If I wanna I can farm a gear set, pick a certain build that I think would work in that Arena, get some friends and start killing and collecting some ears. And Blizzard could add a Leader-board of some sorts for bragging.

More options is always great. It's all good as long as they don't get crazy with trying to hyper balance everything. But as far as balance goes, part of the onus would have to be on the players.

If more PvP was added to the game, people can't just come on the forums and start !@#$%ing that "Class" or some item needs to be nerfed because you were killed, and its not fair. That right there is why they're so hesitant to expand PvP.

Maybe, but they can't release Full blown PVP, I wouldn't call brawling PVP. and PVP must come out independant of RoS expac, as it was Promised along with Vanilla D3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]